Ability to save Aircraft to favorites list

You can of course edit the name an aircraft shows up under in the selection window as well as what category it is listed under. Not sure if it works for default or marketplace aircraft though, never tried.

Same thing with airports, and the list of recent airports. They should be configurable.

I’ve been dying for this. Considering years of managing garages full of 500 cars in Forza titles. Some aircraft in my hangar I hate so much I just don’t even want to see them ever again.

Just as the topic implies, it would be nice to have a button similar to the star icon in the Marketplace for your wishlist that will populate your favorited aircraft at the top of the list when you are in the aircraft selection screen.

Yes, I use the search option all the time to find my favorite airplanes (!). But then you have to select the favorite livery as well. This is a double nuisance: a Favorite category would solve both issues at once.

The whole menu system UI should really be one of the easier parts of the sim to develop.

I’m sure if it was open, the community could knock out something great. Trick is just making it work on Xbox too. Which does not mean it reduces PC functionality at all. A good Xbox UI can be fantastic on the PC.

It’s a little bit of a hassle to scroll through all the aircraft or type in the search field for a plane I want to fly.

Suggestion: let us favorite aircraft (a la heart in the Marketplace) so we can have a “hangar” in the World Map containing just the planes we favorite.

This would make it a snap for us to simply choose the plane we’d like to fly. Maybe even go a little further and let us customize the organization of those planes (like ordering by most frequently flown).

Thanks!

Absolutely essential as game grows, sorting through planes is now OBNOXIOUS without a favorite ability & category. I bought a bunch of 3rd party planes and the $60 reno version, and I wish I could narrow down the list of 100+ aircraft now cluttering things up.

1 Like

Today I made a topic about it, I’m happy
that other people feel the same need.

It’s such a basic thing. I realize that the topic is from 2020, long before they implemented the “favorite products you want to buy” function on the Marketplace with a small heart. Ideal for me in Há gar.

It’s amazing that we have so many default aircraft, I appreciate that. however it is time to organize our toy closet.

“hmmm, my pa-28 was somewhere between this alien spaceship and this flying car… Oh look, now there’s a Mickey Mouse plane that promises me great adventures, cool, but I need to find my Piper first”

2 Likes

Some interface options would be handy. Instead of that huge tiled view, I would like a text only list. It wouldn’t work so well for the liveries, but that could remain as is, or at least give us an option to make those tiles 50% their current size.

1 Like

A Favorite section in addition to what we have today would be very helpful.
There are many aircraft I don’t fly anymore, but I like to have them installed for Multiplayer.

Scrolling through your Hangar or the pre-flight selection menu will eventually (and maybe already is for some) become a cumbersome task. Hundreds of add-on aircraft are already on the Marketplace and 3rd party sites.

I’m on Xbox and have 3 variants of the F-35, but only fly one, and I frequent the Daher 930 and Volocopter (until we get helis). With WASM coming and dozens of free and payware aircraft, my hangar is going to fill.

So, I think it would be an excellent idea to have “favorites” option while in the hangar menu that moves said favs to the top of the selection menu.

Yay or nay?

WE DID IT! This is now #66 on the lifetime wish list and commented as “Under Investigation”

Thanks for voting.

3 Likes

It only took 2 years!

Good news :sunglasses:

I hope this feature will come this year :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It strike me odd that you can mark planes in the Marketplace as a favourite, even ones you already own.

3 Likes

Right. Which means it’s a priority for the store, but not so much a priority for the actual sim which I personally find irritating.

If the team can find the time to add features to improve sales like “offers” to the global map and “favorites” (read: wishlist) in the store, then they have the ability to add a favorites folder for aircraft we own.

3 Likes

I would tend to agree, under the assumption that the same team would be responsible for both the Marketplace UI, and the flight setup pages.

1 Like

Please allow for a customised my hangar view, or at least an option to filter (only show certain aircraft that I fly)

3 Likes