40% of users experiencing CTDs

Yeah I think he’s a bit prone to not backing up his words … mind you, aren’t we all.

2 Likes

What files are those? I’d like to be able to fly in and out of KDCA again!

As for the OP, 40% is a joke. We’re all running the same code, which means the overwhelming majority of MSFS users are not having CTD issues, at least not inexplicable ones to that degree. Those who do, for the most part, are having issues problems caused on their side of the wire that brings Internet into our homes. Reddit is a negative place where barely-adults gather to whine and moan without moderation, and on top of that it’s a self-selected user poll. It has no bearing on real life.

2 Likes

Thanks, yes, my Bad !! SU7. ( I welcome corrections, or how else would I know when I am wrong :+1: )

I’ve read through this post and I occasionally get a ctd but not that often. I saw in this post where someone would get a ctd anytime they took off from KCGS. I went to this airport and sure enough, in about 2 minutes I had a ctd.

1 Like

Well, you’re married. I’m sure the wife lets you know daily that you’re wrong. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Complain to your country court to block this forum in your country.

I remember shortly after initial release Microsoft and Asobo created a poll asking users what they thought of the default avionics. Low and behold, Working Title were recruited to make a G1000/3000/5000 that didn’t make people’s eyes bleed. Look what we have today and what is promised for the future. If people didn’t complain about problems we would be in a very different situation.

1 Like

Wrong. You may have 0 addons from flightsim.to and anyway have CTD. did you hear about any CTD causing by WoW addons?

• If game cant work with addons - problem with game.
  • If game have more than 30% CTD of users - problem with game
  • If game have CORE bugs causing CTD - problem with game

this game have A LOT problem, you may or may not agree, but it is a fact. There is only one question left. When will it be fixed and whether it will be fixed at all.

3 Likes

Plz explain your question. Don’t you believe that at least 60% has no ctd’s?

But my answer was really a bit tongue in cheek. Sorry if the irony wasn’t clear enough.

I always have to laugh a bit when I see these kind of ‘statistics’ that prove nothing :grinning:

I can confirm there’s a problem there, CTD as soon as I tried spawning to ramp 18 in a 172.

1 Like

Its is easily proven. Fact the game has over 2 million users. Fact very few are on this forum. The majority of users don’t have the issue. The few vocal users in this forum the issue is on their side. .to ect.

3 Likes

Most people simply restart the game after it crashes or play something else. Complaining about a CTD takes effort, signing up to a forum to complain about a CTD or file a bug report even more.

Assuming that the other 2 million people not on this site never experience a CTD is a fallacy.

3 Likes

And yet here you are. Your facts are not facts. 100% I have 100’s of hours with add on’s. I have alot. No crashes lol Sim is a joy to play.

And yet the poll runs contrary to your assertion. The majority voted that they do not experience CTDs. How do you explain this?

If anything this shows that the users who ARE experiencing CTDs are under reporting.

I’m not really sure what you are getting at with this question but yes, absolutely.

and PS5 titles

https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/1354599864567435266?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

But that doesn’t really have anything to do with this game?

Okay. There is first fact. Try to flight around that zone without CTD. Remove all mods or whatever. KADW - Andrews - CTD Analysis by Community contributions

I was also a regular CTD before…
My solution is that the third-party MOD is not installed… and all plug-in software is also uninstalled.
Finally delete all previous usage record caches…
Simply put, it is to restore the most original state of the game itself.
After that, the CTD problem did not occur.
Of course, CTD problems sometimes occur after major updates, even without any third-party MOD status.
So I can only remove the game and clean up all the files and data, and then re-download and install the latest version of the game.
As a result, the game will return to normal and CTD problems will no longer occur…
However, as long as the SU6 version is installed with a third-party MOD, it will be stuck in an infinite loading state for the first time after booting.
Forcibly close the game and then restart it to return to normal.
The game will be normal until you turn on the computer next time
This is my experience of the problem that occurred… for your reference.

Not causing with Mods. I played with Wow 10 years every day with my friends, and never seen CTD with wow, as and all other my friends.

1 Like

I’m a huge proponent of an in-sim bug reporting tool. In fact, I asked a Twitch Developer Q&A question about it a few months ago. (The answer I was told was that we must take one step at a time.)
That being said, they actually do have crash reports and they use those to reproduce and fix bugs. They have alluded to them several times in their Q&As.

And the biggest problem of this game is that the end user is not able to diagnose it and get a sane answer from the logs, what exactly caused the crash. And I wrote about this from the very release, but things are still there. Only Asobo developers can say what is the cause of CTD, but we all know perfectly well how responsive they are.

1 Like