20 minutes to load home screen!

I can say I am a bit disappointed, had to wait it for 20 minutes just to load the welcome screen !!!
I do not want to be pessimistic, but as I started packing new addons from the MSFS store or the community, the loading time is becoming longer and longer!!.
I am having nightmares!! what will happen once PMDG or FSLAB come MSFS?!!

1 Like

Are you using a HD or SSD?

Is it just this game? Or others as well?

i have the same problem on m.2 1,5 GB/s. My startup time is now 33 minutes, without addons in community folder i have 3 minutes startup.

Tero
Should we file a report

1 Like

Man, that’s not good. They need to make it only load the add-ons that are needed, after you set up the flight and hit “Fly”. This is dumb design.

Wow that’s ridiculous.

Sounds like you have a corrupt file somewhere. I would reinstall each add-on one by one and see if it helps.

1 Like

So you added things into the sim to be loaded at startup, and now you have to wait longer for it to load…

May be a good indication that some of the addons aren’t very optimized, but either way: The more the program needs to load at start, the longer it is going to take to load.

Take a look at this post for some observations:

hm, just as an observation from my side: with around 15 addons in my community folder it takes around 1.5 minutes to get to the main menu.

ssd, 9900k, 32gig, 100mbit/s wan on my side.

1 Like

I have 110 add-ons, some of which are large livery packages, and it only takes me a few minutes to reach the main menu (SSD 650M/s, i7-9700k, 64GB RAM).

2 Likes

welp, the mega liveries pack #8 is on my end, too. i did count it as one (1), tho, haha.

1 Like

I counted it as one per aircraft but I still have a lot of scenery and single livery add-ons as well.

1 Like

ya, me too. but i’ve never waited for more than just a minute or two to get this game fired up. at the most !

there are strange things going on !

1 Like

@aprodigyyy I know, right?

@WheezierMaple8 @SweetestCorn719 I think you each have either:

a) Corrupt file or
b) A problem with your main disk
c) A process/program thatvis locking access to the file (such as antivirus software)

1 Like

I recently moved the sim to HD higher storage from SSD , However I had slight delay for 5 minutes only.

five minutes are still a heck of a long time…

Brand new PC just for the MSFS.
1TB SSd , TB HD,i7 10k, RTX 2080 ti and 64 GB RAM.
I am guilty though of downloading every known community addons :upside_down_face:

SSD or HDD?
And how much RAM do you use?

did the same. didn’t change much on my end, tho. they are all the cosmetic kind of addons, however.

I know, but 20 minutes wait is excessively long. I have only 59 GB of community addons only!!!