Aerosoft Twin Otter baby!

More than the sound I’m also disappointed with the cockpit modelling, it’s not as well done as many other third-party aircraft. The textures look fake (check the recently released Beaver for a realistic cockpit), and there’s some weird lighting (for example weird reflections on the center panel).

1 Like

Update:

Aerosoft customer support says the sound update is due for release in approximately 10 days.

6 Likes

That’s great news. This bird has been on my radar, but I have held off on purchasing because of the audio issue.

If they get that right, I’ll make it an early Christmas gift :wink:

1 Like

Even with the audio issues, the Twin Otter is worth it. It’s super fun to fly and it’s a beautiful airplane.

1 Like

I hope it’s worth the wait.

10 days? Really? Can’t believe it! We are waiting SO long.
I didn’t believe them to make this update…

Is there any word on prop physics/cfd?

I am curious too. I hope they improve on this. Way more important than sound, in my opinion. Plane flies really bad right now, among the worse I have, unless you are on autopilot and winds are close to zero. The extreme banking on take off, tail shaking out of control, weird invisible spoiler, etc.

8 Likes

Not sure. I only asked about the sound update.

this on black friday discount. is it worth it? still seeing flight dynamics and sounds problems. this is still not fixed after being released over a year ago?

1 Like

I think that it is worth the regular $35 price. I fly it quite a bit.

1 Like

How’s the sound pack ? Heard it’s bad . Not close to being authentic . Has that been fixed ?

The Twin Otter is such an iconic aircraft, however I like this add-on much less than similar-purpose aircraft such as the Milviz/Blackbird PC-6, the SWS Kodiak or the Black Square Caravan.
Among issues are the amount of systems not modelled, the disappointing cockpit 3d/texture modelling, the sound issue as well as the developer’s decision to not allow aircraft mods.

6 Likes

Well I use a sound pack from FTSim which I think is good. As you know, AS is currently testing a new sound pack which hopefully will be even better. And hopefully Asobo will make some improvements to turboprops in general. But in the meantime I am enjoying it.

1 Like

Thank you for the info . I’ll prob be holding off on this . Maybe get the Crj instead

Any word if aerosoft fixed bugs, flight model hacks, low quality modeling and texturing issues in addition to fixing the sound? There was so much more wrong with this plane than just needing a new sound package but from what I’ve seen nothing has been said on the other issues. I wanted this plane but held off and now am not sure it’ll even end up in my hangar.

4 Likes

That’s another problem. They don’t communicate a lot.

Flew this at my friend, he has the sound pack and while i don’t like Aerosoft their attitude the plane flew quite nice and tbh i quite liked it.
Flew nice and believable for the size.

For those who struggle with xwinds, do you remember to use aileron and not just rudder? Because i had zero issues with that. But you have to use aileron and land with the wing into the wind down or even irl you may risk a blow over.

One thing that was noticable was the beta/spoiler on approach.
He warned me though, when the pitch sound changed add power or it goes into beta. And tbh that flies a bit weird but as long as you react to the sound it’s okey.

Also the touchdown as no feedback. Specially on a soft landing you won’t feel you have landed.

But aside from this i think it quite a solid and fun plane.

2 Likes

What exactly is disappointing about the cockpit modelling and texturing? I personally don’t see any issues and I’d say the cockpit looks good.

2 Likes

I agree completely. Apart from the sound mixing it’s a really pleasant plane to fly. Really stable in the air like it should be.

4 Likes