Your bandwidth is too low (February/March/April 2023)

Still getting the error ,does anyone else get vpilot disconnect as well just before the msg

Exactly the same, also in central Germany. I have a 250mbit connection with 30ms to the west europe servers.

Same here! Endless loading times and too low bandwith message! 
 and no its not our internet connection!

2 Likes

I tried a few more countries for the VPN connection and it doesn’t seem to matter much, just don’t choose German servers. Canada, France, Sweden, UK and USA all seem to work fine without the bandwidth too low message.

When I switch back to a German server or turn off the VPN, I get the message again almost immediately.

4 Likes

I’m getting a bit annoyed that this problem keeps comming back (or has never been dealth with and fixed)
 Im getting the message more often the last weeks
 Internet is 200up and 200 down which is more then sufficient

2 Likes

Same problem here, very frustrating since SU12.
Internet is a stable 200mbits connection.

1 Like

SU 12 is running smooth, but those server problems are very annoying. No chance to get bing data. Earth is looking like FS98. Internet connection is fast and stable.

1 Like

A VPN does seem to help. No fix, but a workaround. Can anybody recommend a good but cheap VPN? The ones I‘m looking up are rather expensive. Like 10€/month or 80-100€/year without Tax. That‘s definately more than what I‘m willing to spend.

I’m from Nuremberg. proton vpn is free and has only three countries usa, netherlands and japan. works for me netherlands perfectly.

2 Likes

Same Problem here in south Germany-TĂŒbingen. Sim at the moment not playable.

2 Likes

Hello, i have the same Issue. Game freezes after the low bandwith Alert. nothing is clickable and the engine sound is still running on loop in the background. Task manger does not show an unresponsive executable.

2 Likes

look like the exactly same situation I had this morning, someone answered me the following, maybe he is right and you can give it a try

Now every time I click on “fly” I get the bandwidth too low" message. Then on the airfield I see that not having photogrammety really messes with the (third party) airfields. So, I try enabeling the online settings again. That, however freezes the game. And I have to use taskmaster to shut down MSFS.

Also, this tread is “in slow mode”
 :unamused:
Is that low bandwidth bug contagious??

3 Likes

same issue here. Connection lost and when i will set in on again, this does not work, unplayable at this moment, Asobo fix this please immediately

1 Like

And there we are again
 ready for a flight. Low bandwith message. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Today there absolutely no way to turn on Bing Data World Graphics. This used to work up until today, at least for a couple of minutes. The dreaded Applying settings dialog simply waits for minutes and and then does nothing. Loading the game takes forever, loading into a flight takes forever, followed by “Your bandwith is too low”, which is not true.

Frankfurt, Germany, my internet connection is just fine, MS servers have a major constipation.

It’s become MS/Asobos biggest embarrassement yet.

5 Likes

I encountered this problem from time to time several weeks before SU12 launched. But it was rather rarely. Now it is permanent.

3 Likes

I have had some hope this issue would be solved after the update but it’s getting worse actually.
Low bandwith alert keeps appearing. Nothing wrong with my internet.

2 Likes

Germany, near Heidelberg here. I use Telekom as ISP, and have this “connection too slow” message since SU12 :frowning:

1 Like

Same problem here, germany too. Unplayable right now.