Your Current TOP 10 Aircraft

Welcome! Do you wish to add 1 more, as you’re allowed to list 10 here…??

My list…and apologies these are the only planes I fly at the moment:

In terms of choices I tend to look at the developer first and their track record of development, their engagement with the community, depth of software development in replicating the fidelity of the plane and pro active with support. I also try and master in some depth each plane in terms of flight planning and its systems. Based on this criteria;

1 Cessna Longitude Asobo with Working Title Avionics uplift (Asobo and WT. Its inspiring to see the young teams from these two teams produce such am incredible aircraft) such a wonderful intellectual challenge to fly this correctly. I purchased the Premium DeLuxe MSFS as soon as it was publisihed and have never regretted it

2 Kodiak 100 SWS working with Daher have developed a consummate piece of software engineering. SWS engagement with the community on their thread is outstanding. Thank you to SiRRiPPERORiG ## Alex Vletsas one of the developers on the Kodiak thread for his outstanding support and engagement

3 CJ4 Asobo with Working Title Avionics uplift. When a real life jet pilot announced on You Tube ‘this is as close as you can get to flying a real jet’ that was the firsts sign for me of the intellectual depth and significance of Working Title

4 PMDG 737-700 PMDG have produced a product which again a real life Boeing 737 training captain announced on You Tube ’ close as you can get to the real thing’.

5 PMDG DC6 My first purchase on MSFS and Im still learning, Every time I go into the cockpit its like entering a library always something I need to re read, sometimes I just start it up and just listen to it without flying it :slight_smile:

6 Honda Jet Just one developer such a beautiful replication of the real jet. Thank you @MarwanGH7929

Other aircraft I will be purchasing soon HPG 145 Helicopter and the Wilga influenced by and based on [Baracus250] recommendation

8 Likes

Thanks for the update mate!

:pray: I should be getting a commission for all this! :smiley:

5 Likes

[quote=“Baracus250, post:3063, topic:507204”]
:pray: I should be getting a commission for all this! :smiley:
[/quote
Yeah, that’s the American way, too bad you are British :rofl:

My heritage is Irish…guess I need to go find a pub!

2 Likes

Nothing to do with the Titanic disaster I hope :slight_smile:

:rofl: Yeah, that’s about right :beers: :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Hahaha…probably, that’s why I didn’t become a ship captain!

1 Like

Yeah we’re much safer in the air! At least you can’t fit 1,500 lives on board :slight_smile:

And no icebergs above a couple hundred feet :wink:

2 Likes

Hmmm. don’t fly it much, but you could add the Got Friends Discus 2C Premium for relaxed Alps cruising. TY!

2 Likes

Wow… Spirit of St. Louis made your list, eh… I am surprised. It’s about the most aesthetically unsatisfying aircraft to fly. Can’t see a thing out of it. :wink:

3 Likes

Haha, reminds me of driving a steam train. Face full of gauges, levers and dials. Stick your head out the window to see (which was actually pretty “fun” with Track IR one time - doing whole flight like that would give my neck a crick though!). Lucky there aren’t any tunnels or trees in the air that could decapitate you!

Wonder if the Darkstar was influenced by this? Though I don’t think the St Louis needs to be that strong up front. Hardly gonna manage to pull Mach 9 in that unless things went really wrong :smiley:

2 Likes

There had to be some reason for that design… it HAD to be a compromise for something! Unless whoever designed that flying coffin was a ■■■■■■ of the noblest blood. :joy:

1 Like

Well, you got me interested enough to ask Wikipedia!

I quote:

At Lindbergh’s request, the large main and forward fuel tanks were placed in the forward section of the fuselage, in front of the pilot, with the oil tank acting as a firewall. This arrangement improved the center of gravity and reduced the risk of the pilot being crushed to death between the main tank and the engine in the event of a crash. This design decision meant that there could be no front windshield, and that forward visibility would be limited to the side windows. This did not concern Lindbergh as he was accustomed to flying in the rear cockpit of mail planes with mail bags in the front. When he wanted to see forward, he would slightly yaw the aircraft and look out the side. To provide some forward vision as a precaution against hitting ship masts, trees, or structures while flying at low altitude, a Ryan employee who had served in the submarine service installed a periscope which Lindbergh helped design. It is unclear whether the periscope was used during the flight.

Have you seen / used the periscope?

From here: Spirit of St. Louis - Wikipedia

I guess as it was transatlantic crossing he really needed the extra fuel :wink:

4 Likes

Still no Wilga…

:cry: :sob: Arghhhhh… come on Microsoft! Wakey wakey!
:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :sunrise: :coffee: :keyboard: :computer_mouse: :play_or_pause_button: :white_check_mark: :checkered_flag:

3 Likes

Well Asobo in this case who are in France. Is January a Holiday in France? :smiley:

Microsoft does the approval I think. I’m used to it by now. Just really want that plane!

Indeed you should! Your summation of the aircraft, combined with your unrelenting praise for it, caused me to buy it. I’m very happy I did! Thank you!!

1 Like

With headtracking, it´s quite a fun challenge :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I am thinking the extra fuel was the reason, but I don’t buy his willingness to not have any forward visibility. Imagine yourself in his shoes. Would you be willing THAT as a compromise? Never! (For me), but I am also not as crazy. I’d never agree to fly anything of the sort. It makes landing a cluster. I only flew it once, on a familiar VFR flight where I knew EXACTLY where the airport was and it was still a pain… I had to do a sharp 90 degree turn to maintain visibility and then once on short final, had to gauge by the view out of side window how close I am to the center line. Absolutely bonkers. Something that should be resented to the most irresponsible decisions in aviation. Your mileage may vary, but he was insane to attempt that. Too much risk, not enough control… it all smells of trouble. Should have never been done. But I suppose, if we applied it to Wright Brothers’ shenanigans and the Bleriot… those early aviators were basically… Darwin Award Candidates :joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes