Your TOP 5 World Enhancement Mods

I have tried it and it seems to work but I have had CTD’s on most flights with it connected. The only thing is, CTD’s are not uncommon for me anyway so I really have no idea if this was the cause. I did suffer an engine failure on a couple of my flights after turning up the probability and that was pretty cool. Definitely something to experiment more with. Sure would be nice if such a feature was part of the base sim though.

This looks good!!

Just got an email about it. $13. Tempted.

1 Like

The first thing I noticed was the enormous eye on some of the hurricanes in the video. While not impossible, they did seem a bit overdone to this weather geek.

My list pretty much tracks with the popular choices:

1. Bijan 4 Seasons
  2. Puffin We Love VFR
  3. Heinrik Nielsen GAIST
  4. Mamu Powerlines * Solar Farms
  5. Zinertek Enhanced Airport Graphics

Honorable Mentions:
A. SouthOakCo Birds. What I like about this is the “startle factor” of birds suddenly appearing in your peripheral vision (or worse, on your flight path!).
B. @DigitalJonx Man’s Best Co-Pilot. It’s still in development, but if you’ve flown either the freeware Edgley Optica or the GotFriends’ payware version, you know the joy of flying with a furry friend in the cockpit.

2 Likes

I seem to have a problem with this since SU9 unfortunately. With it enabled I don’t get any ship traffic any more. The Seafront Vessels stuff works OK but with that disabled and GAIST still enabled there is nothing. Still it’s saved me 10gb on my main disk by removing it for now lol

1 Like

One new list given this week, so there is a tiny change. Zinertek Airport Textures moved up 3 spots.

1. P2A - Pilot2Atc (and ATC chatter) - ATC, moving map and a lot more besides

2. Zinertek - Enhanced Airport Graphics - improves airport textures almost worldwide

3. Bijan Habashi - 4 Seasons- great trees with very small (for me) performance impact

4. FS2Crew - RAAS (gives runway, approach callouts etc.)- surprisingly useful

5. Aerosoft - Simple Traffic - does what it says on the tin with no noticeable performance impact (for me)

1 Like

Yes. I also have the same issue now with the Henrik Nielson GAIST.

And, yes, okay for me too before SU9. I’ve also now deleted it for the moment.

Oh, good I guess. Not just me! No idea why - seems to work for most people?!

1 Like

it works perfectly fine after SU9 - the hick-ups some had during SU8 disappeared after SU9 - so it needs to be some kind of installation issue.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I’d love to get it working again. Any suggestions how to totally remove / reset / rebuild the library from scratch? I guess just moving the 9.5gb folder away is not enough - does it store information elsewhere? I have tried deleting Content.xml and opening the game again but out of ideas where to look. I was using the Beta Ultra package. Seems on FSTO that there are a few I have downloaded in the past, but it’s not ‘seeing’ them as ticked (green tick after I download) so am unsure which is the best download version to use now.

1 Like

Hi - maybe let’s take it in the discussion thread on GAIST so more can give their ideas.

Global AI Ship Traffic V2 native version and Great Lakes - Third Party Addon Discussion / Scenery Packs - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

1 Like

I’d love a furry co-pilot.
Can you give me more information about plugins that allow it?

It’s still under development, but check out @DigitalJonx announcement post here: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Man's Best Co-Pilot | Jonx

1 Like

old

1. We have Hippos
  2. Seafront Global Shipping
    3 We love VFR
    4 Enhanced Airport Graphics
    5 Return to Misty’s Mooring

new

1. Maasai Mara Animal Safari
  2. We Have Hippos - The Malawi Project
  3. We Love VFR Region 1
  4. Henrik Nielsen’s Global AI Ship Traffic MSFS
  5. Powerlines & Solarfarms
3 Likes

My top 5

We Love VFR
Mamu Powerlines
REX Airport Textures
REX AccuSeason
GAIST ships

But generally everything that improve sim globally is worth installing, so don’t sleep on things like MAMU liftts, airport lights, AREX and/or Enhahnced Ground Vehicles, Enhanced Live Traffic, Floyd Clouds or even jetways if you fly airliners.

2 Likes

Here is the weeks updated chart. 2 new posts but had a big effect around the middle ranks!

FSTramp, can’t navigate without it. You can skip in long flights

2 Likes

Thanks but I prefer to remain seated in the cockpit :slightly_smiling_face:

hehehe. How about press-ups?

1 Like