Aerosoft A330

The Aerosoft’s A330 for prepar3d is amazing. Near studio level. I’ll give them my trust for now. I hope I won’t be disappointed by them.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s fair to just blame it on Hans. We also don’t know what’s in the contracts etc. Probably also not fair on my end to just blame aerosoft, though. I will say that based on forum interactions with aerosoft I personally I remain very skeptical. Again, I’d be happy to be wrong.

Best thing we can do is wait when it’s released and see how it plays out. Definitely not a day one purchase. The ball is in aerosofts court to show they can do better than what they’ve released so far.

3 Likes

I was completely looking forward to the A330 UNTIL I purchased the E-Jet 170/175 and was forced to use Aerosoft’s terrible Aerosoft One software to install the plane. While others like PMDG, FBW, and Fenix use installers for their planes, AO is just an infectious mess. It installs files/folders all over the machine, uses some kind of active authentication that runs constantly with FS, and is a pain/near impossible to use with the Addon Linker. Also, Aerosoft’s standard response when things don’t work is to disable Windows Defender! WD is not some niche anti-virus package. These days, if software does not work with WD the software is likely doing something it should not be doing.

7 Likes

Thanks for the info. I did not know that.
I´m particularly happy to read an A350 could be also in the works (even if it takes time…).

1 Like

Hans will be back to fix the CRJ after he is done with the ATR.

Just choose direct install which will install it to community folder them move it to where you keep your mods for the addon linker that’s what i do

Oh oh! This would certainly make me think twice before buying. As you say, if PMDG and Fenix can do it etc. That said, hopefully they release on marketplace which will bypass all that gubbins… hopefully.

Thanks for the response but I tried that and ran into three problems:

1. For whatever reasons their ■■■■■■ copy protector/drm would not work once I moved the files and linked them back. It popped up this obnoxious message that took over the entire screen — needed to shut down FS entirely to get rid of it. I suspect if I went into the config files there is some hard path that needs to be changed.

2. It kind of breaks the update mechanism. Each time there is an update — even if not that often — you need to manually moving things. Not good.

3. In addition to the actual aircraft files, Aerosoft One installs files in 3 locations in APPDATA and in the root of my local c:\users\name directory which I don’t use for applications. Lousy hygiene.

The application behaves like it owns the machine and can do whatever it wants. Also, it completely creeps me out that they keep telling people to disable Windows Defender if the program is not working. That should NOT be required in the ordinary course.

i dont get that at all it gives me choice of AO library or direct install, weirdly with updates they work too only it will install to the community so i delete the one from the mods folder for the addon linker then move it , just checked it now telling me of updates even though i have neither installed

“2. It kind of breaks the update mechanism. Each time there is an update — even if not that often — you need to manually move things. Not good.”

You need to manually move / delete files… I did not suggest it did not inform you of updates when needed. Mind you, if this was the only problem, it would be lame but I’d deal.

More photos posted by Mathijs Kok on Aerosoft forum:

1 Like

Ok, OK,

We know what an A330 looks like. How about some action in flight? I would like to see what this baby is capable of. Give me something I haven’t seen, please.

Can we see it airborne

On taxiway

At night

The cabin

Something in motion.

3 Likes

Or lets see if it wobbles like the CRJ and make the passengers sick.

Never an Aerosoft product after CRJ and forum behaviour of Aerosoft staff.

Leaving CRJ bugs in for 2 years because their sole developer is working on other cash cows is terrible

7 Likes

What I can’t understand is why is there only one person working on aircraft from Aerrosoft? (As big as they are.) LOL.
I wonder if he’s getting paid to be the backbone and the fall guy for the company.?

Did they state that A330 is an one-person project?

Aerosoft is a software company and they develop or publish many other projects than just flight simulators: bus, train, car, logistic…

Personally I do not put much expectation on Aerosoft airplane, so I have less disappoinment, when their airplane not as expected.

BlueBird Simulations 757 and PMDG 777 are my most awaited airplanes now.

3 Likes

What led you to the conclusion that Aerosoft has only one person working on aircraft?

It looks like there’s no EFB so if we have to wait a year for PMDG to come up with theirs we’ll have to wait ten years for aerosoft. Don’t think I’ll be buying straight away.

Scroll up a little bit in this thread and you will see there is an EFB.

1 Like

I don’t understand but I certainly hope you are right as I’ve been looking forward to this aircraft since it was first announced. However if there is only a promise of an EFB it’s a game changer for me.