Your Current TOP 10 Aircraft

If you have a free PCIe x16 slot, you can get an nmea m2 card for another SSD. Make sure you configure which slot you use for best speed (sometimes they’re shared with other slots, like an onboard m2 slot).

In this case, you’re leaping so you can look! :wink:

Excellent choice, I love mine, such a great purchase, especially if you got to take advantage of the half price sale!

p.s. I have two 1 TB SSD’s (1 onboard, 1 in a PCIEx16 slot), 1 for system, 1 for MSFS, plus a bunch of hard drives for lots of other stuff.

2 Likes

Nope I don’t. Running off of this! Can’t even get a spare cat hair in there :rofl:

I can plug drives into my eGPU but then it’s sharing cable bandwidth with the video signal so probably not the best idea, or into a USB hub directly into the device but that has all my peripherals plugged in.

Don’t really want to invest more money in the PC side of this setup as I do intend to get a proper desktop soon once I see what the 7900X3D (or whatever it will be called) are like from AMD.

3 Likes

I’ve got spare cat hairs if you need any!

2 Likes

Got enough thanks!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Fixed that for you. Although why you would want to put a cat in there, nobody knows. Is your name Schrödinger by any chance?

2 Likes

There’s a pair of them (F6F and F4F) parked next to each other at the American Heritage Museum in Hudson, MA as well… (I docent there occasionally)

3 Likes

Here my list for January:

1. FSW Cessna 414: love the way she flies, the complexity of systems and this really amazing sound. Also in using different liveries for different avionics Momo seems way ahead.
  2. FBW Airbus 320: meticulous devotion to detail and a nice flight model. Hard to believe this is freeware. My goto airliner in the sim.
  3. Textron Longitude with AAU1: system depth and reliability of the flightplaner are amazing. Might be the flight model needs some polish.
  4. Airbus H145: having been with it from the early H135 until todays implementation of the new Asobo FM I am full of respect for what Davux has achieved. Was a pleasure and a steep learning experience to follow through all the development steps (similar holds true for the 414).
  5. BS analogue King Air. Fast plane, deeply modelled systems and nice sounds with the FTSim mod. Hope the compatibility issues with in cockpit avionics switching will resolve.
  6. BS analogue C208 Caravan. Same as above with versatility replacing speed.
  7. DC-3 with the duckworks mod. Lovely done iconic oldtimer with a fascinating start procedure. Greatly improved flightmodel with the mod (with the help of CCM) and continuous love from
    Imenes. Curious to see how far this will go.
  8. Ju 52 classic: So iconic and modelled with a lot of detail. A nice heavy and slow feeling in flight. Just love it.
  9. WB Sim Cessna 172: lets you learn do things properly. Awaiting the switch to the WT 530/430 hopefully later this year.
  10. Just flight Turbo Arrows. Like the improved FM that is going to come (Thanks to CCM for sharing a preview) and the modeling of this old school aircraft.

Two planes that are gone from my favorites and that I deeply miss are the Aerosoft Twin Otter and the Milviz PC-6. I was so happy to get a Twotter when it was released. Bugs started to be improved with mods and you could obtain an external sound package to get things right. Then Aerosoft blocked everything and took a year for a half backed sound improvement. Would love to see someone releasing a proper done Twotter.
The Milviz porter was a plane I flew often and loved the flight model. But the stage 2 release and the omission of the GTN750 was a big disappointment and lets a bad taste when flying this plane now.

A big big thank you goes to all the modders that improve our beloved planes and that are not represented in this list and to PMS for his continuous and fast support to keep the GTN750 which I use so often in various planes up to date and compatible with the current avionics development.
And of course to you for maintining this wonderful and inspiring list.

4 Likes

Once you decide, share your specs please so I can get me one!

2 Likes

I have the WB Sim 172 as well, but I have not dug into it very much yet. I got sucked into the BS Caravan and then went to the HondaJet. No time for anything else yet but once I have a chance to take a deep dive I might add it to the list.

2 Likes

Sure, will do! Pretty pleased with what my little gizmo can do, so I am not in a major hurry, but it is starting to creak under the strain of it all :slight_smile:

I’m in this for the long haul, so I will treat myself at some point - open the door to VR!

2 Likes

Okay, no rush…take your time. It pretty selfish of me to let you do all the research and work…huh? :rofl: I guess I could do it myself, but you are so much better at finding the best components!

Anyways, my HP Reverb arrives later this month…maybe I can’t wait…lol. I will share what I end up with…

2 Likes

I will just wait on my top 10, because I’m thinking it might change dramatically once you have VR? I know the helicopters should be a lot more fun!

3 Likes

And then when you look at flying for real, plus all the money saved traveling back and forth to airports, you realize that all that money you just spent on the sim, etc… is pennies :smiley:

4 Likes

Stupidly nose heavy? Like it’s missing an engine in the tail? Maybe wrong FM?

1 Like

Very true. There is also the added bonus of me not dying as a result of my inevitable bad choices when flying!

1 Like

You do not need to “want” to put it a cat in there, it will insert itself. It will also sit on your keyboard while you are trying to type, sit on your newspaper while you are reading and play various cat games like “get from one end of the house to the other without touching the floor” or “run madly up and down the hallway at 3.00 am while everyone is asleep”. That is just the nature of cats.

4 Likes

:rofl: I hardly ever see my cat. Perhaps he does hide in there… I never thought about opening it up to look for him before! I’ll pop a 2tb NVME in instead of the 1tb it has now next time I do!

1 Like

Old list:

1. Fenix A320
  2. Inibuilds A310
  3. PMDG 737-700
  4. PMDG DC6
  5. Milviz 310R

New list:

1. MD82
    (most interesting tubeliner with what I feel is the best flight model. Unfortunately graphics and sound are not on Fenix and PMDG level)

2. Fenix A320
    (awesome plane without any real drawbacks except that it can get a bit boring because so much in the A320 is automated)

3. C414AW
    (my new favorite prop plane with an awesome flight model and great sound and graphics)

4. 737-700
    (great plane but not quite on the Fenix level. Hopefully the upcoming EFB will make this plane even better)

5. A310
    (fantastic plane that I would have gladly bought for $60 if MS didn’t include it for free)

6. DC6
    (most challenging plane I own and a lot of fun to fly)

7. Milviz 310R
    (I like this plane but think that the flight model is too twitchy, especially the pitch axis)

8. FBW A320
    (not on the Fenix level but it’s FREE!)

4 Likes

Yeah, I think so too, thought it was just me being twitchy. One of the reasons I like the C414 better. I would be okay with it but I doubt if the RL 310 is that unstable in pitch.

1 Like

Might be because I discovered a little dead zone in the pitch axis of the Honeycomb Alpha XPC. It’s just a few millimeters big but still disappointing, I will probably return it, I read it’s common and built that way by design and the fix is to replace the controller board, which is ridiculous because it’s cheap relatively speaking, but not that cheap. Anyways I like a very responsive yoke to handle twitchy aircraft like the Milviz 310.

1 Like