A-10a

Yes, MScenery is a joke rip-off developer. I bought their F-18 and it is so garbage I uninstalled it and made sure to leave a bad review on simmarket.

1 Like

Iā€™m not buying anything from the Marketplace any more. Iā€™m also highly sceptical about getting anything from SimMarket as it seems their quality control is virtually non-existent. Orbx seem the opposite - completely reliable and trustworthy. Just Flight is good. Other than that I will wait for reviews of individual aircraft - Iā€™ve been burned too many times already.

10 Likes

Thatā€™s exactly right - Orbx and JustFlight stuff is curated. Marketplace and SimMarket are the same in that they donā€™t have quality control.

6 Likes

It is GARBAGE!!! Just wrote a post

But in all seriousness, itā€™s a business and something has to pay for continued development, infrastructure, Microsoft stock holders, etc. etc.

You just hope people do their research before purchasing, vote with your wallet.

2 Likes

Highly detailed model? Good joke and the reviewers did not waste time!

1 Like

Thatā€™s unfortunately correct. IRIS is also one of these developers.

If you want to fly combat Aircraft stick to DCS.

4 Likes

No way. Except if you stay head down and you canā€™t see the (extremely limited) low quality scenery.

13 posts were merged into an existing topic: IRIS Jabiru J160/J170 Discussion Thread

Folks - please stay on topic. The last dozen posts were completely OT, so we had to move them. Thanks.

Well well this A-10 yesā€¦
I have watched YouTube videos about that plane today afternoonā€¦

Here my review:

FS2004 A century of Flight users who got bored of the available stock planes finally get an A-10. Even if itĀ“s not as good as the FS2004 stock planes it is still a must-have - but beware only a GeForce4 MX with 128MB VRAM or a Vodoo5 6000 graphics card will be able to render all it`s details in full glory.

I would highly recommend buying it and pay without hesitation 89ā‚¬ for this DLC! :smiley:

cant find a mscenery cockpit screenshot for comparison

3 Likes

No the cockpit does not look like this :smiley: I have seen that new A-10 in a video and it has absolutely zero detail, not even the bolts on the cockpit glass frame are there, and the instruments look almost stock.

I had an awesome Aerosoft A-10 in the old FS2004 days which I bought on CD ROM, and I can assure you it was way better than the newest Hog release :wink:

What a glorious PC game shelf that was having the PSS Phoenix 777 and the Warthog back in these days with thick handbooksā€¦

my screenshot was the a10cii over syria map

This new A-10c II is also on my wishlist.
Awesome plane but not a high priority because I primary fly the DCS for the feeling of speed and ā€œriding a rocketā€, and only the Viper can truly give this feeling.
But the A-10 is of course an awesome and iconic plane.

Spoke to a guy who owns this MScenery A-10ā€¦ I donā€™t have it to provide screenshots, but apparently most instruments including altimeter and airspeed indicator are INOP in the cockpit of this thing and the gear retracts/extends only sometimes with no rhyme or reason as to why. This is on par with the other MScenery aircraft. They mostly have non-working instruments and have constant issues with gear and flaps not working.

1 Like

Why Microsoft did accepted that on the Store? For a commission? Cā€™mon. This thing canā€™t sell much. Itā€™s a disservice to MSFS. MS should have a standard bare minimum quality to accept a product.

5 Likes

No fighter released msfs will compare to DCS ones.

3 Likes

Sorry, but this just isnā€™t true.

3 Likes