40% of users experiencing CTDs

Its is easily proven. Fact the game has over 2 million users. Fact very few are on this forum. The majority of users don’t have the issue. The few vocal users in this forum the issue is on their side. .to ect.

3 Likes

Most people simply restart the game after it crashes or play something else. Complaining about a CTD takes effort, signing up to a forum to complain about a CTD or file a bug report even more.

Assuming that the other 2 million people not on this site never experience a CTD is a fallacy.

3 Likes

And yet here you are. Your facts are not facts. 100% I have 100’s of hours with add on’s. I have alot. No crashes lol Sim is a joy to play.

And yet the poll runs contrary to your assertion. The majority voted that they do not experience CTDs. How do you explain this?

If anything this shows that the users who ARE experiencing CTDs are under reporting.

I’m not really sure what you are getting at with this question but yes, absolutely.

and PS5 titles

https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/1354599864567435266?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

But that doesn’t really have anything to do with this game?

Okay. There is first fact. Try to flight around that zone without CTD. Remove all mods or whatever. KADW - Andrews - CTD Analysis by Community contributions

I was also a regular CTD before…
My solution is that the third-party MOD is not installed… and all plug-in software is also uninstalled.
Finally delete all previous usage record caches…
Simply put, it is to restore the most original state of the game itself.
After that, the CTD problem did not occur.
Of course, CTD problems sometimes occur after major updates, even without any third-party MOD status.
So I can only remove the game and clean up all the files and data, and then re-download and install the latest version of the game.
As a result, the game will return to normal and CTD problems will no longer occur…
However, as long as the SU6 version is installed with a third-party MOD, it will be stuck in an infinite loading state for the first time after booting.
Forcibly close the game and then restart it to return to normal.
The game will be normal until you turn on the computer next time
This is my experience of the problem that occurred… for your reference.

Not causing with Mods. I played with Wow 10 years every day with my friends, and never seen CTD with wow, as and all other my friends.

1 Like

I’m a huge proponent of an in-sim bug reporting tool. In fact, I asked a Twitch Developer Q&A question about it a few months ago. (The answer I was told was that we must take one step at a time.)
That being said, they actually do have crash reports and they use those to reproduce and fix bugs. They have alluded to them several times in their Q&As.

And the biggest problem of this game is that the end user is not able to diagnose it and get a sane answer from the logs, what exactly caused the crash. And I wrote about this from the very release, but things are still there. Only Asobo developers can say what is the cause of CTD, but we all know perfectly well how responsive they are.

1 Like

That dead horse is dead and buried. Nit picking. Its a big world . Great joy and many many hours of going see see see!. It is a not factor .

Skyrim has sold what, 30 million copies? Mods cause that game to crash quite easily, usually because the mod is poorly made or conflicts with another mod. I didn’t play WoW with mods, but I mean, come on, it’s not hard to Google such things and see that obviously mods have been the cause of crashes before in that game. That’s one of the risks you take installing mods, and why most game developers do not offer support to users with mods installed. But again, I don’t really see what that has to do with MSFS.

Everything in this world is a factor. To play with such a large world, you shouldn’t have any places where the game crashes or something else is going on. Critical crashes are not allowed for the final product. ESPECIALLY one year after release. That is why I say, for people flying from point A to point B, nothing will be visible. There are people who are vegetables, there are those who are exploring the world. I showed you an illustrative example of a game crashing not due to third-party modifications. And there is more than one such place. And this is a fact. All that you put me in opposition is just an attempt to get off topic.

2 Likes

Why. Could you plz explain your logic?

If you can’t see it by now his words will be wasted.

Sorry for picking your statement as an example but that, Sir, is a very common logical fallacy, often uttered with lots of…umm… confidence and that tends to cause a lot of frustration and completely useless exchanges.

The truth ™ is that bugs often depend on a number of conditions to show up, and these conditions can be machine-dependent, component-dependent, depending on individual program settings or a combination of those and they have to be identified before you can judge where the root cause is located or not located. That you don’t have encountered the issue can just mean that these conditions haven’t been met on your computer…yet, while the bug can still be in the program in question – or somewhere else, because that fallacy also works the other way around.

In order to identify these conditions and potentially improve the situation for everyone, it would be very helpful to have a climate in which people are animated to investigate the issue and get help with rounding up useful information about it, instead of getting rather hostile sounding replies, usually based on (or perceived as justified by) aforementioned logical fallacy and consecutive assumptions about the condition or add-on count on the reporting user’s computer. For some reason, flightsim forums suffer a lot from that, which literally adds insult to injury instead of helping the product in question to improve.

2 Likes

Can you get a list together of all the “many” places in the world that CTD happen? Then I can confirm the veracity of your opinion.

Ouch. Not very kind sir.
By the way. I’m one of those 60%, and I didn’t even vote! What does that prove? That it’s actually 61%?

3 Likes

Note the use of the word “probably”. I didn’t say that everyone finding the poll on reddit has a CTD, just that those finding it are more likley to have CTDs on average than the general “population”. In other words 40% is likely quite “toppy”

This may help explain the concept:

EDIT: and this too:

• Self-selection bias (see also Non-response bias), which is possible whenever the group of people being studied has any form of control over whether to participate (as current standards of human-subject research ethics require for many real-time and some longitudinal forms of study). Participants’ decision to participate may be correlated with traits that affect the study, making the participants a non-representative sample. For example, people who have strong opinions or substantial knowledge may be more willing to spend time answering a survey than those who do not. Another example is online and phone-in polls, which are biased samples because the respondents are self-selected. Those individuals who are highly motivated to respond, typically individuals who have strong opinions, are overrepresented, and individuals that are indifferent or apathetic are less likely to respond. This often leads to a polarization of responses with extreme perspectives being given a disproportionate weight in the summary. As a result, these types of polls are regarded as unscientific.

Ask yourself this - if you came across the poll and had CTDs that you were frustrated with and having problems with, do you think you would be more or less likely to respond to the poll AT ALL than someone who comes across the poll but has no CTDs at all? The answer must be that you would be more likely to respond in the belief that doing so might help to raise awareness of your issues and hence lead to some imrpoved chance of resolution. You therefore have an incentive to respond (at least you may believe you do) and hence the sample is inherently biased through self selection as well as biased through general sampling (the poll is on reddit and hence only reddit users are sampled and also the poll is more likely to be found by people on reddit searching for articles and posts on CTDs).

Statistically, this poll is so flawed that no store can be set in the results whatsoever, other than to confirm what we all know - some people get CTDs, and that number is non zero

7 Likes

Locational CTDs are avoidable and that means if it’s repeatable you can simply plan your route elsewhere. Mod related CTDs are avoidable too, they are a little harder to diagnose but they can be if you just include what you need for your trip. Non avoidable hardware based CTD’s and major bugs must have priority, it really is that simple.

2 Likes