Ability to save Aircraft to favorites list

Why has this still not been implemented?! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

great question :grinning:

Bumping this. The ability to filter my viewable aircraft by what I ‘STAR’ (denote as favorite) is am important but still missing user interface , quality of experience feature.

S!

1 Like

Yup. We need to keep making noise until someone hears us. It would be a huge quality of life improvement with minimal dev effort.

This request is now #63 on the all time wish list with 298 votes. It has been marked as “under investigation” by the development team so we have been heard.

1 Like

in addition to favorites, a sort by cruise speed would be nice

1 Like

Would I be right in thinking that, in a way, this can already be achieved by just uninstalling those aircraft that you are never going to fly? I have done that and the 747, A320 et al no longer appear. They are available to re-install should you want them, but in the meantime they’re just in the background not consuming resource.

+1 for a favorites list
Two more selection options besides the aircraft type, like for the manufacturer, and publisher maybe, would also nicely help to declutter the aircraft selection interface a little bit.

1 Like

Uninstalling aircraft to improve UI is a clumsy solution at best and doesn’t fix the problem. Can’t speak for PC but even if that was a viable solution, default aircraft cannot be uninstalled on Xbox.

The existence of the ability to favorite aircraft in the store (a feature no one asked for) already proves that Asobo has the architecture to allow users to customize lists. This is in no way a complicated or lengthy fix.

The age of the existing menu UI is starting to show. I was surprised some of the basic options that hundreds if not thousands of users have been asking for weren’t addressed in the months after launch but we’re over two years in without much of any feedback from the devs that this is a priority they’ll get to any time soon so we have no choice but to live with it for the time being and keep the topic alive.

1 Like

I’d like a full UI rehaul. I hate how clunky everything is. I wish the aircraft section menu was customizable. I’d rather have the Windows File Explorer for aircraft section. I don’t want thumbnails on that menu. I do want thumbnails for livery selection, but not the aircraft menu. I despise having each variant listed as a separate aircraft. It says I have over 400 aircraft, and it’s an absolute unorganized mess trying to find the aircraft I want…

Just let me sort and organize into subcategories like file explorer does. I should choose aircraft > variant > livery.

2 Likes

I don’t despise it, but I would like the ability to customise the list. Either have them as much smaller thumbnails to fit more on screen at once, a la XP, or a text only list for even more.

1 Like

I’ll be honest…I had to reread what I wrote to find out what I said I despise. I typed that in an angry rant while I was frustrated and irritated at work. My entire horrendously written paragraph can be summarized by saying that I simply wish we had full control of how we organize our hanger.

I use addon linker, and all my aircraft, liveries, etc are meticulously categorized and organized in File Explorer. I wish the menus within the sim could be treated as such.

1 Like

Agreed. I sit there was a mouse, and keyboard in front of a monitor, using an interface that looks like it was designed for a joystick, on a TV some distance away.

I just wish we had the ability to customise this to each of our tastes. Blurring the background 3D render was a start, but I hope we get more options.

As classic examples go, you can’t get much better than the original Deus Ex game from 2000, and Deus Ex: Invisible War from 2003. It wasn’t just the interface that got changed, but the gameplay as well. Such is the way with many multi-platform releases.

1 Like

I think most of these requests could be resolved by giving users the ability to create their own tags that they could assign to aircraft or airports to filter on.

If you want a group of “Favs”, create the tag, assign it to those planes, then filter on that tag. You could then create tags for WWII planes, planes with a specific GPS, high altitude runways, really short runways, etc.

4 Likes

As the time goes by and there are more and more a/c, a favourite list (or folder) becomes more and more important

3 Likes

Yes agreed, please can you just add the ability to favorite certain aircraft and then filter the list for favortites, should be simple?

2 Likes

Would be nice to just free walk around your hangers of favourite aircraft, or have favourits in categories like hanger 1 warbirds, hanger 2 jets etc. I remember having that on an old project Gotham car game you could wander around admiring the vehicles and as your collection grew it added extra hangers (sorry showrooms)

3 Likes

So easy to do, but still not implemented?

Seems easy for sure. But, ya never know. I’d really appreciate 3 seemingly simple changes to the configuration screens:

1. Favorite aircraft!!
  2. Control profiles assigned to aircraft
  3. Graphic setting profiles that could be assigned to aircraft. Would be great to be able to customize graphics settings for different kinds of flight.

Too may aircraft and very cumbersome to select the livery. Please the aircraft+livery to be selected. Maybe the easiest thing is to have a separate tab that shows these only.