A32nx

You need to make sure you’re tuned in the ILS frequency in the NAV RAD page in the MCDU. And have the LS button active.

2 Likes

Interesting to know.

And what about the Development build version instead, in terms of AP and ILS LOC/GS capture capabilities?

Last time I made all was correctly set and checked but no ILS magenta indication, no LOC nor GS captured on final, even well after the FAF or at minimums, nothing at all. Development version installed.

Thanks

Hi mdapol

Thank you very much for your information and explanations. Since the overall stability of the FS2020 is important to me, I preferred to install the public, stable version of the A32NX. The missing ILS/RNAV approaches are a bit annoying and reduce the fun factor in general. I am even more surprised that the approaches are available in the Garmin G1000 and G3000 including transitions. Are they only missing in the FS2020 FMC of the Airliner?

If the iInstabilities are only slightly limited to the A32NX, I would also prefer to install the experimental version. What kind of bugs and errors are to be expected in this version? FS-CtD etc? I fly in VR by the way. I look forward to hearing from you and thanks for the further details.

1 Like

I wouldn’t call them “bugs”, I haven’t had CTD since I use the experimental version. The term I would use would be “work in progress”. The issues that I had previously last week was that, the fuel flow was a bit too thirsty. But this can be mitigated by refueling mid-flight or set unlimited fuel assists. But this was fixed within a couple of days.

Then the fuel wasn’t being consumed at all, and the EGT isn’t showing anything. but again, this was fixed within hours of discovery.

That being said, the “good” things that come from the experimental version, from the custom throttle calibration, the EFB Flypad, the in-cockpit audio volume controls, and also the fly-by-wire flight controls and custom Autopilot. They’re far outweigh the small bugs and issues that I consider to be very minor inconvenience, and they’re all can be easily mitigated. I’ve been using the Development version for a few months, and has been using the experimental version for a week or so, and I couldn’t bring myself to fly the stable version anymore. There’s just too much new features that I can’t live without.

I’ve done another successful medium haul flight yesterday on the experimental version.

2 Likes

will fbw fix the maximum amount of fuel on a320nx? i mean, the max fuel alowed should be more or less 22 tonnes for this airplane but in sim, we only can get a few more than 18 tonnes. so, almost 4 tonnes are missing, even on a320 efb, we see that not all wings fuel tanks are filled up when you set the maximum fuel at the airplane. in this case, i think that a little more than 18 tonnes of fuel arent not enough to reach is maximum range.

I don’t know if this is related or not. And I might be wrong about this, but.
From my understanding, fuel volume may increase or decrease depending on a lot of factors, like temperature, etc. So let’s say 1 kg of fuel is less dense on higher temperature environment which makes it needs more space to contain the increase in volume.

But since the aircraft fuel tanks are constant, meaning you can only have a set maximum litres of fuel. The only way to mitigate this is to adjust the fuel weight itself. I mean, if you have a full kg capacity of fuel, on a hot day where the density of the fuel is lower, it won’t have enough space in the tank to contain them.

So I would think there’s a lower maximum kg of allowable fuel, so that it has enough room if it expands. I can only find the maximum fuel capacity in litres, though.

well, i found some info about the a320 neo, says that is maximum fuel capacity is 26.730 litres of fuel, so, converting this more or less accurately, is almost 22 tonnes of fuel, depending the mass and and densety of what we are measuring.
with heat, the fuel will expand and with cold will retract, but if one airline need to do some flight almost touching the airplane max fuel capacity and range, they can not be worried about if it is cold or hot weahter, i think thar max fuel alowed to airplanes are already with this conditions in mind.
i used this site to check some info
A320neo - A320 Family - Airbus

Just checked in the sim again, you might be onto something.

Default Asobo A320neo has 21,273 kg max fuel or 26,495 L of fuel capacity.
FlyByWire A32NX has 19,046 kg max fuel or 23,720.57 L of fuel capacity

I’m not sure if this is deliberate or not.

metric tonne = 1.1 us ton. are we comparing oranges with oranges?

We are aware of that. We need also some tuning on the fuel consumption itself. Before that, the engine performance needs some finetuning. Before that, the flight model needs some finetuning. As Asobo says: it’s in our backlog.
The next few days, our prioritiy is the release of a new stable version (forked 0.6.0). And then we can go on.

2 Likes

Apreciate your reply watsi, this is not, in any way, a pressure to do a fix. This was just an observation, I know that you have a lot of work to do, and a lot more done to bring us this awesome airplane.
Once again, thanks for this awesome airplane. The msfs airplane most used by me :+1:

1 Like

This might be one off issue and I’m not sure if it’s been reported.
I have external switch/encoder box I made using the Leo Bodnar input board.

I have encoders that change heading bug, altitude, speed etc etc. I just bound them in MSFS control settings and they had been working perfectly to control the Autopilot MCP. Recently, the Speed and the Heading stopped working. The bindings are the same as before.
The odd thing is that I can see the changes on the Primary Flight Display but they won’t change on the Autopilot MCP.

Something I’m doing wrong? I don’t see any different binding options in settings.

I also looked at event viewer via FSUIPC and I don’t see the event occurring when I change the Heading and Speed on the MCP panel, however it does register the altitude, which is working fine.

What version do you use?

Thank you for bringing the EFB fuel tank capacity issue to my attention. What is shown by the EFB is currently inconsistent with what is displayed in the MSFS weight and balance window and the MCDU (which is consistent with the MSFS weight and balance window).

Total usable fuel for MSFS is specified in U.S. gallons. For the A320NEO, this is 6267. MSFS has its own unit conversions that convert from gallons to liters, pounds, and kilograms. In MSFS, 6267 gallons of jet fuel converts to 23,721 liters, 41,989 pounds, and 19,046 kilograms.

1 Like

I’m using the latest Experimental installed via the installer.

So the plane changes heading but you don’t see any hdg change in the FCU (MCP)? Or is there just nothing happening?

I have two questions here:

1. After the Fire Push is opened like this, how can I set them back to normal?

1. When I use the Flypad to check the departure and arrival weather on Dashboard by pre-flight, after accidently hit one of the numpads (or arrow on numpad), my aircraft was moved to another position at airport, I don’t know what happened!

No, the plane itself does not change heading and the MCP does not show any changes either. But when looking at the MFD, you can see that the input is changing the heading/speed but nothing is happening because it’s not being changed on the MCP.

Here’s a video. Sorry, no commentary, but you will see that the Heading and Speed bugs change in the Multifunction Display but nothing changes in the AP MCP, when I hover over the knob and the tool tip comes up that shows the heading, when I change it with my encoder, the tool tip value changes and the MFD shows new value but again nothing happens in the AP MCP.

You can test it yourself:
You can test this by assigning keyboard shortcuts to Decrease/Increase Autopilot Reference Airspeed. When you use the shortcut keys, you will notice that speed getting updated on the MFD but not on MCP.

Do you have a flight plan in the MCDU? Is the MCDU fully programmed?

Hmm. that’s weird… Maybe it’s specific to the keyboard shortcut assignments that’s faulty? Because I use my mousewheel to turn the knobs and they change just fine.