4090 + DLAA + Frame Generation = WOW

Wow and im CTD when frame generation gets enabled with or without overclock

Hmm, it sounds like you might have something in the community folder that is causing the CTD.

Do this, empty out or move your stuff from community folder and leave it empty.

Then delete everything inside the ā€œScenery indexesā€ folder which is located in

App/Local/Packages/Flightsimfolder/localcache/sceneryindexes. Delete what is inside sceneryindexes(Not the folder itself).

Then, load into the sim and reset graphics settings to default and save and exit sim. Then load back into sim again and change your graphics settings to how you want them and change back to DX12. Then restart sim again and turn on frame generation and test to see if you still get a CTD.

If all goes well, start adding back into community folder one by one until you find the culprit.

Hope this helps.

It seems the vsync or fps limitter is not working when frame generation DLSS3 enabled,

Is there any way to have vsync or fps limiter on?

Thanksā€¦ Iā€™m trying that now and all it does is freeze with the music playing in the background. If i disable frame generation I can fly for a year without issue. I have tried dlss so taa with frame generation I get the same results either it CTD or freezes with the music continuously playing in the background ground. Could it be from ammulti monitor setup, Iā€™m running a 10900kf and msi 4090 and 64gb ram at 3200ā€¦I canā€™t figure out why it doesnt like frame generation for meā€¦with a base game (no community folder add-ons) same result with or without any overclocking to cpu/gpu.I have no issues with any other game at max settings 4kā€¦thanks

Silly question. Do you have vsync ā€œoffā€ in game and ā€œonā€ in the MSFS nvidia control panel?

Cheers
PACO572

with other monitor same white flashes with dx12ā€¦ donā€™t know itā€™s some special models(textures) give that, or something else, but only with dx12, that was on 2080ti@mx34vq, same on 4090@aw3423dwā€¦ both cases with variable vertical frequency only(constant donā€™t give the problem). first was g-sync compatible, second - g-sync ultimateā€¦ one different - second case without flickeringā€¦ system completely different tooā€¦ so problem somewhere inside dx12 implementation, probably depend not only some special incompatible textures, but dlssā€¦ i remember first aircraft when i seen that white flash was p-40 couple a month ago, and i think there was time when i start use dx12+dlss su10 out time, i guessā€¦ so, this is not constant problem but if it start itā€™s continue all the flight

1 Like

I have it in in game

Should have it on in NVCP, so itā€™s forced and off in-game.

1 Like

Do you get cpu limited at all? I have a 4090 coming and currently have 3090 and I am cpu limited quite a lot of the time and the gpu isnā€™t really working that hard.

How do you get this?? I have a 3090 and 4090 on its way. But I get around 30fps on the ground at klax with fsltl running! Completely cpu limited! Very frustrating and worried that the 4090 wonā€™t change much

something doesnā€™t fit with youā€¦ I have dlsss 3 with next frame generation on. LOD on 200 ā€¦ all on ultra. 43.inch 4K. I arrive at very large airports at 70 fps with the Fenix ā€‹ā€‹and FSTL. FSTL must not have too much traffic. so reduce that a bit. and to prevent stuttering, turn off the rolling cacheā€¦ in flight i have 120 fpsā€¦because my monitor has 120 hz

1 Like

If you have 30fps with 3090 you 'll have visually minimum 60fps with DLSS 3 (fps x 2) and possibly much more due to better raw power, even with CPU limitation at 30 (internally). At least youā€™ll be able to raise even more your graphical settings keeping 60fps.

1 Like

Iā€™m experiencing the same thing as well with my setup (4090 / 5800x)! Shimmering or flickering especially on aircraft displays (F-35 / H145) when panning the camera with Frame generation on. Iā€™ll notice it at night amongst an area with a lot of lights as well. No issues with Frame generation off.

Initially I had major tearing issues with my 4090 and was able to fix it in the NVCP with locked frame rates 3 below my monitor Max. Vsync on or off seemed to make no difference. Video card / system drivers / bios are up to date. Dell doesnā€™t offer bios updates for monitors (non avail).

Iā€™ll keep messing with my setup to get it to work, but were you able to fix / mitigate this issue?

Its a shame, because with Frame generation on definitely getting 70fps running triple displays at 2k.

Need to bookmark this.

Using more than 100 render scale with Frame generation gives me subtle shimmering/flickering when panning the camera. I use DX12 and TAA with Frame generation with no issues. (Exept Bloomā€¦ Just tried to enable ā€œBloomā€ again, but it still gives white flashing with DX12).
I see no need to use quality DLSS that gives blurry image and displays, with an RTX 4090.

3 Likes

I have a RTX 4080 and 13600K with 32 GB DDR5-6000MHz and Kingston KC3000 2 TB M.2 NVme
Stable version of FBW

Everything on ULTRA!!! and Frame Generation ON

7950x & 4090 here.

Frame gen doesnt make such a difference for me, and DX11 runs the sim better.

1 Like

Too bad we canā€™t use DX11 with Frame Generation. I have the occasional ground texture bleed that is caused by DX12. Other then that I am happy with the performance.

1 Like

I wrote a little starting guide to get a nice experience with frame generation in MSFS, so I repost it here:

If you got problems with tearing (panning the camera) itā€™s probably because your framerate is not synced to your monitor. Got the same problem from the beginning, until I realized my freesync monitor is also compatible with g-sync. Now it runs perfect on my RTX4080 without artifacts and stutters.

Important steps:

1. Activate G-Sync or Freesync (If you can choose: standard speed works for most) on your screen
  2. Activate G-Sync in Nvidia Control Panel (G-Sync setup) and tick the boxes 1. (Full Screen) and 3.
  3. Activate Monitor technology - G-Sync compatibility (3D-Settings)
  4. Activate V-Sync (3D-Settings)
  5. Activate Low Latency Mode - Ultra (3D-Settings)
    (This also works as a Frame Rate Limiter, since it caps FPS slightly unter max. screen refresh rate to avoid stutters caused by inconsistent frame timings, no need for the ā€œoldschoolā€ frame limiter 2-3fps below max. refresh rate)
  6. Turn your screen off and on
  7. Activate Frame Generation and turn off V-Sync and Low latency mode in MSFS
  8. Enjoy

You can also test everything with the Nvidia Pendulum Demo, available here: Download NVIDIA Tech Demos

Iā€™ve got stable 59FPS (60hz 4K screen) with Fenix A320 on a busy int. airport, with ultra settings. Without FG Iā€™ve got non-stable 30-40fps with the same settings, CPU limited of cause.
Frame generation is pretty awesome.
Ryzen 7 5800X + RTX4080 OC

3 Likes