AI Control Aircraft - AI Pilot is broken, no longer works as expect

I gave up my subscription that allowed me to run the sim months ago and won’t resume until this feature is fixed. But one other thing that was very funny about the AI is how it would slow planes down to literally 10 to 15 knots over stall speed for the final 10 miles or so of the trip. In the case of the Caravan, heck, most pilots don’t even fly it that slow unless on short final. The AI pilot would lose the license quickly running approaches that slow in controlled airspace. :slight_smile:

MODERATOR EDIT: This post merged from another topic.

With Flight Assistant → AI Piloting on, AI pilot is not flying the assigned level, about 600ft too low, hence ATC continously nagging to expedite climb.

Not seen this reported, have I missed a setting here?

2 Likes

Wow. A year later… and still foo. Bar…

Unbelievable.

No change to sky either… too bright and look same everywhere regardless of time of year.

Seems some elenents are just being ignored.

3 Likes

I have a feature suggestion.

The description should be changed from “AI Control” to “Commit Suicide”. Because that’s what it currently does. As soon as I hand control to AI pilot it immediately reduces throttle to zero and goes down either in a left or right turn (just tested on 2 flights with the Ju-52 retrofit and a flightplan loaded)

Other than that it’s a great feature, very handy when I want to crash straight into the ground and don’t want to do it my own!

7 Likes

great news, a guy that I found on youtube is creating something to fix AI control for this sim, it’s in the very early stages, but once it is finished, he will share it with the community

3 Likes

Can you share the link to the video where he discussed what he is doing? That is good news.

2 Likes

it wasn’t a said in a video, I emailed him directly asking how he was able to get AI control to work so well with all the problems all of us were having…he said he created his own fix for it and it’s still in the beginning stages…you can visit his youtube channel, his username is FSWindowSeat

2 Likes

Ai was amazing last night. I took off manually and set it to ai the test it. It followed the flight plan brilliantly up to stuttgart.

Lines itself up and comes in for landing…then proceeds to land and drive across runways through the parking. Across the motorways and comes to a stop in a field. What the actual heck?

1 Like

on the last Q & A, they said that they plan on doing nothing but fix bugs in this sim when they Sim Update 8…hopefully they include fixing the AI control stuff when that time gets here as well

yes jorg said they are focus fixing bugs

1 Like

Mine just stopped working randomly yesterday.

Just finished installing the latest update (Sim Update 6), and I’m not noticing any improvement in the AI control. Pretty much behaving the same as pre-update. Looks like we’ll be waiting some more…

Not surprised.

My AI worked fine the 1st couple of weeks I used this game.

After an update shortly after launch… they screwed it up. Hasn’t been right since.

2 Likes

Bug report or - if AI Pilot killing himself is a feature :slight_smile: - perhaps request for enhanced functionality

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
No

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
Developer mode is on, but no changes made
PS. Developer mode was on so that I could get rid of big holes in ground by turning off water flattening, but this does not work anymore after SU6.

Brief description of the issue:
A320 AI Pilot assigned VOR B approach for LFMN runway 22L.
AI Pilot cannot handle the special procedure to make a sharp turn just before final touch down.
AI Pilot demands long final. Result: Plane hit cumulus granites (kills himself in mountains)
Request. It is OK if AI Pilot cannot handle the approach, but then he should decline the approach and request another one. If there is no suitable other approach, then he should divert. Anything that is safe.
Ideally in flightplanning phase AI pilot should already warn that he cannot land at the destination field, taking current conditons into account (active runway etc.).

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:
Not available and probably not needed

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Ask A320 AI pilot to fly VOR B 22L approach to LFMN

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)
i7, 16GB, GTX760

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue
This has been the situation form the beginning (I think)

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Steam

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
I may have added this to a ticket in past…

To summarize my issues with AI Control Aircraft

1. Randomly the aircraft does not follow the approach pattern but instead flies directly to the airport, and then after missing the runways (not even being alligned properly) just continues to climb.

2. On landing aircraft does not touch down on the runway but instead touches down on the grass or the side of the runway and sometimes just steers to the gate in a straight line ignoring all the taxiways and sometimes colliding into an obstacle.

3. Instead of the pushback sometimes the aircraft just start turning at the gate and collides with an object.

4. The aircaft cannot climb the asigned alitude and stays several hundred feet below it.

Pretty much the same for me.

AI seems to take off fine and half the time makes it to the destination.

Then… Either lands in the wrong spot… Or misses the runway… The keeps flying straight… To nowhere.

AI did work fine for me shortly after the games release. But not for long.
Seems like they broke something in an update and doesn’t care to fix it.

1 Like

Same thing here. I wouldn’t say that it never worked because when the game was released, this feature was working perfectly fine. but since the Japan Update, it is not working at all. I am sad that they do not seem to care about that, because there is A LOT of users that are not that savvy on how to control an aircraft since this version is way worst for beginners as the X version is. if they have this issue as a priority, they would have way more users that it actually has. Do they release any notes telling if they are planning to fix it or not?

Yep, seeing the same thing, however, I have a lot more success if I do not use live weather and if I do I make sure the aircraft does not go over 18000ft. because the standard pressure screws up the altitude. However the strange behaviours I see once in a while, say when there is a ‘U’ in the month name :smiley:

Finally found a fix to this problem…Only for the Asobo a320…Have done several airports and working perfect from take off to landing. When doing the flightplan i pick low altitude airways and then change the arrival from automatic to an ILS runway…works for me everytime atm.
cheers

1 Like

So this does not work for any other planes?