A320 FBW Autopilot - Import Flight Plan via Simbrief and creating a flight plan via World Map

With my way i noticed the command to start decent is spot on with TOC, because of the imported Flightplan

No i don’t delete the plan in only Import the Simbrief one “on top”

I’ve got the setting in the Flypad to sync with the sim so that importing from Simbried via the Flypad and MCDU should mean that ATC keeps up. This has worked for the last couple of flights although I have had to “remind” ATC that I’d like to climb to my cruise altitude or start a descent at TOD.
Following their instructions I’ve been a bit hot and high last couple of landings but early enough use of the spoilers has helped. Just have to stay ahead of the aircraft.

I just want to say thanks to everyone who helps here, it is really great because it is pretty easy to get frustrated.

Yeah the only slight downside to the FBW’s FMS is that even when you have the sync option enabled in the EFB, you only get climb instructions for the first portion of the flight, then descent instructions later. Last night I tried what was suggested here and opened the Simbrief file in the MSFS flight planner, then imported into the FBW and it worked well, I had ATC all the way from start to end. Tonight I’ll try the trick that was suggested to sort of “clear” the FMS and then do the Init Request again.

I have save in the Option and i get instructions all the way up to cruise lvl. Also the instruction to decent is spot on. Works every time.

2 Likes

Lol you have no idea how many times I read the section in the documents and still ended up doing it wrong! Thanks a lot, I finally get it.

I use a checklist which I got a few months ago but of course the FBWA32NX has moved on. So it looks like the advice to link the F/P in the EFB with the sim, don’t load a F/P just departure and gate, and just download direct via the MCDU is no longer the best option?

So now going to try the recommended procedure above, see if that helps me having to “prompt” ATC.

That’s probably because however you created your flight, the cruise flight level (shown in the NavLog) is too low. ATC will only clear you up to whatever is set there. If you forget to fix this before flight, you can ask ATC for a higher cruise level through the dialogue option.

I always use this process to set up the flightplan.
Enter details on Simbrief
Power up FBW A320
Import the FP from SImbrief, set required fuel on the Flypad then in the FMC
Set the SID, STAR and runways, remove any disconnects. Takes about 5 minutes tops

Full details in this video from FilbertFlies.

Hello Everybody!
I am quite new the the MSFS community as well! I had heard a lot about the FBW A32NX, and that’s

mostly why I joined this sim
Unfortunately I have had quite a lot of troubles in my way, one of which is discussed here to some extent. Whenever I import my FPL from simbrief into the MCDU, and go to select the SID/STARs from F-PLN page of the MCDU, the page is completely blank?! Does anyone know how i am supposed to get the page to work?
Any suggestions would be massively appreciated

The plane uses the sim’s nav data, so my first suspicion would be your nav data is missing. If you are a Navigraph user, remove and reinstall from their nav data manager.

There are three stages to getting the FP into the aircraft (it’s helpful to have a proper A32NX checklist);
1/ On the FLYPAD import the FP on the main page
2/ MCDU MENU, select ATSU, select AOC then press INIT/PRESS. Then select INIT DATA REQ which requests the simBrief FP
3/ On MCDU select INIT first page, select INIT REQUEST which loads the FP into the MCDU.

FBW have an excellent set of instructions in their Discord site which, by the way, is where you should be requesting answers to support questions or on their own Forum.

Hope this helps

1 Like

Yeah, I have tried all 3 methods, but none bring back the F-PLN page for any reason. I also uninstalled Navigraph and tired to use the base MSFS navdata, but no luck
I think I’ll go and check out the discord and see if I have any luck there
OR maybe a clean install would help too?

FBW do tend to suggest a “clean” reinstall which involves deleting a couple of other files that have been created in your system. All the info on the Discord site.

Or here:
https://docs.flybywiresim.com/fbw-a32nx/installation/#clean-install-steps

Hello
I installed all versions of fbw but mcdu f-pln is like thisimage
Pleae help me to fix it

Need some more informations. Do you import a fp? If yes, how. Using simbrief or in msfs2020?

I got the FP from simbrief

Sometimes it is helpful to delete the complete FBW folders in the community folder (there are two, inside the comm-folder and on the same level) ad reinstall it complete.