1.15.8.0 Stutters again!

I have the same problem. Stutters / freezes and isn’t flyable. Noticed this going from KBCT to KMIA today. Thought it was my rolling cache needing to be cleared or my internet being slow. I was thinking there’s no way they messed up the sim again with this hotfix… But seeing this thread corfirms they probably did. Disappointing.

1 Like

I feel a bit better after reading this thread, 'cos I got it too. Am trying to think pragmatically that it might ease tomorrow. Hope so, because yesterday was super. Fingers crossed, eh?

I noticed right now on a flight that the frame rates don’t drop anymore when pulling a window to the second monitor. Before, there would be a big drop. So, that would be actually good (if I could just get back the overall performance from before the patch). They must have changed here something. Today, I cut down on settings, installed an older driver (457.30) and I got some performance back (at ca. 30). Not as good as before, but it’s something and I can use the second monitor without fps drop for the first time. The sim runs smooth again except on the ground.

I must add my voice to the choir today as it sings the well known chorus of disappointment. Last night I flew the Spitfire for several hours round Bournemouth, the Isle of Wight, etc. A few micro stutters, but fine. As I shut the computer down, there was an update (Windows maybe?).

Today, same area, same aircraft, and stutters. Big pauses for several seconds also. And after a flight across the channel, a long pause at Alderney with my first CTD this year.

Disappointing.

1 Like

I tested KFXE to North Perry in florida 4 times now with rolling cach deleted / reset, with and without the hard rock guitar hotel mod installed and everytime you get directly west of 10R at KFLL heading south over the turnpike and I595 the stutters and freezing begin. Every time.

Flying out of London Towncenter for France, fairly new territory for me. Stutters, cockpit graphics flashing (looks like fail of at least one lighting pass), then CTD. Twice.

Switched to Pacific North West, home territory, smooth, no stutter, no draw issues, not CTD.

I noticed that something changed in regard to the use of 2 monitors. I always had framerate drops when I undocked and pulled a window over to the other monitor, fps would drop by half on both screens to about the fps I have now after the hotfix when using JUST ONE screen. So, they changed here something that affects my performance in a way as if I would use two monitors.

I just read elsewhere in the forum, that a fellow sufferer has had a much better experience today compared to yesterday. Anybody else seeing improvements? I must admit to wondering about this, but am not near my Pandoras box, or PC as some might fondly call it.

Yes, it does seem smoother today ! Strange. I agree that it still isn’t at that sweet spot.

That sounds promising. Thanks for that.

There is a problem when i have multiplayer on since the WU (stutters), but this only seems to happen when i am limited by the main thread.

So that may be the reason why some people have the problem and others not. A hotfix could make you feel like the situation has changed because of the hotfix when it didn’t. Other factors like multiplayer count or different weather could have caused the stutters to appear or go away.

This update (1.15.8.0) stutters. every few seconds there is a pause. sometime the pauses can be for quite a long time. it really takes the enjoyment out of the game.
To be clear. it only seems to happen when i’m in multi-player mode.
it didn’t matter what server i connected to, or what plane i was in, or what location on Earth i was at.
When other players load in, it stutters.

1 Like

Well, in my case, after a long journey, it turns out it was not the hotfix. The ATC in the menu was activated, but didn’t show. It’s a bug. It stayed activated (hidden) even after reloading the game and caused the fps drop. After clicking on the ATC again, fps are back on the main monitor. So, it was not the hotfix, just happened right before the update. Go figure…

Just coasting out over the Channel on a return trip to Ostend and all seems a World apart from yesterday. Looking good as I type, but watch this space.

Have gone over my settings yet again. This time i noticed multiplayer and AI traffic were on (although not seen any planes) turned them off and ran a quick test flight and whilst I probably need to check further it does seem much better again.

Edit: no after a longer look, it is still there. A bit improved but still worse than before!

1 Like

These issues are starting to really P me off. How is this not affecting everyone to the point an emergency patch is issued? Without switching off Multiplayer the game very quickly becomes a slideshow. I also play in VR and performance is terrible so I’m confident that even with MP off there are still massive issues going on bringing performance way down to what it was prior to the recent updates. I had a great experience before in and out of VR. Now i’m just getting so frustrated with it all I’m thinking of going back to X-Plane until it’s all fixed properly. Asobo need to up their game with testing because these kind of issues are gonna drive people away.

2 Likes

The sim is not stable…

My fps are the same, no dip, but I still get stutters/pauses…every 5 or 6 seconds apart since WU4.

Turning down options / off MP / off cache / clearing community folder etc. do not help. The stutter / pauses are there no matter what I do.

MSFS has done something wrong (terribly wrong) with WU4. They are ruining an otherwise good sim. They really need to make solid performance their main priority.

At this point, I don’t care about new scenery content…I just want the smooth performance back.

2 Likes

I’m playing fine in VR now that I’ve unistalled the Windows update KB5001330. Combined with the new driver 466.11,i seem to be getting the smoothest feel and best FPS so far, even better or as good as 457.30.

Multiplayer is fine as long as everyone is using stock planes and liveries, which is ridculous. this needs a hotfix asap

Same issue. 2080 ti, i9 9900K , 64 GB RAM, 400 MBits Wire

I found the tree draw distance mod 50-75 caused stutters for me. With the tree draw distance mod 40-55 my stuttering and freezing seem to have disappeared.

1 Like