After SU10, FPS still drops during flights

Here I found the culprit: The navigraph toolbar. I uninstalled it and never had FPS degradation again

1 Like

After another terrible flight yesterday (EDDW to EGMC) in the PMDG 737 (started on the ground in Bremen with 55fps and landed with 20fps) I dedicated today to finding a cause.

First thing I removed was FS2Crew. Flew the same flight (EDDW to EGMC) and got fantastic performance all the way (with the same weather as yesterday).

Ureka! I cried. It is FS2Crew causing the problem. So I restarted the computer and flew exactly the same flight again, but this time with FS2Crew again. Andā€¦fantastic performance.

So I fly two flights, one yesterday, one today with absolutely nothing changed and get two different levels of performance. It has nothing to do with my system or setup.

IT HAS TO BE THE SERVERS Asobo!!!

2 Likes

Just curious if you flew with live weather both times? Perhaps this could be a factor as well.

I used one of the cloudy presets. The only slight variable was the time.

Iā€™ve been flying all day, all types of aircraft with my usual setup (ProATC, Navigraph, FS2Crew) and it has all been performing like a dream.

It is so random.

Four flights today, each one perfect in performance (40+ fps in 737 VR 60+ in CJ4 VR - Reverb G2 with res pushed right up above 4300).

If I was being cynical I would maybe say that Microsoft have bumped up their servers for the day with SU12 being released today.

I know it is tinfoil hat stuff, but part of me is starting to think that they donā€™t have enough capacity, so they prioritise new players. Once you go over an hour you get throttled to allow enough bandwidth for everyone.

Final post for the day. SU now downloading around the world for people.

Just flew my 414 on a short flight. Awful FPS (ended with 25fps in EGGW) and the cloud was missing (took off at EGTE with BKN007 but it was CAVOK, landed at EGGW BKN017, again CAVOK). Seems to be a similar server issue to when we last lost the cloud.

This now seems to prove it to me that it is a server issue. I am longing for P3D which, once downloaded, was stable.

1 Like

Itā€™s been plaguing me for years. Iā€™m currently on approach to Pisa in the fenix A320 and have dropped from 60 to 12 fps. Iā€™ve found the GPU isnā€™t fully utilised towards the end of the flight dispite having the settings in the nvidea control panel set to maximum performance. Very annoying.

2 Likes

I think everyone is busy downloading SU12 and trying it out.

Their servers are probably overloaded. I am almost certain that this is a server issue (which is probably unlikely to be fixed as it would cost money for no return).

Iā€™ve given up for a while. When it works it is so good, but when it doesnā€™t is terrible. Itā€™s all so random

I just finished two flights after installing SU12 and was wondering what in the world happened to the performance. Two days before the update the performance was fantastic and smooth with solid 55-65 FPS in JF Piper Arrow and Carenado Bonanza. I thought that I could get some more use out of my 2080 Ti before having to spend $$$$ on a newer GPU. But today Iā€™m not so sure. Maybe itā€™s a server issue. Time will tell but today was awful. Ugh.

1 Like

Same here. Before su12 performance was good for me not great but better than su12. Flew the fenix a320 today i know what my performance and fps was before the update but today it was really bad. Hopefully it is a server overload but we will see.

1 Like

Check if itā€™s not set to DX12 and maybe some other changes.

1 Like

Thanks @wingview, I just checked my settings in the Sim and it was DX12 (Beta). But I also checked my NVIDIA drivers and a new one is available that was just released today. I usually wait a few weeks when a new driver is released, but Iā€™m going to go ahead and try this one now. Iā€™ll report back.

I just did a typical flight with todayā€™s new NVIDIA driver (531.41) and the performance was great. Itā€™s back to what it used to be and very smooth. I wish I had done a test flight today, before the new driver was installed, to see if it was server related. Either way, itā€™s good for me now.

I hate to tempt fate, but the last three days has been amazing. Good performance throughout flights.

I have changed absolutely nothing on my system.

Well itā€™s not your rig. Itā€™s Asobo and their simulator, and they donā€™t seem to care one bit about the performance and visual degradations.

5 Likes

Any of you guys affected by this (again)?

1 Like

from my expirience itā€™s even worse at WU13 without and with the BETA now installed

2 Likes

I found a hack that works for me. I have a mid-high machine that was plagued with Low FPS. When I go into options> data> live air traffic and set to ā€œoffā€ and accept -and then- turn it back on and accept and then I am getting 57-70n FPS.

1 Like

I still encounter with this issue. I am in AAU2 beta and have a long-haul flight with 747-8 for 8 hours. I got huge fps drops in the last 40 minutes before landing.

1 Like

Do you have any kind of AI traffic on?