Airline career multiplayer

I’m curious why multiplayer commercial airline managers so unpopular these days.

There are a few addons like that: SkyPark, NeoFly, OnAir, FSEconomy, Air Hauler 2, AirwaySim - which is the best

But it seems they’re designed to run local and don’t have multiplayer and are aimed at general aviation.

About ten years ago, I flew in VirtAirlines (a Russian free alternative for FSAirlines), giving me the purpose to fly. I was motivated to spend dozens of hours. But these days seems they are dead and don’t have any updates and such popularity like before. They also have an ugly user interface and user experience, I think.

I know that there are a lot of virtual airlines built on top of phpVMS, But every airline has their’s own website and client, so there is no competition between these airlines, and there is no economics: they don’t have to lease or buy an aircraft and so on. It’s just a flight tracker without any competition.

What do you think about it?

I only use OnAir and that is fully online, fully multiplayer and has Virtual Airlines in it. In fact, I just leased 3 more 787’s to do long haul flights for the airline.

Not sure what else to say really.

Graham

Is it possible to join someone’s virtual airline?

of course it is… most Airlines recruit on the OnAir Discord… as long as you are capable of flying their planes and have appropriate certificates, then you are good to go.

After all, you are not going to let a newbie fly a 787 without experience… they are vary expensive to repair if the crash it :slight_smile:

You don’t even have to use the same simulator… I have seen people in a mostly MSFS2020 airline flying with people using XPlane… OnAir is simulator independant.

Graham

1 Like