A lack of respect for the client

So why do Asobo in just about every SU show that they have fixed CTD bugs???

And right now acknowledge that several of the latest Nvidia drivers may cause CTDs?

Just because you haven’t had a CTD doesn’t mean that others don’t and quite a few of those are to blame on MSFS.

3 Likes

Q.E.D.

[10 chars]

How is a problematic nVidia driver Microsobo’s fault?
I’m really trying to understand this line of thinking.

The only issue I have with Microsobo regarding the drivers is that I was basically forced to update from 531.29, which was the most stable nVidia driver I’ve used with this sim.

Since these drivers work well in every other application and game. Only MSFS that has CTDs with these. So yeah that is a MSFS problem. Time and time again.
I never ever over the past 35 years of computer use had so many problems as with MSFS.
Worst application ever!

2 Likes

From the nVidia forum:

• Title of game(s) showing a problem: Half-life 2 Episode Two and Age of Wonders: Planetfall
    Description of issue (eg. steps to reproduce issue/GeForce NOW SERVER LOCATION connected to from the Settings): Crash on main menu, error code 0x80030020

• NVIDIA Drivers 536.67 and 536.40 crashing in Halo Infinite/DirectX 12 games.

• Super low fps on any game after driver update. I was noticing some performance drop issues on simple games, after that, literally every single game became unplayable due to low fps.

There are many other examples.

1 Like

Today I loaded the sim. My extra content is minimal PMDG 737-8. DC6. My local airport SEN. And Gatwick airport.
I had reinstalled the entire sim around 3 months ago as I started to get CTD’s again. I have never btw had any additional content other than mentioned above. Today is my first chance to use the sim after the latest world update.
I have changed absolutely nothing. Now look.

and as I am no tech wizard ( another reason I don’t alter my system) if the picture doesn’t show the asobo 320 in asobo scheme is now a lovely pink.
This is for me exactly how well we are looked after.

You keep posting your technical issues with MSFS in the wrong place. Please use the troubleshooting or bug reports sections as well as the official tech support to remedy your issues.

Furthermore, your issues are specific to your system and not representative of systemic issues with MSFS affecting a large percentage of the user base.

There are not many games or applications that thoroughly stress every aspect of your system the way MSFS does.

I agree that there are many bugs and architectural issues in MSFS but your experience with it is anecdotal, just like the fact that I use MSFS almost daily, with hundreds of addons, in VR, and very rarely experience a CTD.

I do apologise for posting a brand new problem on this. I might add I am aware that there is a big listing. I wanted to post yet another annoying situation. I am sure I am not unique but all I am trying to point out is that after a couple of months of minimal issues or two CTD’s to be precise I Dow a world update and end up with this. As you can see my additional content is minimal. The fact that it has happened to the asobo 320 kind of points to the fact that even their own product has issues that’s all.
I really enjoy this sim when it is working well but it’s fragility is quite frustrating. And of course we have a sim update to look forward to in a few weeks. No doubt it will cure a problem or two but what is it going to introduce in the way of new ones.

Have you disabled/uninstalled any stock/Asobo planes? This is sometimes the cause of pink textures :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi Kayembee No I have all asobo bits and pieces installed. This came about on my first running of the sim after the recent world update. Thanks for the info though.

1 Like

I would like to point folks in the direction of new posts on latest topics. Is it me or are the more than usual? You see I am beginning to wonder if this is now going to become more commonplace as actual rather than verbal support for 2020 as 2024 increases in focus.

Serious question, why do you even bother with the sim? 35 yrs. seems like a very long time to be a disgruntled critic.

Whoa hang on bro. Some of us are going way back. No need for the question. All we want is quality which unfortunately is becoming less and less apparent in the current sim.

2 Likes

And with respect to to all the new guys and gals out there us oldies know what is worth having.

Not sure what you are talking about. I’ve been around flight sims for more decades than I care to admit and find MSFS to be delivering way, way more than I paid for or felt entitled to expect.

There’s also this thread with 449 posts contradicting your position that MSFS is more disappointing to oldies than newbs:

I respect your opinion if you are personally dissatisfied with MSFS but would kindly ask you to refrain from making self-interested generalizations based on your age/experience or any other ways to “stir the pot” rather than discuss things factually.

6 Likes

These forums do seem to be getting very us and them don’t they. Us folks who for whatever reason are having issues with it mostly do understand that a sizeable number of people are having no problems at all. But please let’s respect the others that are having issues. It’s when you get no answers to valid points that lack of interest by the product manufacturers rear’s it head over and over again. And then to be told that they are going to release a new version how are we meant to feel. The first one isn’t finished yet. And I am certain microbo knew it when it was released and do you know what? I still think we would have brought it but in the comfort of knowing that it would be buggy.

1 Like

We’ll have to agree to disagree on that.

I hope the algorithms in 2024 learn how to make flat roads. Was screwing around and noticed how bumpy roads were and how many wasted polygons that is. I mean at it’s simplest flatter is easier.

It is more than sizeable. Try millions.