Your bandwidth is too low (February/March/April 2023)

Very often, especially when changing scenery or aircraft, I get the message that the connection has a to low bandwith ands is cancelled ans switched to off-linemode. A few moments later it is established again. Testing my connection shows speeds of 200MB. Do I have to change something in a setting?
Piet de Geus
Netherlands
How am I informed about this?

1 Like

Itā€™s starting to get insulting towards my provider.

Iā€™m constantly getting these warnings, mostly during afternoon or early evening. I donā€™t care if it takes a little longer to download scenery if their servers are struggling if Iā€™m flying in FL240 but I DO slowly but surely lose my patience if that window pops up all the time and interrupts the flight. MY connection is PERFECTLY FINE! Iā€™m downloading at 800+Mbps at speedtest.

They need to get rid of the logic that turns the online functionality off if they canā€™t come to grips with it, really.

4 Likes

Get exact the same,this need a fix!!!

3 Likes

Some posts removed.

Understand. Then MSFS/Asobo needs to acknowledge and fix the issue, because current state of functionality is unacceptable. This has been going on for ~ 6 weeks.

2 Likes

The issue was acknowledged 8 days ago (1st of March 2023) and this topic tagged with it.

1 Like

Where was it acknowledge ?

When topics are acknowledged by Microsoft, colored tags will be added to the topic. These colored tags are generally added by Microsoft, but Asobo may add some as well.

Tag reference:
New Tag System - Microsoft Flight Simulator / News and Announcements - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

1 Like

The topic has been ongoing for more than a year at least and nothing has ever really happened. There are times when it gets better, then it gets worse. I personally doubt that it has anything to do with any sim updates but rather with careless work on the streaming services in general. The sim just recognizes something and pushes the alert. Itā€™s not new that Microsoft services are pretty unreliable and they wonā€™t change them for MSFS. But neither the notification with the requirement to actually click on it nor the eventual disconnection from online services serves any purpose for the user and I totally get that people start to get really upset, myself included.

Itā€™s great that itā€™s been logged, probably ā€œonce againā€ā€¦ But it desperately needs to be not just fixed but removed. There is no need in telling me that my connection is down, my router has a red LED, my smartphone has no wlan in that case etc etc. And there is absolutely no need and use in turning the online functionality off which takes about a minute after clicking on it to turn it back on (!!). The sim could even just show a red triangle in a corner of the screen for 5 seconds and disappear. There are way too many notifications and useless alerts in this sim that make no sense. This is just another one that annoys due to its pushiness and pointlessness.

Itā€™s become a great sim but the user interface and background service is absolutely horrible. I understand that people start looking for external solutions, even if MS donā€™t like them.

5 Likes

Same problem. Microsoft doesnā€™t say anything. What happen?
More than two weeks without being able to play online. Continuous CTD.

2 Likes

Yeah I donā€™t know what is happening with rhe servers.
MSFS is not enjoyable at this point.

Today (and since a number of days), this issue still persistingā€¦ Whatā€™s going on??

1 Like

in Germany to.have this a few days now,switchback online sometimes also CTD!!! never have this before.
this Online Services Monitoring show nothing for this,it is uselessā€¦
it is cause by MS Servers,wat can not handle traffic i think,no problem if this it not force offlinemode and ctd if switch backā€¦that is absolute no more fun as is.

1 Like

This happens since AAU1 to many people and has nothing to do with your systems. It is for sure a server side issue MS has to fix.

1 Like

This happens since AAU1 update on my side.
Never a flight without this issue

4 Likes

Iā€™m joining the club

2 Likes

I canā€™t even fully start the sim right now (without setting offline) as connection is already lost on the update checkā€¦this is getting more and more annoying every day. It has to be fixed as No. 1 priority imo right now.

2 Likes

The last 1 1/2 Weeks it worked well again after a misserable week before where i canĀ“t have one flight without that massage atleast 2-3 times a flight.

Now since yesterday it started againā€¦

Yesterday after 13 Zulu was really bad almost all 10-15 minutes had a ā€œconnection lostā€ so i gave up.

Than tried again at 18 Zulu and no problems what so ever till 21 Zulu where it starts againā€¦

Now today ive flown 2 flights and had it happen 5 times already in that first 1 and a half hour flight at 9 Zulu.
The second flight was an 2 hour flight and got the message like every 5 minutesā€¦ so i had to let the setting of in order to be able to finish the flight.

Its strange that i have this the most if i fly from germany over to england.

Had it just in 2-3 flights over spain and france.

If i fly in Easteurope i never had it once

Also the US is still very stable.

So its very strange how things change from one week to another.

FYI i have an 400mbit down and 100mbit upload Internet and live in Germany.
So i donĀ“t think it has something to do with my machine/Internet anymoreā€¦

1 Like

I donā€™t think it has anything to do where you fly, I just had it with starting up in KIAD, more which servers are used for the connection. I see many from Germany and The Netherlands where this problem is.
Anyway, like I said I just had it with startup in KIAD but now you have the option to ignore. See whatā€™s happeningā€¦

1 Like

i realy start to Hate this

ThankĀ“s for destroy this Sim,it is useless as is for me,
switch back cause CTD :-1: :-1: :-1:

5 Likes