Aeroplane Heaven P-47D released

They have developer contacts all over the world. I’m pretty sure Planes of Fame would be happy to schedule a few hours of recording time, especially for a fee. Collings will have one “soon”. I remember seeing my first P-47 at Manchester airport in NH in 1988.

Here you go…

1 Like

Btw. I noticed strange issue, when you use P-47 and you have Airshow Assistant (Marketplace addon), from the beginning you will see effect of working Water Rudder (so Ctrl+W), you know what I wrote if you have P-47 and AA addon (but cant use those words here ;)). Werid. Looks like the software Airshow Assistant appears to activate this effect on its own. I cant turn it off by Ctrl+W then. Unistalled AA solved the issue.

Aeroplane Heaven update is already inbound

they’ve fixed her spine among many other squawks - so they ARE listening and doing the work
She’ll have WEP too fellers

5 Likes

Looks like a decent set of revisions.

Can you confirm that an aileron trim fix is among the changes?

The 1.1 update and the community soundset (when it arrives) might be enough to get me off the fence.

the video does not mention that specifically - but the narrator does say there are other fixes not depicted in the video and there will be a complete changelog with the update.
If you don’t buy from the marketplace you can already fix the aileron trim with two .cfg edits -

1 Like

Good update especially the bubble canopy but hopefully the sounds get improved next

V1.1.0 Update

Notes :

If you are running 3rd party shaders and/or tweaks it is expected that you know how to change and modify the shaders. This addon has been developed on a stock MSFS game. Effects are working on a stock game.

If you have replaced the stock Asobo pilot with a thirdparty version there is a good chance the pilot switcher will not work correctly. It is assumed that you will understand this as you have modified your game. We cannot be held responsible for disembodied hands showing due to issues with other third party addons. This is down to the code of the visibility switcher

Newly ADDED:

• someone on facebook made the mention of the RAF being in the manual but no texture representing the RAF.He’s right! RAF texture added.
  • Malcom hood model added + 2 textures for the malcom hood version. There is no change to the actual FM . This is PURELY visual. The malcom hood was an interim solution between the razorback and the bubble top P-47.

Tweaks :

• Possible VR fix we dont develop for VR but we have instigated the SDK recommendations.

Bug fixes :

• Aileron trim enabled now.
  • Main fuel selector correctly moved to the correct fuel tank on flight start.
  • Lightened the metal on metal textured aircraft. Please be wary of the first note.
  • Landing light effects alignment changed outwards.
  • Pilot disappearing at distance if using the stock pilot.
  • added gunsight to distance models.
  • Lowered the volume of the interior sound by 3db. ( Community feedback )
  • Possible fix to AI sounds.
  • reprofiled hump and canopy on the standard razorback and the new malcom hood.
  • moved the gunsight mk8 over - Please remember this is a civil based sim.
  • Put the correct throttle and water injection switch in with requisite changes to the flightmodel.
  • changed the props from feathered to unfeathered. It was annoying us too !
  • Gun visual effect conflict with the P-51 has been rectified.

Flightmodel changes :

• MAtched the stock mixture lever to the following 80% lever position is auto-rich, 65% is auto-lean, 0 is cutoff.
  • prop inertia change.
  • Cowl flaps system retweaked - full open will be needed at 140 mph to balance at 260 C. On a hot day, airspeed will need to be increased in the climb.
  • added more payload options for those of you that want that sort of control. The ammo has no effect on how long you fire your guns mainly because you know you could run out before you need to. Also the click click sound ? difficult.
  • Water injection is available. You must set the water payload for it to be used it is set to 2 gal per minute, so approx 7.5 minutes or so.
9 Likes

Although I marginally had belief in …Heaven, I’m beginning to have Faith in them too.

I shall pray for a Miracle from …Heaven: a revisit of their P-51D one day. :pray:

Are we witness to the Rebirth … of a company? … the prophetic arrival of a Divine Lancaster?

Alas, the only certainty are the impending posts from the Devil’s Advocates.

2 Likes

They are fast! 1.1.0 downloaded, will see! :slight_smile:

While I truly appreciate all the good that has been done, I still intend to message them about the fact that when we are not using the Turbo, the MAP does not change as you gain altitude. This cannot be accurate. As soon as I can gather the necessary documents I will let them know and we’ll see what they are willing to do.
Some really good changes in V1.1.0-

1 Like

Is someone able to open the zip File from Just flight?
Version1.1.1 is available but the zip file seems to be broken.

1 Like

I’m impressed, really!

It extracted with no issues here-

Weird, I´ve just checked my Justflight account and now it´s the 1.0.0 available.
No issues with that but the 1.1.1 Version didn´t work for me. Sure You got the latest Version?

This is a positive sign from AH and makes it all the more tempting to pull the trigger, so to speak. I’m impressed with the quick response and the list of fixes, and that they even corrected the model for the reported spine geometry issue. A sound update would all but assure my purchase, as I truly love this plane! Until then I eagerly look forward to what the community can come up with in that regard.

3 Likes

new update is 1.1.1 available at JustFlight
and it includes a few more fixes :

Aeroplane Heaven P-47D Thunderbolt ‘Razorback’ MSFS - v1.1.1 Update

Dear Sir/Madam,

We mailed you earlier today about a v1.1.0 Update for the Aeroplane Heaven MSFS Thunderbolt.

It appears that there was a problem with the Zip file provided by Aeroplane Heaven for this update. This has been rectified and new v1.1.1 software is now available which also adds some additional updates.

Please see the Support page for all the details.

If you have already downloaded the v1.1.0 Thunderbolt software, please download the new v1.1.1 version to get the corrected software.

If you have not yet downloaded the new software, the v1.1.1 version which is now available should not present you with any problems.

Best wishes,

The Just Flight Crew

2 Likes

hi, there is still a problem with this download. Normally take 3 minutes to download an aircraft, this download takes 10 seconds. On opening the zip file error messages appear.

apparently they have fixed some of the visual artifacts in multiplayer and Airshow Assistant

it worked for me - check with a different browser?

1 Like

still not working for me

1 Like