After playing a few hours, FPS drops from 40 to 5FPS

I have tested this alleged fix but unfortunately it didn’t make any difference. Still the same horrible stutter and FPS slideshow upon takeoff and landing.

2 Likes

Sorry about that. I was hoping this was going to be the fix.

SU8 has also now introduced some really severe stutters during the flight. It gets remarkably worse when switching views. See pictures attached. I am running 4K at max settings. Never encountered stutters this bad before SU8. Also the clouds still look as generic as ever with all the tiles visible. :-1: :-1: :-1:

This is when panning and changing views…horrendous

3 Likes

Did the same thing. flying from Cairo to JFK. after 2.5Hours I noticed a severe FPS drop.

then I went to sleep left it flying to come back see that there is almost not utilities used in the task manager. CPU and GPU running as if they were idle. and FPS was just gone… 1 FPS, I am NOT LYING

everything is updated
strong internet connection

|Device name|SMHWD|
|GPU|4GB GTX 1650|
|Processor|AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with Radeon Vega Graphics 4.10 GHz|
|Installed RAM|16,0 GB|
|System type|64-bit operating system, x64-based processor|

2 Likes

If you run with DX12 beta, you should try with DX11. DX12 beta isn’t stable and there’s a reason why it’s in beta.

Same for me it has got worse.

I did an overnight flight to find 1 fps the next morning it was never this bad before and I’ve changed nothing l even lowered the TLOD.

I have had enough of wasting my time, my elec bill with this. There’s more important things going on in the world.

2 Likes

The trick did it for me! No drop during taxi, take off and landing, and smooth flight. I usually have a drop After 1,5 jours, but su8 and this trick seemed to solve the problem

I did this and it helped nothing. even after SU8 still can’t do regular IFR flights properly… flighs like EGLL to LEMD is 1:50H flight gets severe FPS drop after 30-60 min flight! at this moment I want more answers than a fix. why is this happening?

3 Likes

try to do a long haul flight and then see if it fixed the problem because for me it didn’t

Try to input your flight plan manualy on your fmc/fms, dont export flight plan.

Hello all

I’m back again with more information and footage of this issue.

I recorded a little clip showing the experience and also how long I have been on the flight.

unfortunately, the recording system only recorded the flight sim window. but I will attach a screenshot regarding system performance.

SYSTEM SPECS

|GPU NVIDIA 4GB GTX 1650
|Processor|AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with Radeon Vega Graphics 4.10 GHz|
|Installed RAM|16,0 GB|

SYSTEM PERF

AND also a video trying to explain and show the experience

https://medal.tv/clips/cMNBtITnyzpob/vpQpcUZgd?invite=cr-MSxPcVIsLA

THIS IS AFTER RESTARING SIM RESUMED FLIGHT

and the system performance

I urge the devs give us answers.

does it help some people if you disable the VFR map in the toolbar?

1 Like

for me is closed along time ago I use navigraph and vatsim

disabled it in toolbar ? ( not only close VFR map ). There was a very old topic in which users reported it was helpfull to disable all the icons in toolbar :slight_smile: I assume this is what was meant…

1 Like

yes disabling it in costum toolbar settings reduced the load on CoherentGTDraw and the stutters disapeared instalntly. it might help some people who knows… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I tried this again last night and unfortunately went back to the same conditions as before. Bummer…

Yes i have it disabled, still the have the FPS degrading issue

I first noticed this FPS degrading issue after the Jan 1st bugs started. I fixed it by uninstalling and removing Sonic Studio 3. After SU8 I had the same issues return after trying to fly from OMDB to YSSY. Although sonic studio 3 is no longer on my PC I did a search and found that ‘Sonic Radar’ had somehow been installed onto my system maybe through an ASUS update. I uninstalled and removed it from my PC then did a test flight from EGLL to YSSY and had no FPS degradation at all. Will do another couple tests with different addons etc and make sure it wasn’t just a lucky one off.

MSFS Prem Deluxe and my addons are:
FBW A32NX
AIG
Aerosoft CRJ
Simultech Jetways
Rex Airport Textures
Toolbar Pushback

1 Like

You know in the past certain keyboard / mouse drivers seem to affect the sim as well. So if it starts acting up again and your running gamming mouse / keyboard you might want to try to remove those as well.

Oh and dont forget to do the Nekid Goat Dance while performing the operation just in case. LOL

For example Razer Synapse seems to cause trouble.
For me i deactivate it before every flight.