Air Manager Instruments sharing thread

Added both elevator trim and flap position indicators for the Carenado Mooney M20R.

@brlowe1965 - you’ll likely want these. I know you mentioned to me a while back you wanted to make them yourself. If you haven’t already, you’re welcome to mine. I’ve already done the grunt work for you. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll be hitting up the landing gear handle next.

Mooney M20 gear handle added.

Another one for you @brlowe1965.

I’m out of town today but I look forward to trying these out when I get home.
I will send an updated pic of my panel after I add them.

Thisis what mine is looking like currently. It’s getting there. I think a fuel valve will be next, followed by a proper parking brake control, as well as the associated controls. Perhaps some of the switches as well.

Unfortunately, the Mooney is currently still broken by SU5. No way to cold start it due to the fuel valve. You can Ctrl+E, but you can’t switch tanks, so stuck feeding from the left tank only…

Did you get the master caution light working too?

I haven’t unfortunately… It’s just there for show…

Added Garmin G1000 NXi bezel. Fully compatible with WT’s beta NXi and VNAV is fully functional.

This version does NOT require Mobiflight to work.

3 Likes

Wonderful - mega thanks for all your work and help. Regards, A

No problem. I make them for myself and my panels. And once I have them built, there’s little point in hoarding them away for myself. I’d much rather if other people can enjoy the fruits of my labour along with me.

1 Like

Thanks @Crunchmeister71 you are very generous to our community and we appreciate your work.

2 Likes

Just checked out the Flap and trim indicators, they look and work great. The Gear knob also.
In the picture of your panel I see you changed out a couple of the instrument, any reason why? Are they a better match or just something you like better? I tried to stick with ones that were a close match to the ingame panel.
Also what is the item at the bottom with the slashed lines in it?

When are you going to do the Altitude selector and fuel flow gauge? After those the panel is complete. Do you have a picture of your radio stack on the second monitor? I’m really liking the GTN750 these days.

I just went for instruments I liked better. They’re close, but a little off from the originals. But the functions are there.

The indicator you’re referrng to is a speed brake indicator. It’s actually for a fighter jet. It was a quick and easy way to tell at a glance if my speed brakes were deployed. Now that I have a TrackIR, I’ll likely get rid of it as it’s just a shoulder check away.

I may tackle that fuel flow at some point and see if I can get it working, I wouldn’t even know where to start with the altitude selector though. Just been using a KAP 140 as my AP.

This is my layout for my second screen. I’d love to use the 750 as well, but the PMS50 one is touch screen, and until touch control is implemented, that’s a no-go for me. The idea for me is to stop using my mouse. That would force me to use it. And it looks like that standalone one ( TDS Software), the company did a dash, stopped selling it, and cut support and ran. Their web site has been only semi-functional for months now and their forum is full of angry people. Well, it was until they revoked forum access to most folks…

PS: ELT is there for show only. It does nothing.

Also, the beauty of “old” planes like this is that people refit them with new avionics all the time. I’m really tempted to buy that payway Garmin G5 from Sim Innovations and use that instead of the attitude indicator and HSI.

So just for fun, I did it. I bought the payware Garmin G5 from Sim Innovations.

Now that certainly cleans up the gauges significantly and turns the Mooney into a more modern aircraft. I have them sized as per the real life units. Frees up space on my screen for other stuff. I think switch panels might come next for this plane along with a correct parking brake. Maybe even a rudder trim indicator and switches. We’ll see how it goes.

Now too bad I can’t get a standalone GTN 750. :confused:

1 Like

I have those G5’s and have not tried it out in this way.

I do have the stand alone GTN750 and it works well. I have 2 problems with it. 1 - when you touch it, it take focus away from FS2020 so I end up needing the mouse to put focus back. 2 - what ever you enter on it does not show up on the ingame panel. Yes the support sight sucks but I did see an answer from the dev just last week so they are still there but who knows what is going on. My guess is they are having some kind of licensing issue and have had to stop selling it. I hope someone picks it up. Best option would be for the PMS50 version to start working with a touch screen. Well it does now a little but not in a very usable way.

For me, when I pop out windows, I get better performance when I take focus away from the sim. If I have MSFS in focus, it’s choppy with an erratic frame rate. If I click out of the sim, it smooths right out. So that wouldn’t be an issue for me at all.

Ditto for stuff not showing up in the in-game screens. I don’t look at the in game stuff ever. I look at my Air Manager panels, so that wouldn’t be an option for me.

I was ready to buy it. No question about it. But there’s no way to buy it now. And it’s strongly looking like this is a fly-by-night shop that put out something, cashed in, and walked away.

That’s a sim issue, not an issue with the 750. If the sim’s touch support worked properly, I’d be all over it like Michael Jackson on a troop of boy scouts. And it would make using the touch panels in the TBM amazing…

Hi Crunchmeister, I just want to say thank you for sharing these great panels! You CJ4 is the reason I bought Air Manager.

The majority of the work on the CJ4 was @FLRob27. He’s the one that really deserves the credit here. I just added the smaller controls to fill the gaps, fixed a few things in his other instruments that had broken from different sim updates since he originally built them, and added a few functions to a couple of panels (like the lower CCP) that weren’t available back when he built it. The MCDU is all his work, and I couldn’t see myself flying the CJ4 without it.

1 Like

I get the not using the mouse thing and that is why the focus change bugs me because I need to use the mouse to get focus back to the game.
I also understand not needing to look at the panel in game and have the 750 match, it just would be nice. There was a mod for a few days that did mirror the 750 to the in game panel but at the same time they started to have problems that mod went away.
I knew the touch screen problem was with the sim and yes they need to fix it for other things like the TBM and I think the Xcub has a touch screen panel in it too.

TBM, Longitude, King Air, XCub, Extra300, and VL-3 all have touch screens. And now, of course, any plane where the PMS50 GTN750 can be used. So it’s a lot. Most planes, actually.

You’d think in 2021 that touch screen functionality would just be a standard feature in something like this. :confused: