[AeroDesigns] - KPWM Portland International Jetport

That could be the reason as well… We’ve got some things we can try to reduce the black lines occuring which will hopefully work, and I’ll try and take this up with Asobo as well and see if they can help

1 Like

Thanks for doing KPWM so nicely, btw, picked it up last night. The airport holds a special place in my heart… Not only is the Maine coast a beautiful place to fly over with all of its islands, lighthouses, and other scenery, but I did my flight training out of Nashua, and of course Portland was my first cross country… At about two miles out, Tower had to let me know I was lined up with the taxiway for my touch and go :flushed:. I was horrified, but they were cool about it. :blush: Made many a flight there during training, and flew past it many times on flights up to Owl’s Head Transportation museum at KRKD.

2 Likes

Glad to hear you’re enjoying it!

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s something on my end. If anyone else is having this happen. ATC is alway tell me to use runway 18 or 36. No matter the wind. Just wondering if it’s just me.

Yeah it’s on our to do list for the next update. I’m not sure yet how, but we’ll try to fix this as 29-11 is indeed the main runway

Here is a free downtown Portland, Maine scenery released on Flightsim.to today that should be of interest to folks here. It seems to cleanup the downtown and waterfront quite substantially and seemingly shouldn’t interfere with the airport add-on. I haven’t tried it yet but the video at the link looks great.

Link below. Enjoy!

3 Likes

I’m always wary of these Google Earth cleanups (hopefully). Let us know if there’s any performance hit… 1 GB is a lot to add for one scenery.

Hi everyone,

We have update v1.01 ready for you.

It has taken us longer than we wanted/anticipated to get this released because we are still stuck on the black lines/gaps issue unfortunately. We were hoping that SU12 would solve this and although it has given us more functionality to accurately recreate the mesh of the real-life airport, it has not solved the issue of black lines appearing… Asobo is still looking into it so hopefully we get it resolved at some point.

In the mean-time, this small update contains an extensive mesh rework, some fixes, additions of buildings, and a few other small things. You can find the changelog below.

We hope you are all still enjoying the airport and if you have any more feedback or suggestions you can reply here or send us a private message.

Thanks!

Changelog v1.01:

• Complete mesh rework due to SU12 more accurate mesh editing
  • Fixed windsock placement near runway crossing / taxiway C
  • Fixed CRJ’s spawning at GA ramp
  • Fixed ATC instructing takeoff 18-36; Primary should now be 11-29
  • Fixed mesh dip on intersection Taxiway A / C
  • Removed two sheds at Cargo area as these are removed in real life
  • Added beacon towers
  • Added ILS GS Antennas
  • Added Shed/building at runway end 29
6 Likes

I am still being told by ATC to use runway 18-36, wind was at 210. When I use the default Portland same live weather, wind at 210, ATC tells me to use 29.

One thing I noticed a few weeks ago and just checked. In the Garmin equipped planes, the default airport is shown in blue, which is correct because it has a tower. This Portland is shown as magenta, no tower. I don’t know if that is what’s causing. Or if it is something on my end, but the default is fine. Thanks.
Great job on everything else.

Just thiought maybe its cause i only depart from mac jets, Ill have to try departing from somewhere else.

The in-sim ATC is rubbish. I check what’s the active runway on flightradar24 or flightaware and I ignore the assigned runway by the ATC if it’s different from the real world. Plus I’m not sure if the airport developer can influence what runway the ATC assigns…

1 Like

Hmm… Annoying that the issue still persists. All I could find in the SDK was to make a runway primary, which I did for 11-29, to stop it from always assigning 18-36. I suppose this runway would now only be used in heavy winds from either the north or south, but with light winds it will assign 11-29.

I don’t understand it. I’ve made a few airports and I don’t see how it’s happening. It’s strange how it shows as an un-towered airport. I been trying, with a version of Portland I was working before this. I can’t get it to show not being towered or only use one runway. With the hopes to help figure it out.

I’ll check it out in a few days, maybe I can tinker with the settings some more and make it show as a towered airport.

1 Like

I did a flight today and thought this was funny and this made no sense. I landed on 29 anyway and was told I wasn’t cleared.

1 Like

Anyone know where the GSX file is located for this airport? I purchased it on Aerosoft One. Doesn’t seem to be located inside the addon folder and also not auto installed into my AppData’s GSX folder :frowning:

Mine is in %AppData%\virtuali\GSX\MSFS\kpwm-evtdmp.ini

It should be inside the zip folder, but maybe due to Aerosoft One it might install just the airport and not the .ini file for GSX. Is there a configuration options inside Aerosoft One where you can activate the GSX profile?

Doesn’t seem like there’s an option, or I cannot find it. I did not know there was any zip file, but you are right it appears the Aerosoft installer downloads a zip file first then moves the airport folder into Community. Looked into the zip file and no GSX ini file in there either

No worries then, I’ll send you the ini file in a private dm.

Hello all, a little late to the suggestion party here, but maybe KMHT would be a good future project. I’m aware the vertical sim also stated he was planning to create a rendition in this year’s schedule but judging by the lack of adherence to said schedule, as well as information from others, it seems highly unlikely that it will end up coming to fruition.