Your Current TOP 10 Aircraft

Give it a month, you’ll be at 2000! Hints: freeware airports.

1 Like

Too late bud, unless you meant 3k :wink:

HELP :ring_buoy: Oh boy…I spoke too soon about stability… something has happened on my PC today and ALL photogrammetry - even mods installed to my disk - seem to just be staying in the lowest detail (furthest LOD state) for ever. And terrain near them is messed up in places (like things are too low or high, water creeping and sunken buildings). I have no idea what to even search for to find an answer to this one!

Tried removing all mods (totally empty community) and it’s the same.

Any ideas guys?!

Examples

It can’t be because I moved airports to USB disk, surely?
There was an update to the Seafront vessels today, and a .net update in Windows Update panel. Other than that I have removed EVERYTHING and it’s not changing.

Graphic settings are fine, data is on, my fibre speed is normal. Maybe I will try new Nvida drivers?!

1 Like

Also, maybe sleep on it. I get bad server days on occasion. Usually fix themselves by the next day.

But with an installed PG mod it can’t be the server, it would read that from disk. I tried the Cape Town, South Africa one as everyone on the fs.to page was saying it’s really amazing, and realised I can’t be seeing the right thing.

1 Like

Ah. Misunderstood that. Good luck!

Oh, one other thing I did today was a C drive cleanup - temp files, driver delivery files, shader cache etc etc

Does sound more file related rather than internet bandwidth.

What if you go somewhere random known for good photogrammetry like the QLD Gold Coast ?

Maybe try manually caching an area and see what happens ?

I did just try Australia. And the bad quality looks better there but it’s still not right. It’s like something in the core sim is just not triggering the higher detail polys and LoDs to activate. Even with empty community. The wrong terrain (last screenshot) is weird though. I just tried putting latest Nvidia driver on as clean install. Booting now :confused:

Failing that this could be a full reinstall job! Argh

Try changing servers, no idea if that effects photogrammetry but worth a go.

1 Like

Will try other sever good idea.

Just wondering if REX AccuSeason has ballsed something up. Coz that installs texture files that stay even if I empty (rename) the Community folder. It seems something globally wrong. Getting a lot of terrain mesh snapping and that weird water everywhere. I’ve tried doing a manual update. New RTX drivers didn’t do anything and putting LOD slider to 300 doesn’t make things look better (just kills my frame rate). This is a weird one!!

1 Like

I see how it is now.

When I suggest server issues it can’t be that.

But when someone else does…

Sigh…

(Kicks a rock…)

3 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue: Ouch… sorry man! Doesn’t make any difference anyway. I’m gonna leave it until tomorrow maybe it will magically fix itself - but I somehow doubt it.

Turning PG off makes it look a lot better (but Boise still has weird water so maybe that’s a separate issue). I might just have to settle for that as I really can’t face to reinstall everything only to find it’s still the same :frowning:

With PG off but flying over a mod PG city, I still get the same low quality. But with PG on (in data) in the same mod city, everything is sunken and terrain is borked too, and get very weird mesh morphing (like it’s literally drawing the lowest detail for everything now for some reason).

This is so weird.

1 Like

You know I kid.

And oof, that looks bad.

Oh “worse than you thought”, I thought you meant “not as bad as I thought”. Misread…

Yeah weird, I’m more of a novice than the rest of you but I would suspect the changes made between the before and after. The seafront vessels update or moving AccuSeason out of the community folder with other files from AccuSeason still remaining somewhere else? Maybe put AccuSeason back in the community folder? If your system created a recent restore point you could try restoring your system to before the changes happened.

Here is my list for January, since my last list I changed my name. Name was Jones Offroad back then.

1. The SWS Kodiak: I am really in love with this aircraft, it has been my real life favourite since I first saw it. The system-depth and all those extras that SWS offers, plus the ongoing support make it the best airplane for me. And it’s even more enjoyable since I got my Turtle Beach rig over the holidays. Unbeatable No.1 for me.

2. The //42 Freedom Fox: I flew this plane in nearly every session before I got the yoke. At the moment I don’t fly it a lot (I don’t really fly anything but the Kodiak atm), but it is a fun little plane especially for the //42 strips in California and Nevada.

3. The GotFriends Discus: For a short flight after work and just to calm down, glider flying is nearly unbeatable. I like the Discus for the little extras like opening canopy, and am desperatly waiting for GotFriends to implement the native winch start and towing options for Xbox.

4. The SWS Zenith: She is made for hand-flying, she is easy to fly and she is nimble. If you got the Zenny, you don’t need helicopters. Even though I don’t use her that much, she has a place in my heart.

5. / 6. The Standard 152 and 172: I went through the flight school after I got my rig, and found these two planes to be very enjoyable. They are what you would expect, nothing special, just two school-planes with a very believable flight model. They do miss features like opening doors or visible co-pilots and passengers, features I really appreciate in third-party planes and that are kind of essential for me. But they are free for everyone who buys the sim, and they are very good to get starting. I should have tried them out way earlier.

I know that I could add 4 more, but I do not buy a lot of planes and there is nothing else for me to mention at the moment.

4 Likes

As of now…

1. PMDG 737
  2. Blackbird C310R
  3. FlySimWare Chancellor (got it last night)
  4. JustFlight Pipers
  5. PMDG DC-6 (only 5th cause of the gyropilot being currently broken)
  6. Fenix A320
  7. Blackbird PC-6
  8. Leonardo Maddog
  9. FlyingIron Spitfire
  10. JustFlight BAE Hawk

That’s how it stands right now.

Too many great planes for only 10 spots. That being said, Big Radials anything, FlyingIron anything, Blackbird, iniBuilds, and the Widgeon from FSW too… Still have to get the Kodiak.

5 Likes

You don’t have the Kodiak.

Sure you’ve not launched FSX by mistake ? :joy:

Only, kidding. Hope you get it sorted soon :+1: