Your Current TOP 10 Aircraft

That is a crazy price for a couple of touchscreens, knobs and some software license. Supply and demand though I guess - they don’t sell so many as PC hardware but it can’t be costing them that much more to produce than the RealSimWare mock-up/replica which is only about $1,200!

FAA approved Avionics is never cheap. That said, I suspect the pricing on the G1000NXI assumes it is going in something like a $US2 million Quest Kodiak not a $60,000 GA plane.

The point though is the average older GA plane sitting around at the local air strip is still quite likely to only have very basic glass if any at all. That will change over time of course. Eventually the only “steam gauge” aircraft will be restored vintage ones left that way intentionally.

3 Likes

Last two weeks top 5 in my logs

1. Pilatus
  2. Savage Cub
  3. GeeBee modelZ (lots of log entries today… practicing take of and land :stuck_out_tongue: I’m in love… )
  4. Pitts
  5. Cessna C19
1 Like

Old

1. Flysimware Cessna 414AW with PMS GTN750
  2. Fenix A320
  3. Asobo stock Cessna 172 with WT G1000NXi
  4. Asobo Cessna 208 with mod and WT G1000NXi
  5. WT Cessna CJ4

New

1. WB-Sim Cessna 172X
  2. Flysimware Cessna 414AW with PMS GTN750
  3. Fenix A320
  4. Asobo stock Cessna 172 with WT G1000NXi
  5. Asobo Cessna 208 with mod and WT G1000NXi

Within 10 days of the 414AW getting my top spot, the young upstart that is the WB-Sim 172X has claimed the prize :joy:

The 172X is even more fun to fly than the 414, or even the stock 172 and 152.
The avionics are true to the manuals, the 172 behaviour is true to the POH, and the flight model is better (and I believe getting more IRL with the next update).
Now the pre-flight, engine start, runup & takeoff checklists properly mean something! Now the real possibility of flooded engines and winter starting issues mean something!
And of course the Tobii 5 adds the icing.

I said I wanted to add a li’l spice, and this ‘Near-Study Level’ 172 is just the ticket.

1 Like
  1. FSW Cessna 414AW
  2. Milviz 310R
  3. Black Square Analog Caravan
  4. PMDG DC6
  5. BAE 146

The top three are a toss up. Really any could be top. I expect the Analog King Air will take the top spot whenever it is released.

2 Likes
  1. PMDG 737-700
  2. PMDG DC6
  3. Milviz 310R
  4. FBW A320
  5. Fenix A320
1 Like

FINALLY I have five aircraft too instead of always writing “Fenix” and nothing else :smiley:

Here is the new list, when considering every variant of the 737 as uniqué plane instead of just one:

1.) Fenix Airbus.
2.) PMDG 737-700 Freighter
3.) PMDG 737-800 Freighter
4.) PMDG 737-600 (The cute little calf of the 700 and the 800, probably it will become a freighter too when it´s fully grown *ggg )
5.) FlySimware Cessna 414 (the best of the best, even if I don´t fly GA anymore thanks to finally having airliners in the sim I still love the Cessna 414 and hop into it sometimes.)

1 Like

Hi Python!
I have assumed a few things on your list as I see you’re on Xbox. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Pilatus is the Asosbo PC-6 one, not MilViz

GeeBee model Z was not mentioned before but I bundled it with the R-2 as they are part of same package?

Cessna C19 is actually the L-19 Bird Dog? (Black Box)

1 Like

My update, probably too late for this Sunday’s Runway Show, but it was a rare weekend where I was at home and able to fly in the Sim.

1. BBS BN Islander V2 (no surprise there)
  2. JF Bae146 (using twin Logitech throttle quadrants and joystick tiller is so much fun with this)
  3. Fenix A320 (just awesome on the 80% of flights when it doesn’t freeze and require a reboot)
  4. JF Arrow (rediscovered this for GA flying while I waited for the Islander update)
  5. Flying Iron Lightning (not used much lately but still a worthy entry to round out the Top 5)

Not much on the horizon now that I’m super excited about, but some of the free 40th anniversary planes look good.

2 Likes

I’ve really got in a mess with your lists. Tried to backtrack but it doesn’t balance so not sure what I did. I think the Maddog still has 3pts from you now but shouldn’t but I’m leaving it. Hopefully from now on your updates will make sense and the Maddog gets a little permanent gift from your history!

Not too late, working on it now :wink:

The Sunday Runway Show is Live and In The Air!

If you want to see some MORE GREAT planes that fall outside of the Top 25 above, you can grab the full PDF download here:

==== THIS WEEKS TOP 10 ====

====== MY SUMMARY ======
A good week for tubeliners especially with the combined effort of the 737’s, but no big surprise runaway aircraft scoring big votes this week. Even the beloved Twins have slowed down. Time for some underdogs to do some catching up but the gap is kind of exponential. We are all waiting for the next big thing already, huh? Fast moving desires of the community!

Of note, the Fenix has overtaken the FBW A320.

The Islander v2.0 has started to climb slowly but steadily (that’s quite realistic then!).

In a rare turn of events the Twin Otter went up 1 position due to the BAe 146 being removed from some lists.

1 new plane this week is just the Cessna 172 Classic Enhancement by WB-Sim.

I wonder how much that has an inherently limited market due to probably the large majority of users only owning the base game (the mod needs Deluxe or Premium). To upgrade JUST to be able to use this mod suddenly would make it a crazy price, so nobody is really gonna do that.

I hope a lot of people are excited for the Got Friends Wilga. I’ve never heard of the real plane before (not much surprise there, I know cars more than planes) but man it looks like a really good and interesting / exciting / comprehensive package which I’m sure will also be incredibly fairly priced. Those guys are on a roll. I have enough cool STOL/ Bush planes but I’m definitely grabbing that as soon as it’s available.

With the 3rd variant of the PMDG 737 out now and as explained in a previous post of mine, the row in the charts is combined for all the 737’s but if you want to see a breakdown of which variants got what scores for whatever reason, you can see this at the bottom of the PDF download from now on.

Nothing new for me this week. Still didn’t punch the 414 buy button hehe. Had a bad spate of constant and varying CTD’s but huge thanks to @ScarsStitches for a tip about a feature I had not used in Addons Linker, it seems that it may be solved for now. So I can enjoy flying again without the threat of imminent bombing out hanging over my head.

Thanks to everyone in the thread that’s voted or just chatted. Always fun to read!! Onwards and upwards, captains! o7

12 Likes

100x100 agree with this!

I got the Fenix Airbus ten days ago… haven’t flown it…

1 Like

@WellREDBarron you go fly the Fenix right now!!

@Baracus250 go get the 414! cant believe you still didnt try it out

3 Likes

Tonight’s the night. Have loaded it cold and dark and looked around. Began fueling and boarding. Very impressed so far. Then life got difficult.

OK OK, you got me too. Just bought it and downloaded :smiley:

Also got REX AccuSeason and the 172 Classic from JF whilst I was in the mood :slight_smile:
Bank holiday here tomorrow, so big day of flying, CTD’s permitting!

4 Likes

Now sit on it for over a week!

Nah man I’m going in now before bed! :smiley:

1 Like

I think you will love it.