Aeroplane Heaven DC-3 for MSFS

It is indeed very floathy during takeoff and very vulnarable for crosswinds: The wind came from the left and the plane rolled to the left and crashed. This happend 3 times, I then switched off live weather and had less problems.

Love it. Pretty much what I have hoped for, although I’m missing an oxygen system and superchargers from the DC-3 I have flown in other sims :slight_smile:

Oh, and the arrow that is supposed to point to the selected VOR seems to teleport around instead of actually turning.

Also, seems like there is no icing visualization other than on the windows, which is a little bit sad, especially for a plane that I plan to fly in Canada in the winter

But that’s all minor stuff. There is much to love :slight_smile:

I don’t see it mentioned unless I missed it, but there’s a free enhancement package for it in the marketplace for the PC.

I just came across it by chance, when I downloaded the A310 enhancement pack.

I had a fully iced up nose and nacelles in the red/yellow flying in KGPI earlier.

Seriously, read Gann’s Fate is the Hunter for the most thrilling story of someone surviving insane icing in a DC-3.

1 Like

What does the enhancement download add? Is it the cargo variant and higher resolution textures? Anything else?

I haven’t flown it yet but I know the DC6 has a huge ground effect. You have to fly it very close to runway and then cut to idle

1 Like

Yeah that part is fine, it just seems to go at very low (too low?) Airspeeds.

Have not done a proper test, will do a few and see how fast she gets up.

Main feel for now is that she takes off more like i would expect her to do while empty instead of nearly mtow.

Edit did a few tests both at default load near MTOW and without load and she flies already at 55-60mph.
Normal liftoff speed is 90 while 80 is for short strips.
This was using 42"map on takeoff

However this is minor as the looks, sound and flying in general are EPIC. AH set a new standart for themselves here.
OH and a huge pluss, fabulous propdisks.

I have asked this before in a few posts, but what does the additional “DC-3 Enhanced” download have in it? The description is vague and if I don’t need to download another 10G, I’d be happy

Not sure i didn’t know you could fly it without that :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I haven’t loaded up to look yet but fairly sure it’s just improved replacement hi-rez textures. No new liveries or features. Don’t quote me on that though. May have some extra liveries within that, as 10gb seems high just for textures for one plane…

That’s great, but strange at the same time. I’ve managed to get my windows almost totally iced up without seeing ice on other parts of the plane. I did have heat on before, that I’ve turned off for the test, but I guess it shouldn’t influence the nose cone. Oh well, will test some more, thanks for the info! :slight_smile:

There are supercharger switches on the main panel below the window. Don’t know if they do anything.

Just from looking at the files:

• internal textures are bumped from 1024 to 2048
  • external liveries are bumped from 2048 to 4096.
  • added Aviators and Aviators Xbox liveries

I see no aviators livery in my game.

The enhanced folder has a flight_model.cfg with a couple of strange differences (in the fuel section) and a systems.cfg with some minor changes in the circuits.

Not sure what to make of it.

Edit:

Some of the textures look more smeared with the normal textures.

2 Likes

:+1: yes great to hear!!!

3 Likes

Yes, at least they are improving in some aspects. :laughing:

2 Likes

Definitely seeing icing in mine.

3 Likes

What’s the quality like compared to the Milviz Beaver and Inibuilds A310?

I know these are free in terms of money but in terms of time I’m planning to restrict which planes I study to the best. Otherwise I end up spending all day I SPAD or manuals instead of flying.

Any inop switches or is it full quality 3rd party dev plane? I don’t care about rivets or circuit breakers, just the main systems and features to be able to do a full set of procedures.

Id say it is definetely a very good quality plane. Looks sounds and flies great and most things seem to work. Not many inop buttons.

Definetely a very good release.

The a310 is a much larger and different plane imo.

As for the Beaver, that one is also nice but a bit on the too twitchy side for me.

All 3 are just downright quality products imo.

3 Likes

My first impressions: great 3D model, unrealistic taxiing. Need to check stall speeds. At first look stall speed was way too low, but maybe it is just because of low aircraft weight. Here is good aircraft description: dc3throt

1 Like