4 Season Pack - Multi Season - Available on PC and Xbox [Archive 1]

I’ll check on it and update it. You can download the new updated file in couple of hours.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification. This makes perfect sense and I understand why this is happening. However, it’s not correct to have deciduous trees solely in towns and conifers solely outside of towns and in city parks.

Do you think you can do something about it? Because I like look of the deciduous trees. The problem is their placement. You have little villages with 4 houses surrounded by deciduous trees and then right next to it (outside of the village) dark conifers. And this pattern is clearly recognizable across the region.

PS: I’ve noticed some forest have the wrong tree type. I will try to send you a map with the tree types. This is, however, unrelated to the above-mentioned issue.

Let me explain how trees placement works. There are two areas:
1- Trees outside cities or rural areas.
2- Tree in cities: called “artificial Surfaces”

I have no control over placements on these. The program places these (which looks correct). Sometimes trees outside cities can run thorough part of cities (which is exactly what is happening in your city. There might be empty green areas within cities and those areas get filled with trees from #1 (outside city trees)

If you look at the google satellite image I posted, you will see dark green areas running thorough the city… The program don’t consider those “tree in cities” areas. It’s actually very smart since that’s how it’s suppose to be based in satellite image.

I did add more deciduous trees outside. here is what it looks like now. I will post a screenshot shortly.

Marked in red the trees from outside city running thorough city: (I cannot control where that happens)

Slovakia Forest

2 Likes

Thanks for the thorough explanation and for looking into this. I’ve just flown around the region to see what’s wrong/odd and it seems to be that the problem lies in the conifers which are not that much present around the region. You do have some, but they are in the minority.

Let’s take the forests around the Danube river for example. It’s true that on the satellite image, the trees look pretty dark which would imply conifers. But in reality, you’ll find willow/poplar/ash/elm/oak trees there. Have a look at some images here.

I don’t know how detailed you can control the types of trees in a region but here is a map of forest types in Slovakia:

Note: The translation of the first type “softwood alluvial forests, hardwood alluvial forests” is actually “willow-poplar forests, ash-elm-oak forests”.

I’d love to know to what extent the map can be implemented into your scenery pack. Thanks!

That’s a pretty detailed map. I wish I had that kind of detail to work with but unfortunately asobo is working with this map:
https://ecoregions2017.appspot.com/
Which is much less detail. If I change anything in the one of the green colors that covers your area, it will be applied to all of the green that covers [pretty much the whole country.

Since you claim conifers are minority, I can reduce them and the problem will be solved.

4 Likes

Congratulations! Seeing that you update very often, how do you see updating to Marketplace? Will it be as quickly or will you have to deal with a delay of weeks after you submit each update? just curious. Looking forward to getting this.

1 Like

Perfect! The map you’ve just sent makes perfect sense. As you can see, there are two ecoregions:

1. Pannonian mixed forests
  2. Carpathian montane forests

2 are conifers, just as it’s described in the biome. 1 are mostly deciduous trees and it’s also the region around LZIB.

Wikipedia describes the flora of 1 as follows:
The plant communities include mixed oak-hornbeam forests, mixed pedunculate and sessile oak forests, and other mixed forests as well as sub-Mediterranean thermophilous bitter oak forests, azonal floodplain vegetation, and lowland to montane herb-grass steppes.

I know that 1) is a pretty big region and you will find some conifers, but it’s mostly deciduous trees.
Hope this helps.

1 Like

Great. Will be updated soon.

3 Likes

Thank you… Weeks of delay for updating??? hmm, that doesn’t sound good. I have to find out more about this.

1 Like

Thanks for your hands on approach!

2 Likes

:slight_smile: I just know that Flying Iron Simulations said it would take 4-7 weeks to initially get their Spitfire into Marketplace. I have no idea what to expect after something is available. And I’ve been following your work for awhile now and your really on top of it, so was just curious.

3 Likes

I’ll keep simmarket for regular updates.

4 Likes

Cool, I just have spare money in my account. I’ll eventually get this either way.

I have a request. Can you share some before and after shots of the middle east and south east asia region ?

Thanks

ive seen your answer above to the grass question, what iam understanding is that currently it is not possible to change grass LOD to a higher value because right now grass rendering is nonexistent unless your on the ground. I think pushing grass rendering up to 1 NM from the aircraft will increase immersion and also mask the low resolution imagery that gets blurrier the closer you get to the ground .

Tehran, Iran (before)

Tehran, Iran (after)

Temple Mount, Israel: Before:

Temple Mount, Israel: After:

Real photo:

Dubai: real photo:

Dubai: before:

Dubai: After:

Many photos and videos from South Asia in the main video on top of the page.

7 Likes

Alright im buying it !! This addon is just too good.

5 Likes

Was sceptical first about your addon if it is worth the money, but after getting it I saw it brings a lot more life and variation to the flora, making the sim more enjoyable.

Its sad to see how less detail asobo puts into the biome map, there is a lot better data available for many countries, we should encourage them to update their biome mappings in their WU series too. I think the biomes are not dependend on altitude at the moment at all, which should be a thing too.

One die-hard example would be Tenerife (Canary Islands) where you can find 5-6 highly different biomes dependend on altitude and their position (north or south side of the island).

I would even split the Pines into two biomes as the north side pines are a lot bigger and more dense, and are covered by moss and lichen. But this would be just the final goal, there is still a lot of possible improvement that could be done by asobo before you reach this level of detail. One could only dream :joy:

3 Likes

I am unable to open “Bijan_Seasons_V4.64.zip” I just downloaded from simMarket. Microsoft Defender blocks it due to “Trojan:Win32/Spursint.F!cl”. Anybody else with this problem?

Message to all, who want special treatment for their personal region:

I think, Bijan does all he can do. I never met an author of a mod before, who gives such a perfect service and update policy.

But it will be impossible to make the trees of every little village exactly how they are in reality, even if the mod will be priced 10 times higher.

15 Likes