40th Anniversary Edition Airports

TNCM is good to have back, my only gripe is AI traffic can’t take off, instead sitting on the runway.

I believe he means that the nav data is there, so if you use Little Nav Map, for example, you will see the ILS approach feathers and tune frequencies.

2 Likes

So what happened to Meigs Field? It is under the Water.

It looks as if you may have some Chicago cityscape add on installed as well… This may be conflicting with the Meigs Field and “submerging” it…

1 Like

Yes i do, that must be the Problem. Thanks

I am using the new Kai Tak airport in SU11 in combination with SamScene3D Hong Kong City Times which seems OK. Although there is no nav option for the Kai Tak IGS 13 approach in the sim you can create it manually because the KL localiser works and the CH, Golf, and SL waypoints are available in the sim. So I put those in with the correct altitudes and use VNAV until passing SL and lined up with KL, then switch from GPS to ILS mode with VS to set the descent rate once the localiser is captured, then APP mode when the GS is captured, and finally go manual as soon as the chequer board is in sight. Gets interesting!

Runway 13 IGS Frequency 111.90 heading 088

Runway 31 ILS Frequency 109.90

You can find charts here:
VHHX Kai Tak – IVAO East Asia Region

3 Likes

You probably accidentally set your date to the year 2122, and it’s for real by then.

1 Like

It’s easy enough for somebody to create a mod that adds people to the beach…

Any other requests for additions to the GAYA version?

2 Likes

Yes its the chicago landmarks pack that causes this, the dev is aware and is looking into it

1 Like

I am missing possibility to cold and dark start on heliports :slight_smile:

Try this, but read the comments section first to see what I had to go through to make it work: St Marteen TCNM enhancement and compatibility mod for Microsoft TNCM » Microsoft Flight Simulator

There appears to be some “debate” as to whether the mod works with the marketplace version of AWD TNCM, with one comment saying that it won’t work and another suggesting an alternative location to put one of the files.

Do you know if it will work with the marketplace version or not, please?

Is there any word of being able to remove the new Airports on Xbox? Are Asobo even aware? Surely something that could get rectified by christmas. I’m still getting CTD and I wonder if this is the cause.

1 Like

I have no idea. I never buy from the marketplace.

It was the first and last marketplace addon I’ve bought, but I’ll just give it a try and see if I can figure it out for myself.

Cheers

If you read and fully understood what I wrote about that addon you could potentially figure out a similar solution for the marketplace version.

1 Like

Where is this ??

While it’s awesome to see Meigs and Kai Tak added to the game for nostalgia - I have a major issue with them now being part of the standard photogammetry scenery.

These airports no longer exist and the landscape has changed completely so now instead of flying in ‘todays’ virtual world (or at least when the photogammetry was taken) we now have this hybrid world of new and old.

These airports and their surrounding scenery should only exist when either selecting an historical challenge or specifically selecting them from the World Screen main menu.

5 Likes

Remove them in the content manager to restore the current landscape.

No. I have DD Chicago Landmarks with the free Meigs and its fine:

It must be something else.