Your Current TOP 10 Aircraft

Update:

1. Goose: The Goose checks the most important boxes for me. Namely, it just works with my gear so I have minimal need to use the mouse or keyboard while starting or flying. It requires a bit of attention so you don’t blow an engine. The plane itself is a classic full of quirks and WWII personality. Xbox compatibility is a plus. It was a VERY close call between 1 and 2 this time.

2. Cessna 310: This plane has all the bells and whistles. I wish all planes had these bells and whistles. It isn’t as perfect a fit with my gear as the Goose so it drops a spot but it is also pretty new to me so it may gain the first spot after more flights. The plane itself is full of quirks and personality. It can land like a brick. Loads of fun. A must buy for pretty much anyone, whereas my Goose might just be for weirdos like me.

3. Kodiak: Another perfect match for my gear, and this little/big plane can go pretty much anywhere. It has dropped from the top spot on my prior list mainly because the plane itself is so new and like a Tesla of the sky. It’s more reliable than the planes to take the new top two spots. And it just doesn’t bring the charm or personality like the Goose and 310. I am never worried the Kodiak might fail. Still, I think I have more hours in the Kodiak than any other plane in my hangar.

4. DC6: Just superb. While not a perfect match with my gear it comes close enough. It is as easy or as challenging as you wish to make it. The sounds and visuals are top notch. Even the way the mouse overs give text on the pad to make for easy reading. They thought of everything on this one. It never feels like corners were cut or expenses were spared to make this one.

5. 247D: Really charming plane full of quirks. Glorious to fly. Not great for my setup, and I would fly it more if it had an AP, but every time I get in this plane I fall in love again. You can tell this was made by a very small team, and yet, it far exceeds what many of the big boys are doing these days.

4 Likes
  1. FSW Cessna 414.
  2. PMDG 737=700
  3. JF BAe 146
  4. JF Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV
    =5. Milviz 310
    =5. FBW A320

Okay, I cheated, but they’re all worth a mention. Kudos to Just Flight for having two in the list.

1 Like

Thanks for the update @WellREDBarron and the nice little write-ups. That’s some pretty big changes for your list hehe. I see your first list was made on the very first day of this thread, so it’s interesting to see the changes you’ve made after these months.

You were right about the Goose (back in May) when you said it looked like it was going to be top of your list soon :slight_smile:
Must admit I love that plane. I keep going back to it and it’s very satisfying plus you can land it anywhere (i.e. water). It was 3rd on my list back then and I still haven’t had reason to change anything yet. Just not getting much fly time to make a change yet. I’d probably drop the F-35 and put the 310R in though (…soon). Thanks again for your support here and for writing the little descriptions of your reasons for the decisions!!

1 Like

Hi and thanks for contributing here :smiley:

…a bit :slight_smile:
I think there must have been a subconscious reason you put the Cessna before the Airbus, so I have given the 310R the last point :wink:

2 Likes

Of course. This thread has been a delight for me, and a curse on my wallet! I am surprised The Goose held my top spot, the 310 is really well made. When MilViz releases an Otter with that type of detail, I fear my Goose may be cooked.

4 Likes

Museums as a rule like subdued light as UV damages the exhibitions. For the same reason many museums will also ban camera flashes. Ideally lug a tripod or bring one of those mini bean bag things so you can get away with a low shutter speed.

Failing that better brands (Nikon/Canon/Sony etc) usually have a camera/lens which is stabilised with some sort of anti-shake allowing quite low hand held shutter speeds.

Absolutely spoiled for choice at the moment. Since going PC I’ve bought the 146, 737, Fenix A320, Arrow bundle, T1 Hawk, and yesterday the 310R. I’m now skint but it’s absolutely worth it :joy:

2 Likes

XBOX users having the time of their life :joy: :rofl:

The xbox was good, it’s just not enough for me personally, for what I want out of the sim.

2 Likes

Now you get to do what I do. Fly all serious on PC, or go all GTA with a controller on Xbox.

Only two of my top 5 planes are Xbox compatible and my yoke and throttle still aren’t, so I stick to PC.

1 Like

Old list:
Stearman - DCDesigns
Discus 2c - Got Friends
Boeing 247D - Wing42
Spitfire - Flying Iron
Cessna C152 - JPL Mod

New list:
Cessna C152 - JPL Mod
Discus 2c - Got Friends
Arrow III - Just Flight
Spitfire - Flying Iron
Boeing 247D - Wing42

(And looking forward to the new premium version of the Discus 2)

2 Likes

Great minds think alike. I prefer it over the Turbo Arrow. Something more immersive about it that i can’t put my finger on. And i don’t care about altitude flexing anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I agree. I have the bundle with the turbos but only flew them once I think. The arrow III non turbo feels just right for me.

1 Like

It’s out now on FSTO. I bought it and applied my loyalty points so got it for a tenner.

Now question is do I count the old one freeware and premium together here? FES version separate?

1 Like

It’s out now on FSTO.

Great news!

Now question is do I count the old one freeware and premium together here? FES version separate?

I think the best is to count together all versions. Flight model is the same in freeware and premium. And FES version is same aircraft with a modification (kind as the Spitfire that has a version with clipped wings)

1 Like

Yeah agreed. I don’t want to fragment the scores. Want gliders to glide up the charts using the natural thermals of many many votes hehe

3 Likes

Nice one. We had better add that to our database as well then I guess?

Yep I’ll grab the name as soon as I get a bit of time to install and fly it! :wink:

1 Like

I have bankrupted myself on aircraft since building a PC.

3 Likes

PC honeymoon period… how long will it last?! :smiley:

2 Likes