4 Season Pack - Multi Season - Available on PC and Xbox [Archive 1]

Oof. You know an installation process is poorly designed when an experienced dev is having issues.

1 Like

After doing few tests, it seems like LOD has been reduced (at least in my case) instead of being increased as they claimed.
I truly hope they forgot to include that part in the update as someone claimed and will send a hotfix for it.

2 Likes

Have you tested it without your LOD fix i assume?
Otherwise it could be that your LOD-Fix isnt working as intended anymore?

Just a tought, i still have to test it first myself tho.

They’ve made the trees blend in better so they no longer pop in it seems. Draw distance seems the same to me but it no longer draws to full density at range.

Just my observations.

There is something odd happening with your mod however. Using the summer season I flew around NZ and all the trees outside of the populated areas no longer draw. No issue with Fall season.

It turned out that New Zealand / Australia and a couple of other biome definitions were only set to display on artificial surfaces. I changed it as per the Fall season and it all worked fine again.

I think this was a bug that had crept in earlier, and had nothing to do with the update.

Thank you for catching that. This has been fixed in the upcoming update V4.4

1 Like

I am doing some more tests and workaround to see if anything can be improved.

8 Likes

Update 4.4:

1. Middle-east (UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Yemen, Kuwait, Iraq, Jordan, Bahrain)
  2. California Mountains update.
  3. Catalina Island update.
  4. Canary Islands updates.
  5. Balearic Island update.
  6. Bathurst Island, Australia update.
  7. Added missing trees in part of Alaska
  8. Added more evergreen trees to cities in Australian cities (Fall season)

Enhanced LOD no longer works via season mods. Asobo mentioned they will have an updated tree settings to go beyond ultra settings in the next updates.

It’s best to set Terrain LOD to 200 and trees to Ultra in settings. If you have a very powerful PC, you can maximize tree LOD by editing config file and set LOD anywhere from 200 to 500. Of course this will reduce your FPS so only do this with a very powerful PC.

I find LOD 300 to 500 gives me the best balance of performance and tree LOD distance in rural areas and 250 to 300 in cities.

LOD 500:

Catalina Island:

1 Like

I have a version “Single_Seasons_Bijan_V4.41.zip” in my Simmarket account. Is this the most recent one?

Unfortunately, Simmarket doesn’t find me worth any notice on updates for this and other software.

2 Likes

It would be nice if you could spend some time updating regions in SE Asia. I’ve been waiting a long time.

In the meantime, I have spotted what I think is an error - it might be your mod causing it (I’m using just the Summer Single Season in my Community Folder). Strange, giant oversized Coconut Palms.

Here’s a few examples:

I’m seeing this in Thailand, Indonesia… pretty much wherever Coconut Palms are present, but not sure if it’s your mod doing this or something at Asobo’s end.

Also finding odd repeating tree texture ‘walls’ most apparent when on the ground. They disappear and change textures from various angles.

I’m using the summer season.
This was captured in NZ (around the top of the South Island) but I saw it happen in the Netherlands too so probably some issue with a tree definition.

1 Like

Yes that’s the one.
Customers have to enable notifications here: https://secure.simmarket.com/account_newsletter.php

1 Like

I’ll look into it shortly.

I did an update on Asia awhile ago. Which part exactly so I can look into it and include it in next week’s update?

Yes, those tall palms are intentional. I added tall palm trees in various parts in one of the previous updates. They are in many areas:

1 Like

I am seeing these too. Specifically in Aus.

Although havent flown many other places since I’ve updated the trees & I don’t recall seeing the issue when flyling around the new world update, in the alps.

Thank you so much, this was indeed deactivated. Never knew about that checkbox, and I’ve been a Simmarket customer for 10…15…? years.

1 Like

Looks like we have the right tree height but way oversized leaves. The real world ones got very small heads compared to their size. These are not big palm trees but regular sized palm trees with very tall stems. In the pictures you’ve posted it looks like they have even smaller leaves than the usual palm trees. :wink:

Unfortunately there is no way to just increase the trunk without effecting the top.
So the vote is to remove them? :slight_smile:

If you ask me - keep them. It adds to the variety in the sim. Maybe you’ll find a way in the future. :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m happy for them to stay too.

4 Likes

Fixed.
Will post an update today V4.42

Edit: V4.42 available now.

3 Likes