After SimUpdate 5 & 6: Kepler GPUs with mesh/coast bug

Wow. Interesting bug and also a really interesting hardware survey. I had no idea so many folks were running this on GTX 7xx and even 6xx gpu’s!

2 Likes

I experience the same issues since sim update 5. So far seen in Germany, Netherlands, Brazil, Australia and other places.

My graphics card is a GTX 770 with 2 GB.

1 Like

Sinkholes are in everywhere after SU5. GTX780 TI OC.

As mentioned above. Since Update 5 problems with scenery as you can see on screen shots around Edinburgh. The ground area can be like a barren wasteland when flying over various areas. On occasions only walkways are visible at various airport’s. They can reappear at various stages of flight. Deep straight crevasses show on various areas. Prior to Update 5 Scenery was very impressive running at High or Ultra. Normally I run at High but now nothing seems to make a difference. My spec is fairly high end with modern G Force RTX 3060/ HDD and SDD/ intel i7-

Adobo please please get this fixed.

next screenshot

2 Likes

Unfortunately after WU6, the “sinkholes” are still there. That makes landing in for instance, Amsterdam impossible because these holes are affecting the “air” above it, so the plane is going into heavy turbulence. I am afraid users, including me (GTX 780M), with older graphics cards are being left out.

4 Likes

I can confirm, it’s still an issue with WU6 on my GTX760 as well. I was hoping it will get fixed, also I tried to put the new pre-caching setting to “Ultra” in hopes that it’s some issue with the Level Of Detail (LOD) calculations, but same result. I know this is an old card, but I had no problem running the game on modest graphic settings until SU5, and now these chasms around bodies of water really destroy the immersion. Please devs, look into it. And consider voting for the topic if affected.

1 Like

Hey :slight_smile: after the update the problems are still the same :frowning: how is microsoft going to fix this? I haven’t been able to fly normally for two months now!!

Als het even in het Nederlands mag. Hier idem. Zelfs na de nieuwe update van afgelopen week zijn de problemen niet verholpen. Hoop gezeur. Microsoft geeft ook niet thuis. Waardeloos.

I have the same problem: GTX 780 Ti here

Hi same problem for me GTX780 4GB with I7 4th gen and 32 gig ram. Holes and trenches all around the earth especially where waterways is meant to be …I posted in various forums and submitted ticket to helpdesk. No one could help thus far.

1 Like

No change here either. Sink holes still persist. Maybe a sim update rather than world update might address the issue ???

Nothing here either. SU6 did nothing to correct the disaster that was SU5.
Someone smarter than me please comment on this … Scenery is rendered the same way, every time. SU5 looks to have “changed” when shorelines (this is where the major chasms are) get rendered. Graphics card gets “x” 100’s of a second to completely render a scene. Oops… to late on to the next. catch 'ya next time. Except there is no next time. Some may catch up, others never do. So did shorelines get pushed to the end of the line in favor of faster downloads and (presumably) a greater LOD or softer clouds??

Since this topic has too few votes, everyone who is affected should make a bug report via zendesk please. Thanks.

Do we have a recognition of the bug by MS or Asobo?

1 Like

Those issues seem to be exclusive to users with Kepler GPUs. For example, someone posted a screenshot of Düsseldorf above, and here’s what it looks like for me.

I have a GTX 750, but it’s using the Maxwell 1.0 architecture so it’s not affected. @MistakenEnte You should update the thread’s title to make it clear that only Kepler is affected.

Consequently, this thread is not going to get many votes. I would highly recommend everyone to send a Zendesk report as StatueBohne35 noted above. They rely on the amount of reports sent when it comes to visual issues, so everyone experiencing this bug should do so. Make sure to include your hardware specifications and a link to this thread too.

Also I would recommend not to expect a fix for this issue. Even though the GTX 770 is still listed as the minimum requirement, unfortunately NVIDIA will not continue providing support for Kepler GPUs in their future drivers. 471.96 is the last one.

Those of you with non-Kepler GPUs, the issues you’re seeing are likely affecting everyone, so you should open new threads for those or participate in existing ones.

1 Like

Yes same here, I’m glad to see this issue is getting more exposure. It has been weeks and nobody has been in touch from Microsoft/Asobo with possible causes/fixes.

See below for near identical issues I have come across since WU5.

I am on a GTX 880M

Hi!

I suffer from the same problem, in the vicinity of coast lines, rivers and lakes. It kills the immersion. Happened after SU5. And GTX 870m here.

To be noticed, it’s not the first time that a graphic bug concerned low-end GPU as ours, but Asobo could find a fix :

2 Likes

Update in first post.

Thanks to everyone so far and please keep reporting and voting.

1 Like

As someone who suffered from the cloud issue I’ve been thinking the exact same, surely they’re connected. I hope it doesn’t take as long to fix this issues for us as it did the cloud bug. That took well over a month.

1 Like