Your TOP Airport Addons

The guy is from Russia. Probably a banking problem due to the sanctions.

Raglan has now come to the Marketplace, looks like. So no separate account registration with NZA needed to get the free version. Downside: it costs $US5. Well worth it though in my book, especially since the NZ world update. Now we just need a decent Hamilton airport to go with that city’s photogrammetry, for the short hop to Raglan.

2 Likes

Thanks for letting us know. I’ll take a look at it!
I don’t mind small charges for “otherwise freeware” if it makes the products more findable by users and can appear for our Xbox brethren too. I don’t see MS ever doing a real freeware section in the market tbh!

2 Likes

Get it for free :wink:

4 Likes

Good deal here for 3 iniBuilds airports:

Other topic: I admit I’ve neglected this thread somewhat. I have a bunch of new stuff I should add that’s really good. One day I’ll have time… maybe!

2 Likes

I already own all their airports, so I can only watch these great sales. But anyway, I bought most of them in their last Christmas sale, so I’m not so jealous :laughing:

1 Like

Thought I would try and resurrect this topic, as it has been a while since any posts and I’m sure there have been some nice releases that some of us may have missed. I’ve calmed down my spending on aircraft a bit as I have so many quality ones now, and not enough time to fly them so I am only getting the odd one that fits in the hangar now. On the other hand. I have been spending more on scenery! So here are some recent payware airports and strips that I really think are a cut-above.

2NC0 - Mountain Air Airport (by Pilot’s)
(also on Marketplace, a bit cheaper actually so I bought it in-game)

Really nicely done - great details, interesting location, undulating runway (but very long) and has some dynamic objects that appear and disappear each time you come back to make it feel “lived in” a bit more. Terrain around is sculpted and just a very rich and realistic one to arrive at.

El Nido (premium version, by Cli4d)

Donationware (pay what you want). This contains tons of helipads and some really charming detailing over a huge area of the Philippines. Top stuff for choppers!! This is the same chap that did the utterly amazing freeware Manilla Bay Enhancement Project.

https://discord.gg/dZ64jTgmcF

EGNX - East Midlands, England (by Pyreegue Dev Co)

Must be one of the best detailed airports I’ve seen yet. This guy really knows his stuff and is in a league almost on his own! I wish he would turn his hand to doing a backcountry / private / bush strip (pack) :smiley: I am on a mission to buy all his work including the older Ukrainian ones. All the ones I have so far are outstanding!

(All available in-game)

EGKB - Biggin Hill, England (by Pilot Plus)

Love this one for a historical and well placed airfield for my travels around the south of UK.

EGHO - Thruxton Aerodrome and Race Circuit (by Burning Blue Designs)

Similar to their Goodwood, a current racing circuit with cars going around. This is of the same high quality as all their products. They are all excellent. This one runs better than Goodwood which is pretty heavy on details but no less interesting! I could list all the BBD stuff but I won’t.

NZRA - Raglan, new Zealand (by NZA Simulations)

Very cute little grass field with campsite nearby. Somehow I paid for this on MS Market but I also have (already had?!) the free one from the NZA site linked below! Doh! At least is was only £4!

42HB - Hogsback Ranch (by //42)

Definitely one of the richest detailed and most “exclusive / sumptuous” scenarios. Fits well in a trio with 42ST and 42MG for some bush landing practice all nearby.

Sure I don’t even need to mention Niagara Falls and Victoria Falls by Jeppeson2001, which have some bush strips (at least Victoria does, not sure Niagara adds any normal runways) and TONS of helipads around (more in Victoria).

I want to pick up this next I think:

8 Likes

There are many great airports now. My favourites are not just great renditions of the airport but also enhance the surrounding area. Having interesting approaches is a major benefit as well.

There are some good airports with whole of island sceneries that fit the bill.

• Hamilton Island, Queensland Australia. Auscene YBHM

Beautiful all over, excellent interior, and the whole island looks fantastic. Very small airport but has regular scheduled flights with A320 and 737-800. Short runway so you need to stick the landing! My last effort was 570fpm so very hard (it was windy), but the last time I was in the area the 737 landed so hard there were gasps throughout the cabin.

Currently 25% off in the marketplace sale.

• Corfu Greece. FlyTampa LGKR.

Great enhancement to the island lots of extra detail, interesting RNAV and VOR approaches, runway at an offset angle.

https://www.flytampa.org/lgkr.html

4 Likes

I bought Hamilton Island the moment it hit the latest partner sale — though I didn’t have much confidence that it would perform well, given the increased detail over some of their other, relatively poorly performing airports (looking at you, Ballina!). But I have been very pleasantly surprised by the performance and stability on Xbox Series X. Yes, it will BS if you overdo the drone but I’ve yet to actually crash it and you can take off and land multiple times using a mixture of views, without any problems.

It’s expensive at full price but, now owning it, I can see why. With 25% off, I consider it an essential purchase for Xbox owners, even if (like me) they’re totally unfamiliar with the area.

I say, well done to AUScene for a fantastically optimised product! Another dev who appears to have solved the Xbox optimisation conundrum.

Re FlyTampa Corfu, another excellent scenery package but it doesn’t play nice with the PMDG 737 on Xbox. That said, I’ve not tried it since last week’s 737 update…

2 Likes

Today’s challenge:

See if you can find Borat Sagdiyev in this addon :slight_smile:

(Yes he is really there)

1 Like

LOL that’s epic! “Very nice” :armenia:

Wrong country flag :wink:

Should be this:

:kazakhstan:

Yea fair one but he speaks Armenian, not Khazak!

Apparently not. In the movie Borat no Kazakh language is heard in the film. Borat’s neighbours in Kazakhstan were portrayed by Romani people. Sacha Baron Cohen (Borat) commonly speaks Hebrew (due to his mother being Israeli and being fluent in the language) throughout the film, mixing with phrases of Polish. Romanian was spoken at the beginning of the film in the Romani town.

While Baron Cohen speaks Hebrew in the film, Ken Davitian (Azamat) does speak Armenian.

Wow, that’s some deep and insightful knowledge about the life and times of Borat & Friends there :slight_smile:
Or, Wikipedia? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Wikipedia and Google are everyone’s friends :slight_smile: :rofl:

3 Likes

Also picked this one up today with the 25% discount. Definitely a good one with ton of cool details.

Some great views like this…

Marred by some strange omissions like these...?

…but no regrets, nice area and this performs perfectly.

1 Like

Line of Hobie cats on the beach, just like IRL. Did you see any golf buggies driving around? It’s a car free island.

Unfortunately that news hasn’t reached Asobo :laughing:

Made a little video of it today:
Yep, plently of golf carts parked up everywhere! I am giving prizes to who can find the most “floating object” errors here :slight_smile:

Also, 2NC0 - Mountain Air circuit and flyover:
Love how they have things randomly appearing each time you come back - I keep seeing new things still! One more prize up for grabs here to spot the floating mistake… or is it?

This looks really nice but pretty steep price:

I think the price is fine given what it contains… Unfortunately I’ll skip because I don’t fly GA at all.