Your bandwidth is too low (February/March/April 2023)

VPN to?
USA or elsewhere?

Itā€™s not ISP related. Everything else is running fine.
Itā€™s an issue with MS content delivery servers. Downloading some packages in the content manager also was going until ~100MB and then the download stopped, the speed dropped slowly to zero and the download was started all over again. Rinse repeat.

Itā€™s NOT the ISP, nor is it an issue with the userā€™s PCs or internet connection. It seems to be their geographical location that seemingly connects them to Azure (or other CDN) servers that are affected. Since this is intransparent to the users and we canā€™t change it unless we run a VPN that exits somewhere else, itā€™s up to MS to fix this.

By the way: Buying products from the Marketplace and not being able to download them is just the cherry on the cake.

1 Like

I connected the VPN to Seattle

Agreeā€¦ happend when downloading the sdk update ā€¦ almost 2/3 at good speed ā€¦ then down to 0.

1 Like

This morning I took a flight in Central Africa. No other plane around.
I was disconnected from online service after 10 minutes of flight.

Iā€™ve tried multiple times to reconnect for my 2 hour flight but with no success whatsoever.

I had to fly with the horrible backdrop with no scenery streaming.

Tonight I had a group flight with 2 other friends on the same server (European West).
I got disconnected again 10 minutes after the start while the others had no problems.

Iā€™ve tried 2 times to reconnect and the last attempt took over 15 minutes!!

And when I got back on my plane, all the scenery was gone!
I only had a blue area below me.
Looked like water.
But I was flying over 15,000 foot mountains in Bolivia near La Paz.

The disconnection situation has gotten VERY BAD since SU12!!!

Before that I rarely had problems.

Hopefully this will get better after everyone downloads the update because actually it is totally UNACCEPTABLE!! :confounded::fire:

6 Likes

Itā€˜s not a question if they can provide more servers. The problem is that they donā€˜t want to at this moment. As long as it somewhat works they are not doing anything to address this. More servers cost money and it would not do anything for them in terms of revenue. Even if the majority of users have the connection issue on a regular basis, only a few of those users are walking away from the sim. But he or she will be back the next day to try again. Itā€˜s the price we have to pay for having a subscription free and always online streaming game that attracts millions of players on multiple devices.

Weā€™ll, Iā€˜d be willing to pay a monthly fee, if that would lead to an enjoyable experience.

3 Likes

Yes, me too.

Yes me too

Same for, since 3-4 daysā€¦ after that my sim looks like FSX until i turn it on again to get the same error 30 minutes laterā€¦

3 Likes

interesting thing, while having the message that advice me my bandwidth is too low bla bla I was panning around my plane, resulting to not been able to click the ā€œokā€ windows and continuing my flight, while I was stuck in free cam, all the background was frozen and had to prompt close my sim with alt f4, because no one control was responding :unamused:

1 Like

Itā€™s getting worse and worse every day. In Germany, I am completely disconnected again right now, with no chance to reconnect.

5 Likes

Same here, South Germany,
AND has been like that since the BETA came out.
Low Bandwidth msg on a 100MBit line
Not a single flight without it.
MS / Asobo get on it !!
Average Ethernet usage is about 17MBits with peaks to 35MBits

2 Likes

then you sim was in paused, if in dev mode you can resume the sim via the header buttoun simultaion ā†’ pause/resume sim

Same here netherlands

Since 2 or 3 weeks ā€¦ just had it again ā€¦ superfast free bandwith available though

Server issues should be fixed !

4 Likes

no no I have checked, if I was in pause, echap would have lead me to the menu ā€¦and had no access to dev mode since my game was frozen -_-

Same here also in south Germany, i tried 2 times to relaunch the sim at LSGG, on both cases the flight started with the error ā€œyour bandwidth blablaā€¦switching offline modeā€. Well i will enjoy again today the toliss a320 neo i guess :slight_smile:

1 Like

And just quitted the sim. Not going to start it anymore, until this getā€™s fixed! There are better things to do in free time, than this. So itā€™s just VATSIM controlling for me now.

Maybe going to install P3D v5 or XP11 again, but definitely not touching MSFS anymore, at least for a while.

1 Like

since su 12 this sim is useless because this,before it was bad but some time work. start after last Worldupdateā€¦
and you hear nothing from MS about this,i can not even start this sim nowā€¦
look like they will not fix it then

if all do this the MS server can handel the trafic then,so why fix then???