20 fps on 3440x1440 ultra 5900x 6800xt

Ill check it out, have not bothered to check nvidia posts, since i thought they were not relevant to my problem.

Thnx, ill check back if i figure something out

If it’s GPU it’ll be drivers and or settings play around with it.

Reinstalled adrenalin and tried playing with all the settings i could find… still no joy…

For now, ill keep my terrain LOD at 10… atleast then i get 50-60fps… the terrain is sad to look at, but what more can one do

Thank you very much for trying to help and your information Seth :slight_smile: Really appreciate the on point communication

1 Like

Well given that a lot of us did run our systems on ultra when the game was released, and had perfectly acceptable frame rates, with no lod popping and no stutters, it’s not unreasonable to expect that our systems should be able to run that same setting after the updates.

Now we are stuck with a game that has had its graphics reduced to a fraction of what it wss when released, stuttering through the roof and framerates that are comparable to FS95 on an IBM386.

I know for a fact my system hasn’t changed at all since this game was released. It ran amazingly originally. Now it’s a steaming pile of ■■■■. The only thing that has changed is the quality of work and level of incompetence at Asobo.

1 Like

I share your frustration, however, bashing at devs and calling them incompetent gets you nowhere. Im sure they are doing the best they can with what they got. and seeing what they have created/are creating in terms of this sim, i would call them pretty darn competent and talented. saying anything else is just ignorant and short sighted in my view :smiley:

2 Likes

There’s no point in blowing smoke up their backsides when they are clearly doing something wrong. Repeatedly.

Certainly not going to pat them on the back after their last few performances! They released something amazing originally. Now they have boffed it completely.

1 Like

LNTJF… just asking… Install “Coretemp” and see if your ryzen processor is boosting…
Installed Ryzen master? set Gaming mode on

Newest Motherboard drivers installed? check your current powerplan to put it on High performance mode…

maybe you have an old GPU laying around, install it and see if the problem stays the same.

Maybe, just maybe, your FPS is locked?

1 Like

Something is not right, my specs

i9900 OC at 4.9
128 RAM at 2300 (cause OC crashes my PC)
2080TI
Native 2560*1080 (HDR off) - LG UltraGear wide with G-Sync
All in ULTRA with Multiplayer
Grab the C172 G1000 on SABE custom airfield (mid complex)
Lots of community Mods, including WorkingTitle garmin

Result: 62 FPS with heavy clouds in 2D (100 TA) and 41 FPS in VR G2 Reverb (100/80)

No magic beyond this , so I dont know why people have some many different experiences.

2 Likes

Your system is Intel-Nvidia, he’s on all AMD…

1 Like

Asus 6800 XT or AMD 6800 XT ?

1 Like

He’s having an AMD Radeon RX 6800XT in a variant made by Asus…

https://www.amd.com/en/products/graphics/amd-radeon-rx-6800-xt

Hi, I saw a post with similar problems on a higher end system, i.e., great performance on many games but struggling with MSFS. The OP eventually solved the problem and it was related to a setting on his ASUS motherboard (just trial and error to find this setting).

To the OP: maybe read over this and see if your MOBO has this setting and if it helps. The post I linked below from just the past few days had a very strong hardware setup (somewhat similar to yours) and the user was getting like 10-15 FPS in MSFS yet his GPU/CPU were very strong and he had tried many of the things you try above with no luck until he turned off a feature on this MOBO that was related to multi-threading (I think). Good luck and it’s frustrating as hell to spend so much time trouble shooting an expensive system.

1 Like

Master is installed, boosting to 5050mhz, high performance power mode is enabled. i have a 1080ti lying around, but my current card uses a 240mm radiator in push pull… cant be bothered to try to reallign the fan screws when mounting again :stuck_out_tongue: but i remember my 1080ti doing better in msfs than my new card… but thats only in this game. my fps is locked to 100hz… wich is the max of my monitor… turning it off, produces GPU coil whine, wich is out of the question to sit next to for longer sessions in other games. but i have tried to disable it… makes zero difference…

had working title g1000, 3000 + the tbm mod before the new update… great addons :slight_smile: glad to hear your fps is good

ASUS STRIX 6800XT LC OC. wonder why this msg wont post

Well… i hope youll find the problem.. Don't give up, in about a few months youll be smiling when the long awaited DX12 patch will come out…

1 Like

Great find, ill look into it when i get home :slight_smile:

I know i will :slight_smile: ill have the honeycomb alpha and bravo by that time :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Its deffinately frustrating and time consuming, MSFS seems to be the evil twin to ‘‘Star Citizen’’, another example of an update, an it all goes down the sh*tter. Anyways, the 3 things that make a big difference to me, and i’m a ‘3090/3600x/32GB’ user, is to remember to:

1. Empty my COMMUNITY folder before an update.
  2. Clear both cashes prior to update.
  3. Use manual cache in the area’s i mainly fly in.

I hope either I don’t have this issue, or they find the cause and fix it before next week. I have my new 5800x sitting here now and my new 6800XT Black Edition will be here next week, along with a new X570 Strix motherboard. I currently am running a 2700x with a Vega 64 GPU in 2K on a 32" monitor with a mixture of high and ultra settings with no slowdowns or stutters. I will not be impressed IF new system gets worse.

1 Like