Aerial ground tiles changing/popping in

Same observed in France and Switzerland and, again: Spikes in those areas and in Italy, spikes and whole mountains on flat islands around Venice IT, just like at the very beginning of MSFS!
Killing any VFR experience!!

Interestingly enough… the bug shows itself on the flight selection screen- before you even load into the sim. The same mismatched tiles are there after you load into your parking spot.

7 Likes

Yep same here - its odd as it seems to be every other tile

1 Like

If anyone wants a quick way to replicate the exact issue described in this topic , just load go to Landing Challenges → Strong Wind category → Innsbruck. Just look at the fields as soon as the flight starts.

1 Like

Confirmed. Jump into external view straight away and then watch as the fields magically get plowed into different directions.

1 Like

Now it has spread to the landing challenges? It’s baffling. Why is Asobo still silent on this issue. There is a live stream with developers on May 3. How can we ask them a question about this issue?

2 Likes

I observe this phenomenon, too. Right now reproducibly in the Lourdes-Tarbes region in France.

It’s certainly a crazy idea which occured to me, but might Asobo/MS experiment with seasonal changes? Watching the changing squares, I could imagine they represent different seasons of the area.

4 Likes

I think it’s much simpler than that. The tiles for the world scenery are stored at different scales and the sim streams the ones that are appropriate for the distance you see the terrain from. As you get closer it fetches tiles which are progressively more zoomed in to get the extra detail.

I think that Bing or Asobo have been refreshing scenery tiles from newer imaging but they’ve only done a subset of the scales. Thus as you get closer it switches from scenery imaged at one time to that imaged at a completely different time and obviously that is always going to look terrible.

3 Likes

Found this posted by a moderator in another thread, but it must apply here too!

Sim time off by one hour - Bug Reports & Wishlist / Miscellaneous - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Yes, but on another hand at each update they release a table of bugs status which contain only like 15 of the highest ranked ones, so I think they prioritize the bugs by ranking. Which makes sense I think

Same issue but worse today.
Looking at the ground beneath I saw popping up scenery all the time all over the place.
Location approach Bordeaux
Will rolling cache help in this situation ?
Using Gbit fiber

1 Like

Sorry - no it won’t.
To be certain, I just tried LFPD.
Lots of popping as I approached the 1000 ft. mark, with rolling cache turned on.

2 Likes

I have the exact same issue as described.

Do you also have the freeware LFPD version 4 installed ?
Maybe it’s the airport ?
Just guessing

1 Like

Also during the approach or short finals, you can also notice buildings disappearing and reloading again with different textures. Not a desirable situation at all. It reminds me of FSX or P3D, which is quite a big step back.

Also water textures do the same thing.
See image

IMG_4767

2 Likes

I don’t have any freeware or payware for anything installed - just a barebones MSFS without any World Updates or extras installed.

Another example, leaving Ajaccio in France to the NE

Mon film | Dominique Klein | Flickr

3 Likes

Whole Corsica is broken.

4 Likes

I have only noticed this one time. I was flying into a small airfield in Delaware south of Philly, and I noticed the ground textures directly underneath my plane was changing. Almost like more recent imagery was loading in. Because in front of me was green grass and green fields, and then as I got closer, suddenly there was a subdivision loaded in that looked like recent construction and the fields were suddenly hay fields that had been cultivated so they were very brown. Then as I moved away, they loaded back in as green grass and green fields.

1 Like