787-10 AAU2 Improvements- thank you so much!

A huge THANK YOU to the Working Title team for the outstanding work on the 787. Incredible! And a big thanks to Microsoft for turning them loose on the 787 and 747; excellent “targets” for the investment in time and effort.

I’m so into the 787 that I haven’t even checked out the 747 yet :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

What improvements

Update is not until June, are you a beta tester for working title?

The beta was released to the public earlier today.
Regards

1 Like

Sorry for the confusion!

I opted-in to the MSFS beta program a while back and it’s ongoing unless you opt-out. There was an update earlier today for AAU2. I posted this in the AAU2 Update Beta section so I didn’t think to include those details.

2 Likes

I’m still on MSFS beta. I’ll check it out today. Thanks for the heads up

2 Likes

You’re welcome!

1 Like

Do I need to get rid of the heavy division 787 mod for it to function fully and correctly? I forgot to remove it prior to updating

Did you get autoland to work (Rollout and Flare modes) ? I tested it here at 2 airports with ILS CATIII but it didn’t work… it’s the same as before…very hard landing

Yes, it could interfere. No need for the heavy division when you join this beta. Could lead to issues.

1 Like

You’re right. I got rid of it and now all is good. Did they add Top of Descent pause option? If so where is it located?

Goodness the 787 sounds so powerful now!! Amazing

5 Likes

I’m really enjoying exploring the updated 787 and it’s pretty much VATSIM friendly now.

Surprised not to see more posts about AAU 2 so far, as it seems pretty quiet. It’s possible there’s less people in the betas now or the happier scenario of not many bugs to find.

1 Like

I had a ridiculously busy day. I barely had time to take a poke at the 787’s and 747’s changes beyond powering them up and taking a peek at a few of the systems.

I’m really excited by what I saw and I can’t wait to get both of them out of the gate and into the air.

I have flown both of them extensively in their original implementations and these upgrades are just fantastic to see.

Hopefully tomorrow I can have some focused time with them.

3 Likes

Yes, I’m really excited to see them get the attention they deserve. Fantastic development.

I flew both of the originals a bit, but even with the Salty and Heavy Division mods, they lacked the system depth I was hoping for. Make no mistake though… I really appreciate the improvements those mods brought to both aircraft! They took it as far as they could and I’m very thankful for their efforts.

3 Likes

How does the 787 in this AAU2 compare to the Quality Wings 787 for P3D? A comparison would be awesome, if somebody here has flown the Quality Wings 787 for P3D before.

1 Like

I doubt it will upset the update process, so just remove the addon to use the WT version.

1 Like

I haven’t flown any of the Quality Wings products, nor P3D… a double miss.

1 Like

Agreed, these huge sounding improvements to original aircraft are a very nice surprise!

With this 787 and the discount on the excellent ATR we have had some good bonuses as premium-edition purchasers in the last few weeks :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Fms and avionics in general, yeah u can expect something close , in beta ones in QW787 are still better

When it comes to systems the QW is definitely better and currently WT are not planning to reach that level of complexity so im afraid it won’t be an alternative to the dead QW787 project

2 Likes