Your Current TOP 10 Aircraft

I suppose pausing could be the culprit in this case. I never use autopilot, so whenever I have to get up and do stuff I pause the sim.

Hobbs is engine start to engine shutdown, usually Hobbs meter senses the oil pressure. Tach time is same as Hobbs time at normal cruise RPM. At lower RPM tach time runs slower than normal Hobbs (clock speed) at higher than cruise RPM tach time runs faster than Hobbs. Tach time is used to track engine hours SMOH (since major overhaul). Flight time (takeoff to landing) is recorded by the pilot on paper or using a chronometer. Some aircraft have a switch (squat switch) on the landing gear strut to sense wheels off/wheels on (flight time). Pilot hours are logged using Hobbs time or if no Hobbs meter, writing down the time from engine start to engine shutdown. Pilots can log all those hours of taxi or just sitting on ramp with engine running.

1 Like

Flight time is used for flight planning, for instance dead reckoning navigation, and to record your off time and on time for your VFR or IFR flight plan with ATC or Flight Service Station for search and rescue and ATC tracking.

1 Like

Very cool to hear that the Connie is still improving as a module!

I agree. It is so incredibly important for reviewers to go back and revisit the module that they have done a review on. Many of these aircraft today are absolutely leaps and bounds better than where they were a year ago.

I just had to write this somewhere, and I thought what better place than my “home” thread :slight_smile:
It is kinda on topic, I promise.

I managed to tear myself away from the Wilga and took the PC-6 Porter for a trip. Flew half way across Africa (it really wasn’t! But it felt like it!)…

Map of route (~1.5 hours)

Destination was a bush strip (Baobab Camp) at the Victoria Waterfall - that new scenery pack payware - wow that is THE best scenery addon I’ve got. You can see the wiggly bit on the left where I took the Porter down low into the canyon and followed the stream back to the falls - it was so nicely handling, super satisfying and weighty feeling. It’s pretty narrow in there with some tight-ish turns but I was taking good lines and just flowing through it - was amazing!

But I really wanted to say about the Porter. I had shelved it for quite some time but now I’m back in it and it truly is a brilliant thing. All the systems work well, it plays perfect with my Logitech AP (some planes are a bit funky with it, probably fixable with Spad etc but this just works as I want it to for that long straight leg) then landing while maintaining the stall buzzer and just gently sitting her down, then reverse thrust, keep the nose down, then off thrust and slowly pull back on the stick to settle the tail while braking progressively and keep her straight. Then unlock the tail wheel, low idle, taxi to parking and get her stopped - there is suddenly a lot to do with all that - but everything works so well, feels SOLID and under control - and therefore is immensely satisfying.

I think I fall deeper in love with this sim every day! :two_hearts:

12 Likes

Yesterday was an expensive day. Twotter, Skymaster and PA44 Seminole.
I won’t mention Kos airport or White Waltham.

This thread is expensive man! :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

I can ban you if you want? :wink:

5 Likes

Same I think I fall in love with the sim every time I play it or should I say fly it!

3 Likes

Help!

I’ve been Tiger Mothed…

:fire::100::fire:

8 Likes

Get to bed man!! :smiley:

2 Likes

There’s no helping you now. I’m sorry. It has been nice knowing you.

4 Likes

The only reason I do not fly it almost all the time is Neofly insists on emptying the oil tanks and the engine blows up.

If I could do a Neofly Tiger Moth Career I suspect I would rarely fly anything else.

3 Likes

Which PC-6 Porter are you using, there is two…right? Milviz has one and Blackbird has one? Did Milviz and Blackbird merge, or Milviz changed their name to Blackbird? Hard to keep track of all these developers having joint projects.

This is the correct answer. (Plus they released an update which included the Steam Gauge version).

The other Porter is Asobo / MS.

2 Likes

Yes, as Funghie said. I’m flying the Blackbird (which was MilViz) new analogue update, with tundra tyres. I deleted the Asobo one about 5 mins after my first flight when I first bought this :smiley:

3 Likes

Wilga-ed and Tiger Moth-ed in less than a week!

3 Likes

What is your method for deleting? Do you uninstall in the sim? Or do you delete it from the official packages folder?

I guess me too! And PC-6-ed. Excuse me while I go rob a bank…:rofl: I meant my own piggy bank!

2 Likes

There were three but the third one, by all accounts the best of them, was by a Ukrainian dev team, who had an untimely interruption when a war broke out. That project is on hold.

1 Like