100% reproducible CTD at specific coordinates for months [grammar.pggmod]

Still having CTDs in the same area. However, the “faulting module” is grammar.pggmod in the Packages\Official\OneStore\bf-pgg\PGG\grammar.pggmod. The file date is 12/22/2020. According to the pggmod_version_info.txt it was created by Blackshark.ai GmbH. This might have been an attempted fix.

Yes, error is still there, but the patch I posted in this thread is still working fine.

They should already have all necessary information from my numerous tickets (including the grammar.pggmod reference in the error log) to reproduce this bug and hopefully fix the root cause, but I also got no further information since November when they sad they would assign the issue to QA…

1 Like

Thank you for the update! I don’t know why this problem would be assigned to QA unless QA interfaces with Blackshark. I am concerned that the updated file from Blackshark delivered in December is “the fix”. I don’t know if for each bug fix in an update or patch release ZenDesk contacts the person who opened the problem with ZenDesk and have them verify “problem solved”.

Googling my crashes with the module grammar.pggmod made me stumble across this and the first time i had this pggmod-CTD, i was at the exact same postition. So i also can reproduce this. I also issued a Zendesk ticket and they always closed it after telling me i should upgrade my drivers and remove all mods. -.-

FYI: I had this crash again today and thought there would be another area which causes the crash but it seems that I passed this location in the map again when I see my latest position on the map:

short link to your post for better follwing:

and… what ?

Of course if you have installed mod, then it is kind of default answer.

Confirm that you can reproduce the issue without mod and reopen the Ticket and also mention within the description these forum-thread here ( and possible OP can post its ticket id )

2 Likes

Hi all!
This topic has been re-opened to help provide feedback to the exception error: grammar.pggmod that causes a CTD in certain AI areas of the globe.

When reporting here, please report first to Zendesk then here. Include the ICAO airport code or coordinates.

Thank you!

3 Likes

Zendesk ticket was raised and accepted as a bug as follows:

Request #105223 CTD at specific location coordinates - NINUK - 30°52’37.0"N 072°49’34.0"E

Support Tuesday at 20:05

Hi Khurram,

Thanks for bringing this matter to our attention.

This issue has been tracked in our internal bug tracker. Our QA team will review the information and try to reproduce the issue. Bugs and issues that have been successfully reproduced will be categorized and prioritized—game-breaking bugs will receive the highest priority, while middle-of-the-road and cosmetic bugs are prioritized based on reproduction and the number of times reported.

We’ll come back to you if we need more information or if we have troubleshooting steps to recommend.

Kind regards,
Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Team

Can refer to this thread for other related discussion. Try for yourselves - try to launch a flight from OPRQ and should CTD.

2 Likes

Just to confirm that Sim Update 4 does NOT fix this CTD I’m afraid. Still able to reliably reproduce the grammar.pggmod crash at the mentioned locations.

That rings a bell. Reducing building quality in graphics settings to Medium was a workaround for one particular area months back.

I think my original CTD location near EDLT has been fixed (since SU4?), just flew circles in that area without my patch and got no CTD, before it was a guaranteed CTD when entering that area.

1 Like

e.g. this one still exist

thus seems the main issue , somewhere within the impl, exist furthermore.

I’m having the same issue northwest of RPMR airport.

If anyone has some spare time, can you help check if you can replicate this CTD? Here are the replication steps:

1. Load into RPMR airport
  2. Slew/Fly on a 321 degree heading until you reach the hills on the left side
  3. CTD occurs at the end of the breadcrumb trail

Managed to take a screenshot a few seconds before the sim crashed. This gray untextured area seems like the culprit:

A single Minecraft tile. How strange! I don’t have my gear set up right now, but I’ll try taking the drone over that way.

I can see that tile from the airport.

I crashed just as the drone camera was probably a mile away from it.

Took the plane up just so I could get a trail also.

6° 9’ 34.97" N 125° 0’ 50.87" E

Much like Z’ha’dum, those who visit “malo basag tboli” never return.

Incidentally “malo basag” means “bad crack” in Filipino if Google Translate is to be trusted. Seems appropriate here.

And Tboli is presumably referring to the Tboli people of Southern Mindanao.

The crash is indeed one of the grammar.pggmod ones:

Fault bucket 1435457293547054447, type 5
Event Name: MoAppCrash
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.17.3.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
P2: praid:App
P3: 0.0.0.0
P4: 60c0b1e3
P5: grammar.pggmod
P6: 76.0.0.3
P7: 608bf361
P8: c0000005
P9: 00000000046e3f59
P10:
3 Likes

Sadly still with SU5 the problem exists.

Got hit with this while about to finish a two part journey, LRSB → OTIL (redirected to OTIZ) and OTIZ->VIDX, ~300 nm to VIDX when following a direct VFR route.

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.18.14.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: grammar.pggmod, version: 76.0.0.3, time stamp: 0x608bf361

Great topic… invalid handcrafted BPG ? texture coords don’t match texture file ? mesh got corrupted ? :cat:

There is indiginous people’s witchcraft in some locations of MSFS ? guess ? :grin:

1 Like

I got this months ago. Maybe it will be fixed in the Germany World Update.

1 Like

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
A32nx, tested without, same error
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
no
Brief description of the issue:

CTD over Pakistan, at the SAME place (3 flights tested from LFPO to WSSS using SIMBRIEF flight plan (in MCDU for A32NX or on the WORLD MAP for Asobo A320 basic test)

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Just flight , crash between JHANG and NITIV almost over M4 Motorway

Routing
BUBL9X BUBLI UG42 LUVAL UM164 EPL UN491 BEGAR N491 DEGES UN871 GAMSA N871 MADEB N606 ELMEM L607 GEDSO DCT MAGAM DCT ETIDA/K0856F370 Q7 IVGOT L744 UDROS/N0464F370 UM859 KARDE UN644 ROLIN N644 LAGAS M747 SULEL N449 DUKAN B449 DOLOS B475 NINOP A909 LEMOD/N0463F390 N644 DI M875 KAKID M770 OBMOG L515 PUT B579 VPL W531 VIH A464 ARAMA LELI3B

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Store one
Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
not for now

I had the same issue just now and that’s why I logged in to the forums to see progresses on ongoing CTD, temperature issue with live weather etc. - great coincidence , I was on my way to Delhi Airport (VIDP) and if I recall correctly I was on the way to IGINO IGIN5F for ILS approach RWY 11.

I did have Self Loading Cargo (with custom sound packs) and also MSFS Mobile Companion App however none of these have caused CTD for me before.

My first inflight CTD after a very long time at cruise level - no error messages, just crashed.

1 Like