Airbus A310-300

So Ive been loving the 310, but this SU12 somehow muted my sounds on the plane? I still hear it but its very low and not as robust as it was yesterday. All of my other planes sound fine though after the update. Anyone else have this issue now?

2 Likes

I am having the same problems too. I recall before SU12 it was too loud LOL and now it is super quite. I even deleted the file and reinstalled with the same results only.

Is there an audio slider that I may of missed? Now, I need to up the volume just to get it as loud as all the other aircraft default audio settings.

3 Likes

Hello!

Just curious, is the Terrain Radar implemented or is it just me that cannot make it work? :slight_smile:

Thanks!

I tried finding one as I know the FBW A320 has an internal audio slider in the EFB but I dont see one here.

Im glad Im not the only one to have this issue.

1 Like

i am on xbox and while the outside view engine sound is really low in the cockpit all i can hear is a humming refrigerator like sound which after climbing above 20.000ft slowly fades away leaving only the sound of air hitting the windshields. basically in cockpit view there is no engine sound which is funny considering before this was the most deafening aircraft in the game blowing out your eardrums due to the bad mixingšŸ˜„

1 Like

The sounds were changed intentionally as per the release notes. At first on beta it was a bit surprising to me but I soon figured this is more realistic. Pilots are wearing noise cancelling headsets and so voice should be nice and clear but the external sounds should be muted.

My end conclusion is that itā€™s the other planes which have got this wrong, and more of them need to be updated for authentic headset sounds. The Mini-500 heli has a switch in the cockpit to let you have headset on or off, which gives you the choice of realistic or game sounds.

2 Likes

The A310 is completely unstable on Xbox since SU12, I left flying a 3:30hr flight. Everything fine until I came back to check the flight it was in the home screen, really annoying whatā€™s happening since it was the only aircraft that I fly in my Xbox because of the complexity of it but since SU12 all the time is a secured CTD. Before SU12 never suffered a CTD while mid air or even at 3rd party airports.
Please fix it ASAP, itā€™s the only good aircraft available for xbox.

1 Like

Sadly this is the case on xbox. Many of us reported this during the beta, the early builds were ok but the latter ones noticeably deteriorated. Sadly there was no improvement and although the A310 still works sometimes, it is much more likely to CTD and/or black screens than it was before SU12.

Iā€™m not even sure itā€™s A310 specific, had crashes in other planes too, but itā€™s very noticeable on the A310.

1 Like

The engine sounds have been greatly improved IMO. The fadeout of the engines as you climb is very realistic. There is now the nice growl of the engines on takeoff and initial climb and a slow fadeout as you accelerate and climb over 10k. I was impressed with what they did with it. PMDG also models this very well. You do not hear the engines up at cruise IRLā€¦

7 Likes

Early in the beta I also experienced a couple of CTDs and a couple of black screens but after the update 5 or 6 days ago IIā€™ve had no problems on Xbox. Hopefully Iā€™m not tempting fate.

Maybe we need to track various details, such as how long into the flight, these issues are happening to try and help Inibuild to focus in on the root cause.

I fly 2 or 3 flights a day but usually no more than 350nm each time. I fly a mix of with or without ATC and all default airports. All with Simbrief imported flight plans but replicated on the World map for some ATC flights.

1 Like

same for me today, AP disconnect for no apparent reason but an unexplained reduction in speed (red speed tape showing). Looks like a bug to me.

2 Likes

Same here - had 5 times CTD in a row at Gate preparing and setting up the plane for flight. Checked it with default a320 not a Problem at all,ā€¦

1 Like

Well, I also had an unusual CTD! I was changing some settings on the EFB and accidentally clicked on the ā€œlink instrumentsā€ function, and when I tried to switch it from ON to OFF, the simulator closed instantly.

1 Like

I am also having issues with black screen and CTD. Before the SU12 I had been doing several intercontinental flights without any problems but after the SU12, 3 attempts at 3h flights made me give up flying yesterday.

The last two flights did not result in a CTD, but a black screen on a cruise flight in the middle of nowhere.

As with every SU thereā€™s always chaos in the early days, Iā€™ll keep watching before accusing the A310 of anything.

And if he has a problem, I hope it gets resolved soon. Itā€™s a plane that you canā€™t get sick of, itā€™s so amazing!

2 Likes

Just my opinion, but I donā€™t put a whole lot of weight into how the sim/aircraft performs in the initial days of a SU. The sim is so heavily dependent on servers which are on meltdown these days, I generally wait a week or so before making any judgments.

Just my 2 cents.

5 Likes

Bad news from SU12.

1. Fuel consumption occurs during pause (not fixed yet)
  2. On EFB if wind is variable -2147483648 is shown
  3. If you press landing gear button on ground it will impossible to re-set the gear in DOWN position (only UP or NEUTRAL)
  4. ā€œWind Shearā€ is now very low in volume (try it with announcement test switch)

It has been like that since beta build released

1 Like

Totally agree. I try not to even fly the sim for the first week or so after a SU. Often by then the first hotfixes will be out too.

1 Like

SU12 as made this plane worse.havenā€™t done a flight without screens going black.

4 Likes

Itā€™s been said that muted sounds on A310 are more realistic than what we had on SU11 but I feel that at least on landing there should be a bit of noise to reflect contact with the runway. It seems almost completely silent to the point that I am not aware if I have landed yet. Should be a quick fix to had some realistic sound to reflect that.

2 Likes