Airbus A310-300

Also “Wind Shear” advice is very very low in volume

1 Like

Honestly it now feels so muted maybe because we were use to have so loud engine sound. But there should be a middle ground maybe.

4 Likes

FSRealistic is my fix to that issue…

This airplane was very good, now the level is low as the other Asobo airplanes.

Furthermore with SU12 I have a heavy FPS drops, never had this before.

Asobo, did you know how to do a merge on git? Maybe this is not the SU12 branch…

2 Likes

Being on XBOX it is not an option I am afraid. Hopefully Inibuilds will realise we have gone from too loud to too quiet! :slight_smile: Unlike many other things in the simulator it shouldn’t be that hard to tweak and keep us all happy. 2 successful flights on A310 in XBX so far, some from add-on which is a good start!

1 Like

I posted this on the inibuilds forum yesterday but no responses so far. Haven’t flown since the update because of lacklustre sounds killing the immersion factor imo but reading here it seems the black screens issue has gotten even worse, was getting this in the past as well and hoping that it would be fixed in SU12 as they were stating ‘memory optimisations’ and I’m confident that the black screen issue is related to memory. Sigh, the best albeit only good airliner on xbox seems totally ruined now.

Inside the cockpit there is now this constant looping whine once you turn on the batteries, it’s painful as you can’t stop hearing this annoying split second pause and it’s at a frequency that is always above all other sounds like the apu bleed, packs, hell even the now quiet engines. The noisiest part of the plane has now become the battery whine in the cockpit, no longer the engines, they seem to have lost all their grunt! During flight inside the cockpit the engines even at full power sound like I have an air compressor running in the background, they certainly no longer sound like jet engines.

Another weird one is when the APU kicks in the increased noise that typically happens when I turn on the APU bleed next (packs come on) is already at that volume, turning on the bleed you can hear some almost muted background sounds kicking in but that “packs are running” sound is there from the start, apu bleed being on or not. Likewise when now turning on the engine starter the packs don’t ‘audibly’ power down either, basically barely any ambient volume difference between the engine starters being on or not. How this compares to the real plane I have no idea but it just sounds VERY different to that it was before and as I recall from flying other airliners when on PC was that the engine starting procedure very audibly powered down the packs.

Something strikes me as not being right here and sound is such an important feature and as much as I love your work guys, based on the current sounds the immersion of flying this plane has gone down to the level where I will have to leave it in the hangar. So I do hope this can be attended to because being stuck on xbox this is the only airliner worth flying currently.

1 Like

I use external camera pretty often and it they are trying mimic the sounds when wearing the headset then shouldn’t that be for cockpit view only and not external camera. Also, the game already have an option dedicated for this called headphone simulation located in the sound settings.

Yeah even the landing callouts are too low now, especially if we are already wearing a headset for Vatsim.

1 Like

Yes I agree with that. Whether or not you hear the landing IRL you will certainly feel it. In the sim we cannot feel it and I also didn’t know when I’d landed on my last flight, audio would be the best way of resolving this.

2 Likes

instruments freeze up for me randomly and do not respond to user input

Right but other things are muted too. Tonight was my first Vatsim flight and altitude callouts are very muted to me now too. Is that realistic?

The only “real” airliner that XBOX users can play is now not good as before. I would like to buy the Antonov but if this is the approach (each updated decrases quality) I wait.

No response from iniBuilds

2 Likes

This is the official SU12 changelog for A310 from iniBuilds:

I read this line:

Fuel burn continuing during pause now fixed

that is not present in the changelog from Asobo and indeed fuel burn still occurs. Someone can explain this?

I had this happen yesterday during cruise. Instruments freeze, fms is blank. I tried to manually fly to destination. But after a couple of minutes, the airplane went to an uncontrollable dive and crashed.

This is the first time I have this happen. I’m on xbox series s.

2 Likes

This is the confirmation that this update ruined the airplane

1 Like

If on xbox and experiencing instability of the A310 post SU12 please add your experiences here…

Other sounds that seem to be completely missing or inaudible are the gear movement sounds, the flaps also made this mechanical/hydraulic sound when going to flaps 15/15, don’t hear that at all anymore and also when rolling down the runway or even taxiway you used to occasionally get that thumping sound, like you were going over a rougher patch, not sure what it was but you do hear it as well irl, also seems to be completely gone.

Yesterday (after SU12 update) had a flight of two hours. All fine (even with Quick Resume). Only thing I noticed was that I was not able to switch on autobreak for landing.

Since the last update, the A310 ILS has stopped working properly. When it is in “LAND” mode, and both autopilots are engaged, it doesn’t always catch the glideslopes and I’ve seen a few times where it suddenly flies to the right just before touchdown and no RETARD is initiated. Previously this worked fine and I didn’t install any add-ons.

Are there any simmers experiencing this?

5 Likes

You are correct…those are now very low for some reason. It has been reported on their Discord.

1 Like