Your TOP 5 World Enhancement Mods

Agree with you on Real VFR, I have both of his add ons and they are really great. I’m from Torquay so pretty close to Bolt Head airfield. I actually went for a walk down there a few weeks ago after buying his add on and took some photos of the various structures, such as the water tank on the path towards East Soar farm, he has done a superb job rendering them. He had actually missed the tiny welcome hut next to the airfield and I mentioned it to him and he created it and sent it out as an update a couple days later.

He’s working on St Mary’s on the Isles of Scilly now. That’s a tough area as Superspud’s freeware is already exceptional but I’m keen to see what he does with it.

I highly recommend FS Birds Great Britain for enhancing both of the Real VFR mods, the breakwater at Plymouth becomes home to dozens of seagulls and they also flock the cliffs of Plymouth Sound and Bolt Head, adds a great deal to the atmosphere, and of the rest of the country of course.

I haven’t actually voted yet so I will now.

1. We Love VFR
  2. Orbx Great Britain Central & North
  3. FS Birds Great Britain
  4. Bijan Seasons
  5. Heinrich GAIST Ships

Just tried out mamudesigns Marinas as well. Has great potential so could climb into my top 5 for sure.

3 Likes

Thanks for that :wink:
I live in Plymouth so pretty pleased someone is focusing this kind of quality around these parts!

Nice heads up about St. Mary - that will be interesting. I often fly from there to Lundy via somewhere in Cornwall / Devon (a few hops sometimes to break up the journey), so I have all the addons from there to London pretty much always installed, then a bunch more further North that I activate sometimes.

Seem to have a conflict from somewhere though as I have doubled up lighthouses (but in slightly different positions) out between Lands End and Scilly but not sure what is adding the second one yet! It’s the Wolf Rock and Longships ones. Needs investigating :slight_smile:

Yeah I have GB and West Europe Birds bought through Marketplace, so that is also always active. Marinas is brilliant!!

1 Like

I expect your lighthouse doubling is coming from this add on

I had to uninstall it as it was clashing with a few objects from other sceneries, most significantly the other St Michael’s Mount model by MV46 which is much better. It clashed a couple of lighthouses as well.

Thanks I’ll try without that. I like Goonhilly though!! I spoke to both these devs and actually if you rename the quanghoster folder to something like a-quanghoster-xxxx (so mv46-xxx loads after it) then there should be an exclusion around St Michael’s Mount to only show the standalone (better) one.

But yeah clearly there are other issues so maybe best deleted. Hope Orbx do South GB soon!!

1 Like

Thanks. Yes the OrbX Iceland mesh is indeed free. Not sure about Xbox as I’m only playing on PC.

Great Britain South is my most desired add on at this point!

2 Likes

NZ and Alaska meshes are on xbox but not free. Not sure about Iceland, if it is on xbox then it’s certainly not free. The freeware category is almost empty, feels very much like a ticking the box exercise.

1 Like

Iceland is not available on Xbox

1 Like

Hi. For me its:

1. Simple Traffic
  2. Zinertek Enhanced Airport Graphics
  3. King Nothing Shorter Tree Height
  4. Global Ship Ai
  5. ICAO ATC MOD of CaptainRude here in the Forum

Thanks

1 Like

Hers is an update including the votes from this week. FS Realistic makes the biggest jump up. Good choice. I can’t fly without it now, personally.

3 new items added:

• King Nothing - Shorter Tree Height
  • Orbx - Iceland Mesh
  • CaptainRude - ICAO EU + UK ATC Phraseology

You can get a PDF if you prefer that, here:

Also the Google Sheet with links has been updated: MSFS World Enhancement Mods - Google Sheets

I’m impressed nothing seems to have broken (of my stuff) since SU10!!!

3 Likes

My first list…

1. rk Apps - FSRealistic
    The greater immersion with this is quite game/sim changing.

2. Rex - AccuSeason
    Was torn between this and Bijan’s 4 Seasons. Decided to go with AccuSeason as it’s cheaper and 4 Seasons seems a bit up in the air right now in terms of updates. Very happy with with added realism from AccuSeason.

3. Puffin Flight - We Love VFR
    I don’t do proper VFR but find these mods add so much more variation to the scenery. Amazing that it’s free too.

4. Rex - Real Global Airport Textures
    A great improvement to default airports. Makes them feel far less of a copy paste. The tire marks being a particular highlight for making an airport feel used.

5. Neostep - NeoFly
    A nice addon for when you want more gamified purpose in the sim. It’s great how much there is to it for a free app.

3 Likes

In no particular order, but they are all necessary for me:

FS Realistic
Bushtalk Radio
We Love VFR
Jumpseat Radio
G-Sim Kneeboard

Thank you for doing the work you do on this, always useful to find new things to tinker with and enjoy.

2 Likes

Thanks for the entries!

This looks cool :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh, it is to me. It can help create ambience of wherever you are flying for me.

But seriously, thank you for creating this thread and doing what you do with this. Has really opened my eyes to alot of things I’m not aware of or well read on.

2 Likes
  1. We Love VFR
  2. AccuSeason
  3. Global AI Ship Traffic
  4. Mamu Marinas
  5. Seafront Living World Vessels
3 Likes

I agree, great thread idea!

1 Like

Here’s the update for the week, with 2 new entries:

1. Jumpseat Radio
  2. Kneeboard

And if you want it as a PDF:

REX AccuSeason jumped up over Mamu Marinas and FS Realistic has taken quite a big step up but honestly I’m surprised it’s still not higher up. Once you’ve used it, most planes sound so empty and silent without it. Of course some of the premium planes do have great secondary sounds but I still think using FSR elements enhances the atmosphere especially on the ground (take-off / landing effects).

3 Likes

I like the sound of FSBirds! Does anyone know if they are always in the same place (ie around airfields) or if there is a good amount of randomness to sometimes encounter them cross-country? I am thinking of the UK pack specifically. Thanks !

Good question. For sure there is higher chance seeing them on coastal areas and they do seem to be in fixed locations on repeating loops but you do also definitely randomly find them inland too. But actually I’m not sure if those also are fixed locations and paths, just feels random because you rarely fly in the exact same route when you see them.

I assume it’s sort of randomly placed thing as I can’t see the developer placing every instance by hand lol

1 Like

Hmm on Simmarket I noticed there is a link to view the KML placement files so maybe they are hand placed! https://www.mediafire.com/file/l5l9mto7e3do24n/KML_Files_to_view_bird_locations_FS_Birds_British_Isles.zip/file

There is also mention of “random pigeon” flights though - not sure if this means actually random, or just random in that they are not at an airport :thinking: