7950x3d Benchmarks for MSFS 2020

■■■■ expo, your going to have to hit your mobo’s bios reset button and go in one stick again

Well, after long wait on 2nd try with 1 stick, it posted and went to:

Bios Safe Mode screen.

I set Expo off and 1.4 on the 2 you mentioned. Loaded windows fine. Shut down to add other stick and same again — back to the long beep and 2 short beeps :frowning:

Took a stick out and it booted very fast this time but with no ‘success post’ beep this time. All so random!

What is the next best brand I could order and try that will still give me good infinity fabric performance and work well with the 7950X3D? Maybe I should try that even though this should blooming work! Grrrr.

Thanks a lot for your help though. Any more ideas? :wink:

Darn bro. Gimme a few mins, just getting supper on and I’ll be back. You/re very welcome.

1 Like

If the dominator kits aren’t on the qvl for your board i’d stick with the brand you know is posting. Am I correct you are using a Kingston kit currently? If so, stick with that brand. I’ll have a look at kits in a couple mins

This is the QVL list of XMP / EXPO

(but only the G.Skill is actually Expo rated – and those 2 brands I never heard of):

My current is Kingston Fury Renegade Silver

(but 4 x 16gb. Part Number: KF560C32RSAK2-64), which is NOT actually on the QVL list as 64!

but is as 32!

(and it’s XMP only, which is meant for Intel?!).

Someone said they had a great result with Dominator Platinum RGB but I will need to find the post again to see the exact code and speed, and if it was 64gb to see if it is on the QVL list. It seems that item is only 5600 rated also.

EDIT: I think this was it, but it’s strange the official website does not show 2x32 kit even being available, but the code is similar:

But really, I think this is step back (36, 38 OR EVEN 40 CL instead of 32 or 30!)- I need EXPO as that is what they say it works best with… might as well stick with 32gb Fury and forget the whole ramdrive and any better performance. I still did not try enabling PBO etc so maybe that will sort me out!

EDIT 2: found the post: 7950x3d and rtx4090 - not getting expected performance - #390 by citation66

It’s this but only 2x16gb CL36: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B0BFNBJ8J4?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

1 Like

The 2x32 kit i got wasn’t on my mobo’s qvl, same the 2x16 was. But it also states that it is a guidline to what would work and that all memory kits not present

EDIT: Get the dominators. If they work in his board and not your identical board… That mobo is faulty. Seeing another user has them working is confirmation. A CL32 kit will 99.999% work at cl30

Yeah but I also seen people with this exact Mobo and CPU with the G.Skill working, so :person_shrugging:

But yeah good point about it not all being on the list - they can’t test everything.

This one looks interesting though - EXPO 6000 CL30 and Hynix. But only 32gb!

Do you know what it means about the iCue software to enable the high speeds? Don’t like the sound of that!

1 Like

If you don’t have plans to jump to 128GB, I ran my last rig with 4x16 Samsung bdie gskills for a few years no hitches. That Kit has great timings to start

The CL30 is not on the list, CL40 of same code is. I know we said not all are there but that is a big jump?

On Amazon with 1 one star review lol

EDIT: Also that description says Intel Optimised. Man this is confusing.

But I was told numerous times there is no way you can run full speed on all 4 slots. Has to be just 2 slots max or the memory controller can’t handle it? I do not have plan to go to 128 definitely not. Having second thoughts about 64 now tbh! Didn’t think it could be this much trouble in this day and age :smiley:

It most certainly can handle it. What it would have trouble doing is OC’ing to a higher frequency, and possibly taking timings very tight. But you can always bump the voltage. My 4 channel experience goes back to my last rig before that too, and before that. They ran always at stock stated voltages with stated speeds and timings. And I heard the same thing for years. But, have these people run 4 channels?

Sorry I didnt see that kit is an intel one.
This is my last build

1 Like

Nice. Looks quite similar to my setup actually heheh.

Another idea. Get G.Skill but 2x 16 kit. Forget doing 64 ever. Enable PBO and push the 32 as much as possible. Could maybe squeeze a 4gb RAMdisk on it anyway?

But for now how about I leave the 1 32 stick in and set expo AND PBO on for the first time. And SMT / SVT off. See how it runs? Is 1 x32 better than 2 x16’s for performance?

1 Like

No, then you will be limiting the ability of the memory, I believe its quad channel now. That would set it to dual channel with one stick. The other kit would be faster with 2 sticks.

32GB is plenty enough for MSFS. There is another user in this channel getting great results and high lods. I know, you want to get the ramdisk going :slight_smile:

So, put my Fury back in (but only 2 x 16 so I can run 6000 coz the most I can do stable otherwise is 5200 / 5400), reset Bios again (not CMOS but Load Default Optimised) and try PBO? I feel a bit safer now I put 1415 on.

1 Like

Yes sir!!! That would be the right choice :point_up: :point_up: :point_up:

1 Like

Okey dokey - let’s try. Gonna test over the scenery that was TERRIBAD last time for some reason (wasn’t even that heavy - Frankfurt) and New York is a good measure. Let’s see what goes wrong THIS time :smiley:

1 Like

Ohhh no!!! I hope this all gets sorted for you asap. I know its been a while you’ve been dealing with it.

1 Like

Also, What about a cheap ssd to cache on? samsung 870 evo 1 tb, or even a 500GB or another brand thats cheaper. I know the smaller you go, the shorter its life will be. 250 you might kill in a year from caching

Yeah solid idea. :+1: 1tb are cheap these days. That could be the answer! Will forever have a nagging doubt in my head though as to why the heck this isn’t working as it should. Gonna call the shop again tomorrow and see what they say.

1 Like

I still think that mobo is bad. That’s my personal opinion. I could very well be wrong, and don’t want you to harbour doubts because of it. It is working. and the kingston kit does work as stated. Calling again might not be a bad idea. 1 faulty kit is unlucky. 2 in a row is getting hit with lightning. But, people also do get hit by lightning. And I’ve seen people get 2 bad mobo’s etc in a row on newegg reviews

1 Like