AIG Live Traffic and Traffic Controller -- CTDs Due to Legacy File Change in SU10!

“Regarding this issue, we have identified a potential cause for these CTDs.
A first fix will be available with the next flighting build. I’m not sure it will address all occurrences as it seems to happen for several reasons but we’ll see how many users still have the issue and we will be able to better investigate those cases.”

Source? Is this from AIG or MSFS?

EDIT: i see it must be MSFS, but where did they say that? Because the updated build doesnt mention a fix… :frowning:

Source is Asobo over at the DevSupport Forum.

1 Like

I think the link was posted earlier:

https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/questions/9484/su10b-ctd-ingame-with-lagacy-mdlx-files.html

1 Like

What does “flighting build” mean? Any chance todays update might include any of these fixes?

I only see elevation data mention so i am guessing not.

Flighting build = beta (MS uses the word flight as beta)

And correct, today’s update only addresses incorrect airport elevation.

1 Like

So you’re saying that if I put DX12 on and delete the CVT, I may solve this issue?

Disappointing to see that today’s update only adresses some crude airport elevations.

“Regarding this issue, we have identified a potential cause for these CTDs.
A first fix will be available with the next flighting build"

AIG is the most used AI addon for the sim. Why we didn’t see a fix for it?

Nah, I think the DX12 itself isn’t the solution as I did something else that caused crashes again.

However, I did this to stop them again as I am beginning to believe that the switch from DX11 to DX12 is maybe refreshing or clearing something out that is helping.
1 - Ensure DX11 is set.
2 - Perform the cache clearing instructions from the thread
3 - Start MSFS and load a flight completely (do not load AIG traffic)
4 - Exit to main menu
5 - Switch to DX12 in the options
6 - Reboot computer
7 - Load flight with AIG traffic. Enjoy your flight and hopefully it works!

This is working for me at the moment. Haven’t gotten a memory error on this flight, over 1.5 hours in. Lots of traffic. This might work the other way around too (DX12 → DX11).

Greetings, I have good news. After carrying out many tests and seeing which AIG models presented the faults generated by the CTD’s. I discovered that the FAIB_B767 models are the ones that generate the CTD’s in my case.

What I have temporarily done is:

• Remove those models from aig-aitraffic-oci-beta folder (only FAIB_B767 models)

• Delete the aig-aitraffic-oci-beta_CVT_ folder

• Start the MSFS

several hours have passed and in different airports I have not had CTD’s again.

This temporary solution would only remove the B767 aircraft and not all the FAIB models, because for me, so far the rest of the FAIB models have not generated CTDs when loaded into the SIM.

This for now is working for me while Asobo gives us a definitive solution.

Do tests with this recommendation that I give you and comment if it works for you.

2 Likes

Yes, we can confirm this as well – Kaiii mentioned this at the very beginning that the FAIB models are the issue.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? Traffic piling up at one location at the original airport or 2nd time you return to any airport?

Semor, your asking why the beta isn’t fixed.

Hey, So far I can confirm this. Have tried most all of the FAIB models- except 747. So far no CTD. TC working well so far at multiple airports with not one single CTD. Tried (re truthknown suggestion) switching to DX12 today and found a huge amount of graphic artifacts- unplayable. DX11 works fine. Thanks for posting

Correct, and as mentioned in my tests, to be more specific and not having to eliminate all the FAIB models, only removing those of the Boeing 767 models, for me it was enough to avoid the CTD’s.

We also hope that the real solution arrives soon and we can use 100% of the AIG models again.

I cleared out the cache files and deleted my _CVT directory, and have been fortunate not to have had a CTD with AIG and MSFS Live Traffic since. I have seen FAIB 767’s since then though, and my _CVT seems to have them back

(embedded link, as image upload seems to be broke here).

Not sure what it means, other than we are seeing different outcomes. Perhaps the specific model 767 or livery is the culprit, and in my usage they’ve not been seen in live traffic for me?

Great to know – will try this! Appreciate the insight.

Basal, I ask why a known fix by the dev’s didn’t made it to yesterday’s update.

Does your live Traffic depart from the Gates or stuck there? For me it stucks and dont depart…

I don’t have that cache folder too