4090 + DLAA + Frame Generation = WOW

If you are sure you have HAGS & DX12 on, then you have the same UI bug that many of us have. I also have a 4090 and my option is greyed out. The solution was discovered in the beta that you need to adjust the user config file. To do this, locate the file at C:\Users\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\UserCfg

When you edit this file in notepad, you’ll see a line that reads “DLSSG 0”. Change the 0 to a 1, save the file and you’re all good. The line will still be greyed out, but it’ll show that frame generation is on. The bug has already been logged so no need to report it again, but this is the work around. Enjoy!

4090 with i9 13900k and next frame generation… amazing…LOD 300,4K 43 " Monitor 90-100 fps ultra settings… no stuttering !!!this is what we want…

5 Likes

great to see the simulation is optimised for those with the best pcs how surprising :joy:

Yeah now we don’t need any cpu optimisation anymore​:smile::eyes:

Hi I also have the 4090 can I ask what’s better to use TAA plus frame generation or DLSS3 no generation or DLSS3 with frame regeneration just when I turn on the dlss3 on the Fenix it’s slightly blurry on the cockpit displays.

TAA gives much better image quality and can be combined with frame generation. That’s the option I use. IMO DLSS is not really necessary with the 4090.

2 Likes

Appreciate the reply thanks

1 Like

did you think that you could play such a complex simulation with an average computer? Good morning - get up…

2 Likes

Exactly how it should be and ever was in the history of flight simulation.

such a complex simulation play nice on xbox and same at average pc. just with not such a complex scenery as can handle more powerful pc… same was with fs9 same was with fsx/p3d… probably with xp, and same situation with msfs… every overpriced pc we got, aren’t for msfs play good, but for msfs can play good with maximum possible scenery/settings and even with that with adequate resolution, that’s why i even don’t think about vr, one of cause btw. first is not enough resolution handle with high-end for see everything in real life size + real life fov. second not eye “gyroscopic” system, as i call this function from future. where you can move your head in all vectors and intensive, but if your eyes looks forward picture will still at same position… and i don’t think before 2026 or even 2030 vr with both that features eye gyro+ 6090-8090 nvidia for works with real size world+fov with good enough resolution and fps… actually msfs is most democratic world flight simulator with infinity potential for every pc class on the market. so same as we happy with 4090@13900k people can be same happy with 4060@13400 or same speed from old generations… or even with much worst. i saw very good results in youtube with 3700x@1600gtx… so for today generation in the any way there absolutely no necessary to got high-end pc for this simulator. question as always and as mention before in the settings/scenery addons optimization and things like that

I flew with a low end system before my current setup (4090, i9 13900K). and I can tell you that it feels horrible… stuttering… low fps and looks horrible due to the reduced LOD. if i can only enjoy the simulation as it is now with a high end setting, then i’m willing to pay for it… i can’t expect if i buy a cheap car that it drives like a mercedes… but Ultimately, everyone has to decide for themselves… :wink:

1 Like

i know what you talking about, because i did play crysis/crysis warhead first time with 15-35 fps. because i love max settings. i don’t know what system you had before, but as i said i seen on youtube really weak system smooth video, and that was not saved game video, but native saved from play. just compromised settings and weak scenery. i think you know it, there not all time was stuttering and low fps. right? and for sure i talking about balanced system. from low to high if resolution of monitor will more than can handle video card yes that’s will problem, same as problem will high settings. in the system everything must be from same league… every single stuff. and at the top of the pyramid - video resolution/vertical frequency and relevant fps

1 Like

Does anyone have a problem with CTD when frame generation 8s enabled? I HAVE TO START THE SIM 3 OR 4 TIMES BEFORE IT ACTUALLY LOADS AND IT FRREZES AND OR CRASHES IF I TURN ANY DIALS IN THE COCKPIT

Nope. Havent had a single crash with my 4090

Yeep!! Call me crazy, but I love the sim so much that I’ve invested on highest hardware possible to run it as best as possible. I know there is still room for the sim to be better optimized, but I just couldn’t wait months and years for that day to come.

So I went ahead and upgraded to a 4090 and 7950x.

With native TAA I can finally enjoy a consistent 60+ smooth fps on Ultra settings and fenix A320.

But even better, I’m having the dream performance on frame generation TAA+Ultra 4K settings+300 TLOD and getting 100+ fps.

It’s amazing right now.

Hi!

I m using the 4090 with 13900.
For using the G2 in VR i want reduce the FPS to 45.
Using OPXR with MR for me ist the best to play.

I dont w t to use the OPXRTK. So i cant reduce to 45 in this menu.
What ist the best way ? In the 3D Nvidea Settings ?

Thx !

Greets

Mike

Cool! How is it on takeoff and landing at busy airports? Is the frame rate consistent, without drops? Any sign of extra input lag?

Nahhh. Not a single stutter or lag. The only thing I still notice(MSFS still needs to improve) is that on flights over 4 hours you loose a few frames. But just a few.

For example, I might start with 113 fps and after 4 hour flight I will arrive at my destination with 85-90 fps. Not too bad. But again, even though I loose those few fps, it’s still silky smooth with no stutters at all. Flights under 4 hours, there’s hardly any difference.

2 Likes

Nice! That’s a good sign.

I wonder what my issue is…i have the 4090 and when i enable the frame generation it CTD’s…what are your settings? I have tried in safe mode as well as a complete reinstall and still it crashed 9 out of 10ntimes i start the sim. When it does work and not crash the sim is amazing smooth until i turn a knob in any aircraft 3rd party or original.I would like to try anything you can think of at this point.