4 Season Pack - Multi Season - Available on PC and Xbox [Archive 1]

I don’t sleep much either because I stay up playing video games and binge watching shows :frowning: :slight_smile: Your mod just keeps getting better and better and I keep checking my email to let me know to download the update so I can see how much more amazing everything looks :smiley: Wait a minute…
The update today will also have multiple ecosystems in the same area?! You, sir, are a madman and a genius :smiley:

2 Likes

@bijanstudio I was wondering, are you also releasing a trailer for the new update as well that shows off what’s included? Version 5.0 sounds like it’s going to be a pretty big update that would warrant a proper trailer in my opinion :wink:

1 Like

Thank you. :slight_smile:
Yes, Only few areas are added. More will be added daily and updates will be weekly.
Yes a new trailer come too for version 5.

2 Likes

Summary of update V.5.00

Update 5.00 - Multi Season for Spring/Fall
Multi Season for Spring/Fall (Spring in northern hemisphere and Fall in southern hemisphere and tropics in equator. (only spring/fall is done so far. Summer/Winter will be done by May 2021)

Please see this map to see where seasons are located: https://i.imgur.com/0O3VRjH.jpg
in Spring/fall mod.

New features:

• New method of adding unlimited ecosystems in a single area.
    As an example, even each street in a city can have different sets of trees or different colors.
    Example: https://i.imgur.com/rmeG3I6.png or this: https://i.imgur.com/nO9mZQV.png

• Multi ecosystems are being added to all regions in the world and updates will be available weekly.
    Colorful flower fields in Amsterdam, Netherland (by the airport). (more will be added)

• Cherry blossom clusters added in the following cities:
    Chicago, Saint Louise, Washington, New York, Paris, Vienna, London, Amsterdam, Berlin, Hamburg, Zurich, Milano. (more cities will be added)
    (These are mostly placed around downtowns or rivers crossing cities or around lakes in cities or near famous landmarks.)

• Cluster of Fall trees added in Sydney, Cape Town. (more will be added)

• Added cluster of flowers in Valley of Flowers National Park in India.
    (GPS: 30.728925363121213, 79.60534591574365)

• Few flower fields of colorful crop of Rape Seed added in Thurbly, UK (more will be added)

Fixes:
Fixed Gustavia (trimmed some tall trees that blocked view from landing)
Caribbean shrublands - changed from tropical to dry shrubs land.
Only half of Madagascar island should have palm trees. Other half is not tropical.

16 Likes

Do we need put spring & fall both in the community folder now to take advantage of the multi season?

No. It’s just one folder called Spring_Fall_Season_Bijan_V5.00

It doesn’t jump from one folder to another to see fall. It’s all in same folder. You can take a long flight from north hemisphere where it is spring and many hours later, after you cross tropics and palm trees in Equator, you will see fall colors in southern hemisphere.

7 Likes

This is insane. You a magician irl mate ? Jk :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Amazing job. I hope you can expand your expertise to other needed areas of sim aswell in the near future.

2 Likes

Same; it was the palm trees that persuaded me to buy. Initially I was sceptical about buying something that was just tweaking text files, but I can’t remember any mod that has had this many improvements so quickly.

Excellent work Bijan, and yes, to bed with you! (After you upload to Simmarket:))

4 Likes

It seems like the confusion has started already. It might be a bit clearer / make more sense if you were to re-name “Spring_Fall” as “February to April” or similar.

Ta.

1 Like

Or he could just keep it the way he has it? It’s pretty straightforward to me, honestly, and I’m sure to many others. No need to overcomplicate things as I’m very sure he knows what he’s doing. What you’re suggesting could delay the update all because you want a name change. He already has the files set to the way they’re supposed to be.

1 Like

I don’t see how this can be confusing. That would cause issues in next years spring.

When summer comes, users can switch to summer and so on for other seasons. Changing seasons to months make it confusing.

2 Likes

Hi Bijan,

Love your Season Pack ,it really makes a huge difference ingame.
Looking forward to the Dutch tulip fields you create in my homeland :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Glad to hear that. Thank you. :slight_smile:

Update should be available shortly as they are uploaded to simmarket. As soon as it gets approved, notifications will be sent.

4 Likes

Is a trailer going to be added as well? I’m just super excited for this update and I know so many of us are as well, you included :smiley:

No new trailer yet. That takes a while… taking videos, video editing, music, more editing…
Maybe by end of next week.

2 Likes

Bijan’s work bringing a facsimile of more or less authentic-looking vegetation (especially the all-important palm trees in tropical regions) completely transformed my immersion in MSFS 2020’s virtual world. The only other addon that comes to mind with a similar transformative effect - to date - is Global AI Ship Traffic MSFS V1 by Henrik Nielsen (freeware).

IMO, having just these two addons plugged into the base sim elevates the entire experience (on a visual level) by a significant factor.

6 Likes

Now all we need is for someone to fix the mountains in game because so many of them are too round instead of craggy/sharp/rocky etc. and don’t even look like themselves :confused: A good example is how bad the mountains look in the Torres del Paine National Park in Chile and also the famous karst hills in Guilin and Yangshuo, China. If someone could fix the mountains in game that would make things 100x better. A lot of cities need fixing as well, but what can you do? China looks especially atrocious in game sadly. I flew over quite a few cities in China yesterday and they look really bad.

2 Likes

4 SEASON PACK V5.00 arrived on simMarket :grinning:

1 Like

But I can’t download it. It still shows me Bijan_Seasons_V4.64.zip as download. I bought the four seasons pack.

I didn’t get an email notifying me the update was available and I only found out because @Kimball7 announced it.