100% reproducible CTD at specific coordinates for months [grammar.pggmod]

Autogen quality?

Let us know :slight_smile: I would like one day to continue my World Tour passing by this airspace :smiley:

OK, these are steps I completed and now I do not have the CTD any more. This proves that something in the files is corrupt and causing issues.

The possible offending files are:
C:\Users<user>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\fs-base-cgl\CGL\123\vec120.cgl

and/or

C:\Users<user>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\fs-base-cgl\CGL\123\dem120.cgl

I took a backup of these two files, then copied vec130.cgl and dem130.cgl (important as other locations may have different scenery types and I ended up getting water all over the place instead of ground textures), from the path
C:\Users<user>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\fs-base-cgl\CGL\122 NOTE - different file path

BUT saved them as vec120.cgl and dem120.cgl (have to rename)

Then voila! As if by magic, all started working. Even can open OPRQ without CTD and fly south of OPLA without issue. Terrain textures look a tiny bit off - BUT working. My guess is the Bing data or mesh data is corrupt in the file(s) and will need Asobo to correct it.

Please let me know your mileage! I’m happy once again, and SU7 looks so much better now.

I got to this assumption using Process Explorer and noticed the cgl files being accessed directly before a CTD. Narrowed things down and looks to be good now.

Would love to hear how you go.

4 Likes

nope…looks like bad mesh or Bing data

1 Like

Too bad I’ve wasted so many hours now moving all my mods and trying to fly from OPFA, before trying to check if this problem known here…

7 crashes in a row, same place every time (NINUK - second nav point after taking off from OPFA).

Tried my workaround?

For some reason I don’t even have Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe directory in my packages folder at all.

Steam users have the packages installed in a different folder. Default may be %AppData%\Microsoft Flight Simulator or this one which you choose while installation.

Desktop MSFS:

Crashing in flight to KLAX:

Is this consistent with what everyone else is seeing so that I do not start a new thread.

===========================================================================
Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: grammar.pggmod, version: 76.0.0.3, time stamp: 0x608bf361
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000004739018
Faulting process id: 0x21ac
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7f21ca64cdd1b
Faulting application path: C:\Program
Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.21.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: \?\C:\Users\wayne\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\bf-pgg\PGG\grammar.pggmod
Report Id: bc1ebcf8-0a0a-4e9b-a7a9-d433c3bd57b3
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.21.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Normal flight take off from MKJP flying to KLAX … just CTB after about 3 hours of flight, stable flight at FL380 , no issues no stuttering, just BOOM … out.

Drivers: updated
Windows updated.
MSFS Updated.

Any ideas … i saw threads about renaming files but so many conversations out there , I am quite confused what to try.

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: grammar.pggmod, version: 76.0.0.3, time stamp: 0x608bf361
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000004739018
Faulting process id: 0x21ac
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7f21ca64cdd1b
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.21.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: \?\C:\Users\wayne\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\bf-pgg\PGG\grammar.pggmod
Report Id: bc1ebcf8-0a0a-4e9b-a7a9-d433c3bd57b3
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.21.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

HAG is disabled in Windows. DOES any known workaround works that is available while we await a fix. Game is unplayable if I believe it will CTD after a few hours of flight. I usually do long hauls. Any link would be appreciated

having the same issue with the CTD associated with the mod. Can you point me to your work around to see if it works for my setup.

But this only applies to the OPLA/OPFA area. You might need to check which files are in use if your area is different, using Process Explorer - not so easy, but you can work it out. Let me know if you need a hand.

with me I have about Pakistan also the problem that the Sim CTD makes exactly at this position:
Latitude = 30.830642
Longitude = 73.016691

at 42000 ft

what exactly do I have to downgrade that runs without to CTD Autogen ?? how Heist that exactly in the Sim

thx
superflo5c

please try this for the Pakistan area

Good day … any one know if there has been any update on the CTDs. I noticed that NiVdia has updated their driver. I pretty much stopped playing the sim as I cannot afford to fly 3 hours just for it to CTD. Its a big waste.

Thanks. For those who use NVidia have been getting CTDs here is solution that worked for me. Without changing anything in my Sim or on my PC, I downgraded the nVidia Game Ready Drivers to 496.13 Release Date 10/12/2021 and all CTDs stopped. Prior to this I was getting CTD on EVERY TRIP within a hour of getting close to Houston or anywhere near (MKJP-> KLAS). Hope its works for you and its available on the Nvidia Site posted by someone here (THANKS SO MUCH). 100% resolved thus far. I think I will hold off any NVidia Game ready updates for now. Do a MANUAL DRIVER SEARCH here : Download The Latest Official GeForce Drivers and choose it from teh list here : Geforce Driver Results | NVIDIA

Just happened to me. Exact same location!

Happened to me over Pakistan - JHANG (A466 and M875) - WSSS to EGLL. Twice… Building were set to low as per other posts.

You should get the co-ordinates and create a Zendesk support ticket.
There are other known scenery fault areas in the sim.

1 Like

Can you identify a radius of Issue, and hence determine the center point … as was done a few months ago, with a similar issue near KADW ?