A32nx help needed from expert-- AP

please, how do you menage rate of climb or rate of decent in a32nx, it doesnt follow the flight plan magenta altitude, and I cant menage it by myself, on AP VS, because it wont go down on on climb, and wont go up on decent??? so when when the ATC gives me for example, decent to 4000 feet, I decent to that altitude much way before that i should, and fly for minutes on that altitude to before reaching that point.

Managed vertical profile doesn’t work well or even at all. I think because of the hardcoded AP FBW have not yet tweaked. So for the moment: set the new ALT, pull the knob for Open Climb or Descent and then pull the VS knob and set your desired vertical speed.

1 Like

I ll try it today, thanks for replay!!!

That’s not really right …

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/a320-autopilot-demo-to-zakinthos-vor-arrival/316692?u=dflight8685

is this the 4.1 or developer model?

I am having issues with it not following the vertical plan properly if I manually plan my own route using the FMC. It seems to work ok if I use the MSFS flight planner though.

In any case, you can just set your altimeter and then flick the dial upwards to Engage Managed Mode or downwards for Selected Mode. Both will adjust the altitude automatically (give it 10 seconds to get the engines spooled up/down first).

Managed Altitude mode should resume vertical navigation according to the flight plan - but yeah, there seems to be some odd behaviour with it at the moment.

1 Like

Rates of climb/descent are just crazy as of now. And I cannot see the TOD arrow on ND (nor the TOD point in the FMC). So is the vertical profile even calculated?

i also cant see TOD and there is no decel point ???

this is great, just one question, when you enter the altitude on AP, you dont press it DOWN (button AP ALT), just enter the altitude???

Enter the Altitude, press the knob downwards (that is pull) and this will initiate an OP descent. Then adjust vs if you want by pressing downwards the VS knob.

that is the problem, when I set and pull the ALT, and when i try to change VS it wont work. i have tried exactly like you wrote , wont work!!!

Make a short vid of the problem so we can see.

i will today later when i get back to home!!!
thanks guys for helping

It is the developer mod. My english is not so good - go to the video -
I have described everything there.

Yes, with the Mod version, the climb rates are a bit high, but the airplane will get to altitude using the AP without too much fuss.
The descent is another story, v/s does not work, and the closer I get to ground, the slower the descent rate gets, regardless of what the A/P readout on the glareshield and the PFD says. I can have the both showing in V/S mode, and a rate of 1800 fpm, and can’t get the plane to descend any fater than 6-700 FPM. It doesn’t matter what descent mode I use, the result is the same.

having the same issue. i’m sure they’re onto it though.

Have you tried to push the EXPD (Expedite) button after selecting manually the desired altitude?

Hi,
even if not everything works for a long time, but the limits at the waypoints are already well simulated.
You shouldn’t confuse the FMGS and the autopilot of the A320 with the FMS and autopilot from Boeing - something completely different.

Gruß
Dieter

No i havent, because i thought it is not related to that kind of problem, i’ll try, did you solve that problem with it?

Maybe,thanks for video, it was useful, ar least I downloaded developer mod, its much better then the stabile version