Airbus Industrie A319 by LVFR

That was done in purpose as we suspect that changing that value was causing CTD’s on certain platforms such as XBOX and lowe end PC’s

3 Likes

I just finished a flight from Vancouver to Edmonton. Riding the wave of the new WU. This aircraft is really cool. Only complaint is the issue of lighting in the passenger cabin seen by the external camera, which is where I like to appreciate the most on the console. I have already suggested this change to the LVFR, the same problem exists in the A321. Hope they fix it!

I took the updated A319 out for a short flight from KLAX. The updated climb performance worked great with only a small drop in airspeed but not altitude when I enable the AP. Much better than before! Thanks LVFR! The A319 and A321 are becoming my favorites!

1 Like

I have made several flights but the plane loses the route to follow and starts to turn on itself. Worse than the Asobo standard !! Does anyone happen?

1 Like

Not had that happen to me

I think you refer to this bug. It happens on all default airliners unfortunately, and can depend on the route you fly. Probably not a plane-specific issue.

1 Like

It’s happened to me when flying the Embraer 110 Turboprop, a few of the Carenado planes and I think even the Kodiak played up on me like this some months ago. I’ve pretty much always had this gremlin at some point in time regardless of the plane chosen.

It has to be a legit sim problem and depending on what waypoints are chosen in Flight Planning, some don’t work right for sure, even along at cruise and not necessarily always but certainly mostly on the approach phase.

I remember passing a waypoint over Caledonia in Concord and it never registered as a completed point or updated the FMC, it stayed on the course/continued as intended but I didn’t know where I was. I retried the flight with a modded IFR and removed the VOR station which was the trouble spot and I struck success after that.

Yes you are right that it was an ever present problem especially in the approach phase, but in this plane it also happens to me in the initial phase and the strange thing is that the whole flight plan disappears in the Navigation display and gives me as the next waypoint directly the runway from the destination airport.

2 Likes

I suspect the root cause could be the same, only every airliner handles it differently. The flight plan also disappears completely in the 747, the 787-10 however seems to handle it, or maybe I was just lucky. The flight path remains but the autopilot loses navigation, turning it off and back on solves the issue on that plane.

It’s frankly annoying that this long standing severe bug is still there and is not even acknowledged by Asobo.

2 Likes

Yes it’s strange that they haven’t fixed it yet. And if the flight path includes tight turns, the plane is unable to follow and goes about its business. Regarding the A319, I believe that the performance is still wrong (I am not an expert), as the climb rate is too exaggerated in my opinion and the landing speed indicated in the FMC is too high. The sound and other things were done quite well, but to be honest I was expecting a fix on the performances. (I’m not looking for study levels)

Here is the overspeeding on a gentle decent at flaps 2 managed speed mode. Not as severe as before the update but it’s often not possible to decent at flaps 3 due to the creeping airspeed.

The Autothrottle is engaged and the throttle is correctly in the climb detent. Xbox series X A319 IAE.

3 Likes

I use the term “right on the knifes edge” for how close the plane gets to overspeeding on only a gentle descent.

1 Like

I am pleased with this. I don’t use the FMC as I like to keep things simple. I have found it lands very well. I am enjoying the enhanced engine sounds and extra cabin and wing views.
For someone like me who uses msfs flight plans and enjoys simple ifr flights, it is the best payware add on so far.

7 Likes

To be honest, the moment I approach the DECEL waypoint and the aircraft starts to slow down, I always switch to selected speed mode, even in the A320neo. Somehow I never trusted the managed speed mode towards the approach phase. I like to gradually slow the plane myself, slow enough not to overspeed, and reach landing speed by the time I have to catch the glideslope. So I don’t know if this issue occurs in the A320neo as well but as far as I remember it wasn’t a safe bet either with managed speed mode.

2 Likes

It’s fine in the stock NEO. I have been getting overspeeds in both managed and selected speed modes on the A319.

ETA: I think the issue must be the flight directors pitching too aggressively in the decent modes. Not by much, but enough to overshoot the desired speeds.

1 Like

Maybe use speedbrakes/spoilers?

I have to, but in some profiles even that is not enough. Spoilers Shouldn’t be required in managed speed/decent.

1 Like

Using speed brakes anywhere else but the ground seems an awfully drastic measure in reality. Like I’ve said about greater effects when deploying flaps. By the time you go flaps 3 and 4, you should need a serious wack of throttle in order to overcome the immense drag forces but this one really insists on coming in hot like a fighter jet. Maybe the shorter design has something to do with it being more “slippery” if you will. It really does feel faster than the 320 in some ways.

Been on plenty of flights and I’m pretty sure they are used on descent

Managed speed works surprisingly well in the stock A320. I used to always switch over to selected speed as well coming in on final, but I’ve tried managed and it was all good.

I switch to selected in the LVFR products. The last update was an improvement, but it’s still not quite as good as the stock A320.

1 Like